Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kliou the Tiger (1936) and Henri de la Falaise

Sukhov

TCM has shown Legong: Dance of the Virgins before but I was wondering the status of the same director Henri de la Falaise's (husband of Gloria Swanson btw) later Kliou the Tiger (which also happens to be the last film shot in two-strip technicolor though IMDB claims it only exists in black and white). If this film even survives anywhere, I can't find it online. Kliou the Tiger and the alternate title Kliou the Killer turn up nothing. I hope this film does actually exist still in decent condition because it would make a good pairing with Legong or Chang: a Drama of the Wilderness on the Silent Sundays. Also one other interesting aspect according to IMDB is that this is considered the first film to be made in what is now Vietnam. 

DMGVTaPVoAA3VPL.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

TCM has shown Legong: Dance of the Virgins before but I was wondering the status of the same director Henri de la Falaise's (husband of Gloria Swanson btw) later Kliou the Tiger (which also happens to be the last film shot in two-strip technicolor though IMDB claims it only exists in black and white). If this film even survives anywhere, I can't find it online. Kliou the Tiger and the alternate title Kliou the Killer turn up nothing. I hope this film does actually exist still in decent condition because it would make a good pairing with Legong or Chang: a Drama of the Wilderness on the Silent Sundays. Also one other interesting aspect according to IMDB is that this is considered the first film to be made in what is now Vietnam. 

DMGVTaPVoAA3VPL.jpg

Someone should make a movie about De La Falaise's life. I would cast Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead.

Born an authentic aristocrat from the Hennessy cognac family, He was a 2 time war hero, avant-garde filmmaker and a key player in the Joseph Kennedy/ Gloria Swanson Hollywood story. He even did a Redux with Constance Bennett.

People like Henri just don't exist anymore.

( Errol Flynn would have been perfect for this role too.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Someone should make a movie about De La Falaise's life. I would cast Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead.

Born an authentic aristocrat from the Hennessy cognac family, He was a 2 time war hero, avant-garde filmmaker and a key player in the Joseph Kennedy/ Gloria Swanson Hollywood story. He even did a Redux with Constance Bennett.

People like Henri just don't exist anymore.

( Errol Flynn would have been perfect for this role too.)

Quite a handsome man too.

Henry_de_La_Falaise.jpg

• Like 1

According to Amazon, Wikipedia and some users on IMDB, Kliou exists as an extra on a Milestone DVD of Legong but I don't want to buy it if I'm not sure it's available on the disc. Not to mention I don't even have a working DVD player right now. I really wish TCM would show it sometime. I can hope. 

The person who runs this blog claims to have seen the film and lists examples of animal violence in it ( even though I don't think any of it is too bad as the natives almost certainly used the dead animals for food and clothing).

https://violence-hurt-animals-in-film.blogspot.com/2015/07/kliou-killer.html

19 hours ago, Fedya said:

Reminiscent of Merian C. Cooper.

Yeah, it would make a good silent sunday night double feature with Chang: A Drama of the Wilderness and maybe with Mickey's Man Friday as a short/ extra in-between (if Disney gave permission of course).

6.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings