Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Breaking Bad Movie

BrownShoes

sewhite2000, the first one was a miniseries that lasted 65 episodes. Get it?

Lawrence, you're avatar looks like Placido Domingo dressed up like Pagliacci. If only avatars could sing. Wait a minute, that might not be a good idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, laffite said:

Lawrence, you're avatar looks like Placido Domingo dressed up like Pagliacci. If only avatars could sing. Wait a minute, that might not be a good idea.

Interesting choice to mention this in a thread that I hadn't posted in, but okay.

On topic, I've never seen Breaking Bad. I remember when it started and there was a big promotional push, with a lot of print ads and TV spots, and I remember thinking, "Why would anyone want to watch the dad from Malcolm in the Middle standing around in his underwear making crystal meth?" And the kid that's the co-star looking annoying as hell, and I can't say that I've liked him in anything else that I've seen him in. But then the show became the next big critical hit, so I was proven wrong yet again. Invariably if I think a new TV show looks like garbage it ends up being a big hit. 

22 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Interesting choice to mention this in a thread that I hadn't posted in, but okay.

On topic, I've never seen Breaking Bad. I remember when it started and there was a big promotional push, with a lot of print ads and TV spots, and I remember thinking, "Why would anyone want to watch the dad from Malcolm in the Middle standing around in his underwear making crystal meth?" And the kid that's the co-star looking annoying as hell, and I can't say that I've liked him in anything else that I've seen him in. But then the show became the next big critical hit, so I was proven wrong yet again. Invariably if I think a new TV show looks like garbage it ends up being a big hit. 

You had reacted to another post in the thread so I knew you had been here. Besides, the avatar thing was a sudden realization.

I watched the first three episodes of BB and then without a pause watched all three of them again. Then I knew that wading through the delays of Netflix was not an option and I bought the entire series for $65. The first two years were splendid beyond belief. Like most long story arcs it soon becomes vulnerable to certain criticisms but if the show is that good it becomes pretty easy to forgive. Standing around in ones underwear in the middle of the desert making crystal meth or doing anything for that matter can be a hook and it is interesting that the image of that was the cold open for the first episode. The first episode then begins rather blandly and shows how he got to that point.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings