Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CNN's Summer Series "The Movies"

Hoganman1

I'm sure most of you have see the promos for this series on CNN. It begins in July. I cannot wait to see it. Tom Hanks is the co-creator. It will be like Christmas in summer for every movie fan. Obviously, CNN's early connection with TCM will add to the quality of the show.

• Thanks 1

While I occasionally watch CNN, I haven't seen that promo. I don't really remember what's on tap for July on TCM. Is there going to be a direct tie-in to the CNN series with some of the programming? TCM has had programming tie-ins with material on its sister networks before.

It's not going to be in chronological order. From CNN's press room.

• (7/7) The Eighties – The episode explores the crowd-pleasing titles of the 80s such as The Empire Strikes Back, E.T. and The Breakfast Club.
  • (7/14) The Nineties – The episode explores movie stars of the 90s like Julia Roberts and Will Smith and beloved films such as Jurassic Park, Titanic and Pulp Fiction.
  • (7/21) The 2000s To Today – The episode explores popular films of the 2000s such as Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings and Moulin Rouge.
  • (7/28) The Seventies – The episode explores the films of the 70s that pushed the medium of movie-making such as The Godfather, The Exorcist and Jaws.
  • (8/4) The Sixties – The episode explores the popular films of the 60s such as West Side Story, Bonnie and Clyde, and The Graduate.
  • (8/11) The Golden Age – The episode explores the most iconic films from the 1930s through the 1950s such as King Kong,Casablanca and A Star is Born.

• Thanks 1

It appears that TCM has related programming on July 3rd, when the primetime theme is "CNN: The Movies."  The films scheduled for that evening are some of the most well-known films shown on TCM -

North by Northwest (1959)
   My Fair Lady (1964)
   Casablanca (1942)
   Bringing Up Baby (1938)
   The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)  

I have not seen the promo on CNN, so I apologize if this is repetitive information.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings