Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EileenM

Northeastern Ohio Chapter

Hello, Northeastern Ohio TCM and Classic Movie Fans:

What is wrong with us?  There have been many posts with interest in starting a chapter in Northeastern Ohio to share our love of classic films. Should we set up a meeting in a public venue to discuss?

According to TCM, these are the steps to start a Chapter:

• The name and location of your Chapter - Need a Name
  • The members of your Chapter (include email addresses) - Need a few names and email address of those who want to be initial members
  • A volunteer to be the President of your Chapter - I will volunteer to be the president unless someone else would like to be the president
  • Your nearest movie theater; please make it a theater that regularly shows TCM Big Screen Classics (only one Chapter per movie theater... if two or more chapters claim the same theater, they may be combined or asked to find an alternate theater) - Suggest Cinemark At Valley View 6001 Canal Rd, Valley View, OH 44125

Let's get our Chapter started!

• Like 2

Eileen, I'm in. Cinemark Valley View is perfect for me - I'm only 12-15 minutes from there. Do you have more people interested?  

NAME:  Derek Moore

EMAIL:  dmooreusafret@hotmail.com

• Like 1

Hi Eileen, I'm willing to join and participate in whatever way I can. My name is Bentley and my email is bdebardelaben@hotmail.com. I'm about 20 minutes for Cinemark Valley View but that's fine. 

I saw an earlier stream of this were other names and emails were included. Should we contact them? Ben

Hello Cleveland Film Fans!

My name is Ron.  I'm a Backlots member visiting from Las Vegas.

I am planning to attend HELLO DOLLY! on Sunday, August 11 at the Cinemark Valley View.

I will be standing outside the theater holding a "Backlots" sign between 12:15 and 12:30.  I will enter the theater at 12:30 for the 1PM screening.

Hit me up here if anyone wants to join me.  Always looking forward to meeting other film fans!

Dinner afterwards?

Hi, I'm Steve H from Cleveland Heights. I'm completely interested but will be out of town Aug 9-Aug 11. My email address is stingwicki@yahoo.com  

• Like 1

Hi Eileen and others, I'm following up on my message from a couple of months ago. My name is Ben and my email is bdebardelaben@hotmail.com. More importantly, I'm willing to co-lead a Cleveland chapter with you or someone else so we can get this going soon. The requirements to form a chapter are not difficult and therefore we should be able to do this with ease. I'm hoping we'll be able to get this going before the year is out. Cinemark Valley View seems like a good location. Does this work for others? Hopefully, we can meet up at a coffee house to begin planning our chapter and what's needed. Please contact me via this stream or by email. Be sure to add TCM chapter launch in the subject line. Thanks everyone! 

I am new to the TCM Forum and saw this post for the North East Ohio Chapter.  Did this group end up forming?  

• Like 1

Good morning Pfauver, not yet. Once I collect a half dozen or so emails, I will email folk offline inquiring as to whether or not they have interest since I am not sure how often people visit this forum. If you are interested provide your name and email and I hope to be in touch soon. Thanks! Have a great day, Ben