Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which movie would you love to see that doesn't get shown too often??

For me it would be "Death and the Maiden" (a good Roman Polanski film, 1994, with Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley) 

Also, "La Lune dans le caniveau" ("The Moon in the Gutter" in English), by Jean-Jacques Beineix (the chap who made "Diva"), 1983, with Gérard Depardieu and Nastassja Kinski

You think TCM would show these two movies? 

TCM premiered a movie back in January 2011 which I thought was simply wonderful.  It was Cary Grant's debut film, "This Is the Night".  Not quite a "Short and Sweet" film as its running time is about 80 minutes.  I remember this film for having blue tint in the night scenes which was something unique.  This film was scheduled twice on TCM and has not been scheduled since 2011.  Now somebody in TCM Nation will most likely prove me wrong with documentation stating otherwise.  There was a running gag used three and a half times in "This Is the Night" where the chauffeur would "accidentally" catch Thelma Todd's dress in the door and her dress would get torn off of her.  I started to pay much more attention to Thelma Todd afterwards. 

Roland Young was also featured in "This Is the Night".  Mr. Young has never been selected for "Star of the Month".  His filmography is vast enough to be considered for "Star of the Month" along with Thelma Todd. Hint, Hint, Nudge in TCM Programmer's ribs.

“The Blue Veil” (1951), with Jane Wyman, Charles Laughton, and Joan Blondell

”Ask Any Girl” (1959), with David Niven, Shirley MacLaine, and Gig Young

”All The Fine Young Cannibals” (1960), with Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood

”The Dark at the Top of the Stairs” (1960), with Robert Preston, Dorothy McGuire, and Eve Arden

”Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?” (1968), with Doris Day and Robert Morse

• Like 2
On 7/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, Defenestrator said:

A few months ago, they had the 1977 documentary Gizmo! scheduled to air and I was looking forward to seeing it again, but at the last minute with no change in the schedule listings, they aired the 1989 documentary For All Mankind instead. Maybe they realized they didn't have the rights to the former, or just didn't have it in their library.

I haven't seen Help! (1965) airing anywhere for a long time. Maybe they can run a day of movies with exclamation points in their titles. (Them!Airplane!, Top Secret!Mars Attacks!, Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, ¡Three Amigos!It! The Terror From Beyond Space, Oklahoma!, I Want to Live!, Safety Last!).

TCM shows "I want to live" fairly often actually...

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:05 AM, sewhite2000 said:

I wish TCM would air Bedtime Story from Universal in 1964, which is the inspiration for Dirty Rotten Scandals, a film I saw in college having no idea it was a remake and laughed so hard, I seriously think I almost injured myself. The plot and even dialogue similarities are extremely similar. I think it would be instructive for TCM to air them back to back to see just how much the latter took from the former.

I would really love so see that one, since it has Brando playing against type.

Never was a fan of DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, though, but still BEDTIME STORY sounds like it would be quite an interesting film.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:36 PM, thomasterryjr said:

TCM premiered a movie back in January 2011 which I thought was simply wonderful.  It was Cary Grant's debut film, "This Is the Night".  Not quite a "Short and Sweet" film as its running time is about 80 minutes.  I remember this film for having blue tint in the night scenes which was something unique.  This film was scheduled twice on TCM and has not been scheduled since 2011.  Now somebody in TCM Nation will most likely prove me wrong with documentation stating otherwise.  There was a running gag used three and a half times in "This Is the Night" where the chauffeur would "accidentally" catch Thelma Todd's dress in the door and her dress would get torn off of her.  I started to pay much more attention to Thelma Todd afterwards. 

Roland Young was also featured in "This Is the Night".  Mr. Young has never been selected for "Star of the Month".  His filmography is vast enough to be considered for "Star of the Month" along with Thelma Todd. Hint, Hint, Nudge in TCM Programmer's ribs.

3x in 2011 (Jan, May, Aug), and 1x in 2014 (Dec)

• Thanks 1