Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what fruit spelled backwards is a name?

NipkowDisc

Lime  =  Emil.

However, the one you have pictured here spells/spelled his name Emile.  Emile Meyer, the chaplain in Kubrick's Paths of Glory (1957) and the cattle baron in Stevens' Shane (1953).

I didn't know there was a fruit called NOSDUH!  

Or..  NOTFILC......

Or... Ecarebil.

;)

And speaking of Mr. Meyer, I SWEAR that's him as one of Bogey's henchmen in THE PETRIFIED FOREST.  But even iMDb doesn't list him in the cast as even "uncredited".  

But, as Emile would have been a young 26 at that time, the guy I'm thinking of sure LOOKS like a young Emile.

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I didn't know there was a fruit called NOSDUH!  

Or..  NOTFILC......

Or... Ecarebil.

;)

And speaking of Mr. Meyer, I SWEAR that's him as one of Bogey's henchmen in THE PETRIFIED FOREST.  But even iMDb doesn't list him in the cast as even "uncredited".  

But, as Emile would have been a young 26 at that time, the guy I'm thinking of sure LOOKS like a young Emile.

Sepiatone

976full-the-petrified-forest-(1936)-scre

That's Joe Sawyer as Mantee's henchman, assuming this is the actor you're referencing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wayne said:

Lime  =  Emil.

However, the one you have pictured here spells/spelled his name Emile.  Emile Meyer, the chaplain in Kubrick's Paths of Glory (1957) and the cattle baron in Stevens' Shane (1953).

aw nuts I thought maybe there might be an e.

:D

• Like 1

Alright then! I'll play along here. I mean, I like palindromes as much as the next guy.

One of the toys sittin' out there in my garage is a Porsche 550 Spyder "racecar".

(...and the kind of car the young actor "Semaj Naed" met his maker in)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Alright then! I'll play along here. I mean, I like palindromes as much as the next guy.

One of the toys sittin' out there in my garage is a Porsche 550 Spyder "racecar".

And Marconi's famous quote, to a female detractor:
"I, madam, I made radio!  So I dared--Am I mad?  Am I??"  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TomJH said:

976full-the-petrified-forest-(1936)-scre

That's Joe Sawyer as Mantee's henchman, assuming this is the actor you're referencing.

Thanks TOM.  But you gotta admit, he DO resemble EMILE a bit, eh?  Enough for the "lookalikes" thread I think.  ;) 

And actually DARG( that you must have realized), NIP wasn't referring to a palindrome.  The name he put forward, REGARDLESS of the spelling isn't the same in either direction.  :)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings