Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen444

Quality movies that you don't want to see again

Rollerball 1975....I can watch football all day long but I can't rewatch this movie.  Same issues of head injury but the coach of the team asks.."Who said this is just a game"  Disturbing.  A world controlled by corporations through sports and entertainment.  Hey, that is what's happening today.  Depressing.

• Like 1

Just now, Stephen444 said:

A world controlled by corporations through sports and entertainment.  Hey, that is what's happening today.  Depressing.

Funny, but I was thinking this afternoon while mowing my yard about something similar.  How many NFL stadiums have no corporate branding attached to them?  The only 3 I could come up with were Soldier Field in Chicago, Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, and Lambeau Field in Green Bay.  I know Paul Brown Stadium opened a few years ago in Cincinnati, but it may have finally succumbed to the frenzy of corporate naming rights by now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, midwestan said:

How many NFL stadiums have no corporate branding attached to them?  The only 3 I could come up with were Soldier Field in Chicago, Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, and Lambeau Field in Green Bay.

Probably similar numbers in baseball.  

There are actually quite a few in baseball: Yankee Stadium, Oriole Park, Fenway Park, Kauffman Stadium, Nationals Park, Rogers Centre, Angels Stadium, Mile High Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Marlins Park, Oakland Coliseum.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:54 AM, TikiSoo said:

Then there's the movies I'll NEVER see because you just know "the dog is going to die at the end" like SOUNDER '72 and MARLEY & ME '08.

Add Old Yeller to the list. I watched it once when I was a kid and cried at the end when Tommy Kirk had to shoot the dog. I haven't watched it again since.

There was a Friends episode called The One Where Old Yeller Dies. Lisa Kudrow's Phoebe never knew the ending of Old Yeller because her mother would turn it off before it actually ended. Phoebe was in for a rude awakening when she watched it with her friends.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jinsinna13 said:

Add Old Yeller to the list. I watched it once when I was a kid and cried at the end when Tommy Kirk had to shoot the dog. I haven't watched it again since.

This is the only film that I ever saw, when first released, that I remember hearing people sniffling in the audience.  I can still remember the gun shot and the cloud of smoke that dissipates to reveal the boy’s tearful face.  Don’t remember anything else though.   

• Like 1

I actually haven't seen Old Yeller because I know the dog dies at the end, and I just can't handle it.  Animal movies are hard, because the animal always seems to die at the end.  Animal deaths in movies always seem much more tragic than human deaths--even cartoon animal deaths are sad!

I wasn't upset over "Old Yeller" at all for some reason... Although, I did cry when I read the end of "Where the Red Fern Grows" in second grade. 

5 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I actually haven't seen Old Yeller because I know the dog dies at the end, and I just can't handle it.  Animal movies are hard, because the animal always seems to die at the end.  Animal deaths in movies always seem much more tragic than human deaths--even cartoon animal deaths are sad!

Glad they don't have Dog Noir. My sister-in-law won't watch Eight Below. Here is a clear winner: