Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dogbyte420

Alan Arkin

I've seen 'Deadhead Miles'. It's pretty quirky to find Arkin playing a country-western truck driver.

Actually I've seen a lot of Arkin flicks; he's among my very favorite talents. There was no end to his diversity. Played a Mexican in one flick, a Jew in another...played villains and good guys; rich men and deadbeats, weaklings and hardnosed.

The sweet-souled deaf-mute in 'Heart is a Lonely Hunter' --a role he later discovered greatly influenced Marlon Brando.

He and James Caan in the first cop-buddy flick. 'Freebie and the Bean'. Its still hilarious to this day,

'Rafferty and the Gold-Dust Twins' with Mackenzie Philips..."The In-Laws" with Peter Falk. Comedy gold.

And of course, the triple role in "Wait Until Dark". Someone inquired whether he just missed out on an Oscar for that performance, but he quipped "No one gets an Oscar for scaring Audrey Hepburn"