Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which movie would you love to see that doesn't get shown too often??

9 hours ago, BrownShoes said:

It would be wonderful if TCM would show that one. Edward Woodward's performance is perfect in that movie.

I don't know about "perfect", but surely much better than Nicolas Cage in that 2006 fiasco.  :wacko:

Sepiatone

The Private War of Major Benson (1955).  Starring Charlton Heston, Julie Adams, William Demarest, and Sal Mineo.  Heston is transferred to an ROTC academy to whip it into shape.  I remembered really liking this as a kid.  I'm sure it's probably pretty silly but it would be fun to see it again.  

38 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

Speaking of Edward Woodward, Breaker Morant, is one I would like to see on TCM.

It's been on more than twenty times, but not in the past five years.

Considering that The Garbage Pail Kids Movie has been on twice over the last year, and this movie hasn't been on for the past three and no one else is showing it...

absolute-beginners-film-a5282628-c50b-45

vpJc9hY4XEXm8zHuTfI6vPfZGC7.jpg?quality=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Ku17YP6vDDnIjgZ6EPr

absolute_beginners1-e1470136603885.jpg

8 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

According to moviecollectoroh's database The King of Marvin Gardens has aired on TCM only once, in June, 2012. 

Odd The MOVIES! channel showed it several times this year already.

Sepiatone

Here is one I am surprised I remember. Have not seen it for a very long time. I am not sure if it has ever been shown on TCM, but I really liked it. The Crazy Quilt (1966)

I'm not sure if the original Perils of Pauline has even been on TCM before (though I know the 1947 movie is on very often) but I would like to see the channel play it.

Perilsofpauline.jpg

There was an over 15 year hiatus between scheduling "South Pacific" on TCM but the wait was worth it.  I thought maybe TCM had finally wrestled the rights to show this title. 

The one title which I have never seen in my life and it seems to be absent from other classic movie channels is "Oklahoma". Why is this title absent from movie channels?   

3 hours ago, thomasterryjr said:

There was an over 15 year hiatus between scheduling "South Pacific" on TCM but the wait was worth it.  I thought maybe TCM had finally wrestled the rights to show this title. 

The one title which I have never seen in my life and it seems to be absent from other classic movie channels is "Oklahoma". Why?   

Maybe TCM was discouraged by the Forgetful Jones rendition.

When Dean Martin was Star Of The Month last September.  The franchise they showed with him as part of the lineup that day of the week and were also TCM Premires.  Was the Matt Helm franchise.  Which I absolutely just loved.  It was just so cool actually seeing Dean Martin as a secret agent and those were also so funny too.  I don’t think TCM has shown them since then.  So I would really love to see those again.  All the way through too.  I missed some of them and if they came in a box set.  I would get them too.  Maybe some day they will.