Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Criterion: 1000 releases and counting

6 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I have HBO MAX

I don't subscribe but I have been accepted as a guest from a user. I've seen My Brilliant Friend and The Plot Against America (both recommended by my benefactor) and I enjoyed both very much. Browsing around has yielded nothing compelling though it is hard to know. I'm looking for something similar to these two. Any recommendations?

• 3 months later...

Now for Directors #51-60

Fassbinder (Ali:  Fear Eats the soul [198], The Marriage of Maria Braun, Veronika Voss, Lola, Berlin Alexanderplatz, World on a Wire, The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant, The Merchant of four Seasons, Fox and his Friends, Eight Hours don't make a Day)

Griffith nothing

Pasolini: (Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom [17], Mamma Roma, The Decameron, The Canterbury Tales, The Arabian Knights, Teorema)

Huston  (Under the Volcano [410], Wise Blood, The Asphalt Jungle)

Kieslowski (The Double Life of Veronique [359], Blue, White, Red, Blind Chance, Dekalog)

Coen(s) (Inside Llewyn Davis [794], Blood Simple)

Tati  (Monsieur Hulot's Holiday [110], Mon Oncle, Playtime, Trafic, Jour de Fete, Parade)

Vertov nothing

Tarantino nothing

Curtiz  (Mildred Pierce [860], The Breaking Point)

• Thanks 1