Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Muppets Take Manhattan

David Guercio

I just watched The Muppets Take Manhattan earlier tonight from the weekend before last.  I tivoed both The Wizard Of Oz and that from that Saturday and I just loved seeing The Muppets Take Manhattan here on TCM.  Which restaurant in New York did Jim Henson and Frank Oz actually use for Pete’s?  Is it actually gone now or is it actually still there and when Kermit walked into Sardi’s in his disguise.  I actually recognized it right away.  Because of the pictures from the inside.  That was so cool.  I go.  Whow.  That’s Sardi’s and which Theater on Broadway did the Muppets Musical Manhattan Melody’s actually take place in?  Is that Theater actually gone or is it actually still there?  So.  Who’s up for another Muppet movie on TCM?  I sure am.  I vote for the first two.  The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper.

I would love to see both of those films on TCM. I saw both of them in the theater, but I was done with the Muppets by the time Manhattan came out. I think I had my driver's license by then, and I thought I was way too cool to still be going to see the Muppets in the theater. It looks like Manhattan was still in the spirit of the first two, but after that it was just injecting the Muppets into literary adaptations, which didn't interest me at all. I heard good things about the recent franchise revival - the first one, anyway (there were two, I think?).

The first Muppet Movie especially seems perfect for TCM with its parade of cameos by movie and TV stars. I only had a vague idea who some of these people were when I first saw it.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings