Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Yes we can can!" said Little Nicola.

sineast

Look, up in the sky. It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's the Mothership, containing strange

visitors from another planet, with musical abilities far beyond those of mortal man, who,

under the name Parliament/Funkadelic, play funk with their bare hands, more than

knee-deep, and can change the course of mighty rhythms. They travel the intergalactic

groove to bring their message of hope to all mankind: Klaatu barado nikto, or translated,

Free your mind, and your **** will follow. Mothership Connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnvvVsKCPLE&feature=related

"Funk is its own reward." George Clinton, Captain of the Mothership.

George also turned out to be something of a political seer:

"They still call it the White House,

But that's a temporary condition too." 1975.

With some help from the Mothership crew, I think the YT problems have been straightened out.

To the forefront is Ringo, doing lead vocals on the Beatles' cover version of the Buck Owens'

hit Act Naturally. Might win an Oscar? The boy might have something there.

The video of Oasis' Don't Look Back In Anger featuring Patrick Macnee of The Avengers

along for the ride with his trademark umbrella, and a tongue-in-cheek reference to the album

cover of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma. I was hoping Diana Rigg might pop up too, but she

doesn't. You can't always get what you want.

That's the part that Patrick will most be remembered for, and why not? Steed had it

all: the flat, the car, the clothes, and I'm sure he did all right with the ladies, though

that wasn't touched on too much. I almost forgot he also played Sir Denis Eaton-Hogg,

the record company president in Spinal Tap. Don't remember his take on the +Smell

the Glove+ album though.

Archived