Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just now, Dargo said:

I think it's from The Plainsman, TB.

Thanks. I figured it was one of her westerns.

In addition to filming from the side, some of these actresses required specific lighting as they aged. Jean Arthur was in her 50s when she was in SHANE. So not only were they trying to photograph her from the best side, but they also had to photograph her in the best possible light, so she wouldn't look like Brandon de Wilde's grandmother.

Delicate Delores Costello.

227939c3dfec3e8edb885fa0f9143795.jpg

She actually strikes me as more beautiful in profile than when facing the photographer, because her eyes always look so sad. 

• Like 2

Here are a few of my favorites.......

The Great Profile Himself - John Barrymore (I know he's already been posted but i absolutely LOVE John Barrymore so I'm posting him again!)

Buster Keaton had an amazing profile too....

Rudolf Valentino

The beautiful Myrna Loy

and Joan Crawford

• Like 4

th?id=OIP.V1veXDhLuY_2ro4Cet2wSAHaJj&pid

Although I know there are a few naysayers out there, sorry, but I STILL don't understand how ANYone, and be they male OR female, can not recognize Ava here as the classic beauty that she was?!

(...OOOH mama!!!)

• Like 1

Haha, at first I thought "side profiles"? A "profile" means a face viewed from the side.

Then I remembered that many people say "a s s less chaps"....while actually chaps never have a leather seat, they just wrap the legs.

So I'm going to guess the OP was trying to differentiate facial profiles from written profiles.

John Barrymore was known as "The Great Profile" while his famous siblings had almost the same profile.

• Thanks 1