Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lucille Ball.....serious role

If you want a more serious role for Lucy, I'd suggest The Big Street, which definitely shows a different side of her than we're used to.

She's also great in two noirs, Lured and The Dark Corner.

I'd also recommend her in Five Came Back where she plays one of the survivors of a plane crash and must help decide which five survivors get to be rescued. 

While I don't know if her role is serious persay, she's excellent as part of the ensemble cast in Stage Door

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

If you want a more serious role for Lucy, I'd suggest The Big Street, which definitely shows a different side of her than we're used to.

She's also great in two noirs, Lured and The Dark Corner.

I'd also recommend her in Five Came Back where she plays one of the survivors of a plane crash and must help decide which five survivors get to be rescued. 

While I don't know if her role is serious persay, she's excellent as part of the ensemble cast in Stage Door

I didn't know she was in "Stage Door" 😮  I've seen this movie several times and never noticed.  I actually have it on my DVR right now!  Gonna re-watch and keep an eye out for Lucy!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Debra Johnson said:

I didn't know she was in "Stage Door" 😮  I've seen this movie several times and never noticed.  I actually have it on my DVR right now!  Gonna re-watch and keep an eye out for Lucy!

She plays Judy--the girl who is dating a lumberjack from her hometown of Seattle.  She invites Ginger Rogers on a double date, saying that if anything they'll get to eat real food not another bowl of lamb stew. At the end of the film, Lucy's character is moving out of the house to get married.  She has brown hair in this film. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

If you love her, you will LOVE her "film noir" starring role in THE DARK CORNER (1946).

Lucy is stunning in black and white, and just about steals the film from Mark Stevens, William Bendix and Clifton Webb. Fantastic costuming, too!

Lots of info on Lucy in the commentary track on the dvd!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, papyrusbeetle said:

If you love her, you will LOVE her "film noir" starring role in THE DARK CORNER (1946).

Lucy is stunning in black and white, and just about steals the film from Mark Stevens, William Bendix and Clifton Webb. Fantastic costuming, too!

Lots of info on Lucy in the commentary track on the dvd!

In her autobiography 'Love, Lucy' she said she had a bit of a mental breakdown while filming THE DARK CORNER. But you really can't tell she was having off-screen problems by looking at the movie. I think it was during one of those times that Desi was away on the road, the marriage was in trouble, and she had just been dropped by MGM. She'd also had a miscarriage. So she was basically working to keep her mind off those things. But she was feeling the strain.