Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Yes we can can!" said Little Nicola.

I haven't listened to them in a while, but those are both good songs, especially

Mystery Achievement. I've been a little lax in keeping up with the Pretenders,

but their CDs have lots of good songs and very little filler

Tom Waits is definitely your man if you want a growl of a noir sound, and the visuals

were good too. Sometimes when people try to capture the noir look, they go a little

overboard, but this video got it just right, and also had some original touches.

No problem, Miss W.

Since this has been an all-British week (excluding Chrissie from Ohio) so far, why not

continue with Bad Company, telling the unfortunate tale of Johnny, the rock and rolling

Shooting Star.

Mick Ronson, the fair haired lad from Hull, is best known as David Bowie's lead

guitarist from the early 1970s, but he also released a few solo albums, which

turned out quite well. Hey Ma Get Papa.

No connection to anything, and nobody asked me, but to me, the best rock song ever is the Doors'

"LA Woman", followed closely by Bowie's "Suffragette City", the Police's "Message in a Bottle", and Elvis Costello's "Watching the Detectives".

Well, hey, I guess we all know what your formative listening years were. Those are all great songs, especially the Police and Elvis Costello tracks. BTW, did you know Elvis Costello has a television interview show called "Spectacle"? He has a different musical guest every week. No personal stuff, all they talk about is music. Kind of refreshing.

That question would give me more of a headache than your favorite movie, since

there are probably a lot more songs. Maybe not favorites, but very enjoyable are

Bombs Away by the Police and Green Shirt by the other Elvis, though it's

been a while. And why not throw in the Clash, (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais,

and for a freebie the Who Baba O'Reilly. It's all good.