• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sineast

"Yes we can can!" said Little Nicola.

Same to you, Miss W. A Happy New Year.

It's hard for a quiet song to be noticed on an album with thirty songs. It

is a touching ballad, at least until that last thirty seconds when the dissonance

kicks in. But it still works.

Hey, B.W., we have to get this thread going again. Don't neglect little Nicola.

How about we get things off to a (re) start with one of my favourite bands, Wilco? This is from their album "Sky Blue Sky". There's a few seconds of chat prefacing the song, but nevermind. This track has a sweet guitar bit right near the end, so lilting and, uh, guitar-ish.

Impossible Germany:

Impossible Germany? Niemals, meine Freund. I know I've already said this,

I like Wilco's music when I hear it, but I never quite got into them. Just one

of those things. I can barely keep up with the CDs I just bought over the

last year.

I'm sort of winding it down, more or less, but just for the heck of it, Loretta

Lynn singing Success Has Made a Failure of Our Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q22V-HrYdIY

What do you mean, you're "winding it down"? You're not going to post a song a day, which has been your wont for over 3 1/2 years ? ( weekends and occasional other times excepted.)

For some reason this makes me kind of sad. Do you mind if I ask why you've decided to drop little Nicola, and why now?

No, I don't mind. Well, it has been three and a half years, and that's in internet

years. And doing it every weekday got to be a bit of a chore, though still a mostly

pleasant one. And New Year's was a good time to do it, out with the old, in

with the new. Plus insufficient respect for the four human-like lifeforms of Kraft-

werk, and last but not least, Cold Turkey slipping completely off the charts.

The Beatles 4ever, Hello Goodbye.

Well, so be it. In that case, I'll post one more song, since I don't want the last tune I post here to be Wilco's "Impossible Germany" (good though that is.)

Hope it doesn't seem inappropriate - after all, the last song posted here should be from you Bildwasser, since it's your thread and always has been. And "Hello Goodbye" is such a classy way to go.

Still, I'm a-gonna post Bob Dylan's "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue". Hope you guys in the States have access to this one.

(If you ever want to bring it back, Bildwasser, or C. Bogle or Otis Criblecrobble or whatever your name is, I'll be happy to listen. Thought of taking up the torch myself, but I too don't seem to have the same kind of time for it that I used to. Sic transit gloria mundi. )