Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

Child of Vision

I wasn't familiar with many of these artists, and now I am enjoying their music.

Thanks!

On 7/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, Arsan404 said:

I wasn't familiar with many of these artists, and now I am enjoying their music.

Thanks!

You're welcome and thanks for saying so.

Back in 1980, Toronto became the coolest city in the world when a tiny multi-lingual UHF station (CFMT channel 47) created the first 7 days a week all-night show in North America.

Chuck the Security Guard (actor Chas Lawther) would play all kinds of old and strange stuff through the night. Old episodes of The Outer Limits and Hollywood and the Stars and Fibber McGee and Molly (for example), as well as lots of peculiar shorts, very old commercials from the 50's, music videos, full-contact karate matches. Lots of weird stuff - the weirder the better. He would open the show every night by hollering "Hey, You!" and pointing out at the audience. He would sometimes repeat that after coming back from a commercial break or between episodes run that night.

Anyone who was cool became addicted to this channel at night - losing sleep constantly to watch through the nights as much as possible.

The show lasted only one year, in spite of the amazing popularity of the program - due to a conflict with the shows creator and the station management. I remember how broken-hearted an experience it was watching the very final show.

This video, the images all of which had appeared at some time or other on the show, was played that night. The song is "Hey You" by a Toronto group called The Start.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darkblue said:

a tiny multi-lingual UHF station (CFMT channel 47) created the first 7 days a week all-night show in North America.

chuck-the-security-guard-ad.jpg

It looks like it was a fun show, the security guard having fun at the TV station. The older clips look particularly interesting.

• Thanks 1