Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A 20th Century Fox Retrospective Scrapbook: 2004

2004 opened boldly with the NC-17 rated Bernardo Bertolucci film The Dreamers.

MV5BMTk2NzA3NzkyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA0

This was followed by Kristen Stewart as a teenage burgler in Catch That Kid. Jennifer Beals played her mother.

CatchThatKidMovie.jpg

Gene Hackman retired after the small town comedy Welcome to Mooseport with Ray Romano, Marcia Gay Harden, Fred Savage, Christine Baranski, Rip Torn, Maura Tierney, and June Squibb.

Welcome_To_Mooseport.jpg

Club Dread was a parody of slasher films and beach films.

MV5BMTk0MjMxODkzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDg4

Never Die Alone was a gritty crime saga.

Never_Die_Alone_poster.JPG

While Johnson Family Vacation was a comedy of errors.

Family-vaca.jpg

The Girl Next Door essentially was a more risque update of the already provocative Risky Business.

MV5BMTQzNDE2NjExOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg5

Denzel Washington was out to protect Dakota Fanning from dangerous men including Christopher Walken in Man on Fire.

Man_on_fireposter.jpg

The earth faced grave weather threats in the eco-disaster film The Day After Tomorrow with Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhall, and Ian Holm.

The_Day_After_Tomorrow_movie.jpg

Napoleon Dynamite became a cult film of sorts for teens of the 2000s.

Napoleon_dynamite_post.jpg

The comic strip cat Garfield headed to the big screen voiced by Bill Murray.

Garfield_ver6.jpg

DodgeBall was a hit gross-out comedy.

Movie_poster_Dodgeball_A_True_Underdog_S

Robert Redford was kidnapped, Willem Dafoe was his captor, and Helen Mirren was his desperate wife in The Clearing, a dark, forbidding film.

Clearing_movie_poster.jpg

Will Smith was out to solve a murder in a futuristic society in I Robot, also with James Cromwell.

Movie_poster_i_robot.jpg

Zach Braff starred and directed in the quirky Garden State (made with Miramax) a popular cult comedy romance with Natalie Portman, Peter Sarsgaard, Ian Holm, and Jean smart.

Garden_State_Poster.jpg

Alien Vs. Predator hoped to merge two big horror series for Fox.....

Avpmovie.jpg

Paparazzi was a revenge film where a man saught to off some pesky photographers.

Paparazzi_movie.jpg

First Daughter was kind of like a teen take on Roman Holiday.

First_Daughter_poster.jpg

I Heart Huckabees, a surrealist comedy, turned up next starring Jason Schwartzman, Dustin Hoffman, Lily Tomlin, Jude Law, Naomi Watts, Isabelle Huppert, mark Wahlberg,  Tippi Henren, Shania Twain, Jonah Hill, Jean Smart, Isla Fisher, Richard Jenkins, and Talia Shire. Hoffman had one of his best roles in years, and he and Lily Tomlin stole all of the scenes they were on. The super-nutty film was enjoyable if you were in the mood for it.

I_Heart_Huckabees_poster.JPG

Taxi was a crime-firghting comedy with Queen Latifah, Jimmy Fallon, and Ann-Margret

Taxi_2004_movie.jpg

Sideways was a major critical hit and gave Paul Giamatti a semi-star status. The sometimes outrageous, sometimes tender film also featured Thomas Haden Church, Virginia Madsen, and Sandra Oh.

Sideways_poster.JPG

Kinsey had a self-explanatory title. Liam Neeson, Peter Sarsgaard, Laura linney, Timothy Hutton, Oliver Platt, Lynn Redgrave, Veronica Cartwright, Chris O'Donnell, John Lithgow, and Tim Curry were featured.

220px-Kinsey_movie.jpg

Flight of the Phoenix was a remake of the Jimmy Stewart adventure of 1965.

Flightofthephoenix.PNG

And Fat Albert, based on the Saturday morning cartoon, closed 2004.

220px-Fat_albert_poster.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Michael Rennie said:

I wonder if these threads could be moved into their own category in TCM Programs.

Could make them easier to find.

i have been adding little tags, so that if one clicks on them, one can find all the post in the series in one place, which makes things a little easier..... I have been thinking about doing similar projects for other studios' films.....

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

i have been adding little tags, so that if one clicks on them, one can find all the post in the series in one place, which makes things a little easier..... I have been thinking about doing similar projects for other studios' films.....

I am glad to read this. A studio with an interesting up-and-down history is RKO. So I'd love it if you did RKO next. There are less years to cover (1929 to 1957).

• Thanks 1

My top picks:

1. Napoleon Dynamite
  2. I Heart Huckabee's
  3. Man on Fire
  4. Dodgeball
  5. Kinsey
  6. Sideways

I've also seen The DreamersWelcome to MooseportClub DreadNever Die AloneJohnson Family VacationThe Girl Next DoorThe Day After TomorrowThe ClearingI RobotGarden StateAlien vs. PredatorPaparazzi, and Flight of the Phoenix.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings