Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 4 weeks later...

McConnell pushing for 'highly targeted' COVID-19 relief deal

"....McConnell's comments underscore that the price tag remains the biggest hurdle for any potential deal, with a dispute regarding the size of a package looming over any hopes of clinching a deal before the end of the year.

"I don't think the current situation demands a multitrillion-dollar package. So I think it should be highly targeted, very similar to what I put on the floor both in October and September," McConnell told reporters...........

........Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) added on Tuesday that "McConnell and Senate Republicans must come to the table in good faith and work with us on a bipartisan bill that meets the needs of all our country.".......

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/525364-mcconnell-pushing-for-highly-targeted-covid-relief-deal

<_<

14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

McConnell pushing for 'highly targeted' COVID-19 relief deal

"....McConnell's comments underscore that the price tag remains the biggest hurdle for any potential deal, with a dispute regarding the size of a package looming over any hopes of clinching a deal before the end of the year.

"I don't think the current situation demands a multitrillion-dollar package. So I think it should be highly targeted, very similar to what I put on the floor both in October and September," McConnell told reporters...........

........Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) added on Tuesday that "McConnell and Senate Republicans must come to the table in good faith and work with us on a bipartisan bill that meets the needs of all our country.".......

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/525364-mcconnell-pushing-for-highly-targeted-covid-relief-deal

<_<

While the cost is a major consideration for McConnell, I think there are items buried in both the House and Senate versions that will continue to cause a deal to not happen.

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:09 PM, mr6666 said:

Twitter Users Slam ‘Moscow Mitch’ After McConnell Kills Election Security Bills

He killed all sorts of election security bills.  Now the Republicans are whining about wide spread non-existent election fraud.

• Haha 2

What's the hold up? New stalemate in Congress as $900billion Covid aid package before Christmas collapses after McConnell blocks plan for $160billion in state and local funds 

36720708-0-image-m-4_1607684681548.jpg

In exchange for the $160billion package, US lawmakers had offered McConnell a slimmed-down version of the liability shield he wants for companies facing potential virus-related lawsuits.

• Sad 2

Assuming the GOP wins those two GA Senator seats,   I wonder if Trump will try to convince GOP Senators to vote for someone other than McConnell for Senate Majority Leader.

E.g.  Ron Johnson.    Could that be a reason Johnson is bucking McConnell and continues to imply Biden only won due to fraud?

This vote could be one of the first tests of who really leads the GOP party on a national level.   E.g. say Trump tweets that GOP Senators need to do the right thing and make Johnson (or another kiss-a GOP Senator),  the speaker.      If McConnell is able to win out over the Trump minion,   that would single that Trump doesn't have as much of a hold on the GOP as he desires.      If McConnell loses,   Trump would clearly own the GOP.      

Of course the wise thing for Trump to do would be to not make such a challenge of his power as an Ex-President so early.    But the wise thing isn't an option that Trump usually considers.

• Thanks 1
36907182-0-Cooper_said_So_six_weeks_doze

The Senate Majority Leader congratulated Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on their victory on Tuesday morning, saying: 'The electoral college has spoken.'

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

The Senate Majority Leader congratulated Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on their victory on Tuesday morning, saying: 'The electoral college has spoken.'

Anderson Cooper just being lame and immature once again.   Let it go Anderson.   Trump has been defeated.     (McConnell played it smart, politically,  by waiting).

Anyhow as it relates to McConnell and Trump:  I hope Trump tries to unseat McConnell;   I suspect most GOP Senators would still vote for McConnell and this would be the start of Trump losing his hold on the GOP.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Anderson Cooper just being lame and immature once again.   Let it go Anderson.   Trump has been defeated.     (McConnell played it smart, politically,  by waiting).

Anyhow as it relates to McConnell and Trump:  I hope Trump tries to unseat McConnell;   I suspect most GOP Senators would still vote for McConnell and this would be the start of Trump losing his hold on the GOP.

DUMP's not admitting it! Took Old Grandma over a month to admit it too!

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Assuming the GOP wins those two GA Senator seats,   I wonder if Trump will try to convince GOP Senators to vote for someone other than McConnell for Senate Majority Leader.

E.g.  Ron Johnson.    Could that be a reason Johnson is bucking McConnell and continues to imply Biden only won due to fraud?

This vote could be one of the first tests of who really leads the GOP party on a national level.   E.g. say Trump tweets that GOP Senators need to do the right thing and make Johnson (or another kiss-a GOP Senator),  the speaker.      If McConnell is able to win out over the Trump minion,   that would single that Trump doesn't have as much of a hold on the GOP as he desires.      If McConnell loses,   Trump would clearly own the GOP.      

Of course the wise thing for Trump to do would be to not make such a challenge of his power as an Ex-President so early.    But the wise thing isn't an option that Trump usually considers.

If it is the video I watched of Mitch's never smiling, grumpy face, I enjoyed it.  As for Cooper and others persisting in pointing out Trump's deficiencies and actions, as well as those of other GOPers, that's news.  Go for it.  Incidentally, McConnell is the Senate Majority Leader.  There is no speaker in the Senate.

3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

It would be nice for someone to replace McConnell, but would they be worse for America?  I doubt MAGA, Trump or any others have the power to get McConnell voted out.  But you never know.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, ElCid said:

If it is the video I watched of Mitch's never smiling, grumpy face, I enjoyed it.  As for Cooper and others persisting in pointing out Trump's deficiencies and actions, as well as those of other GOPers, that's news.  Go for it.  Incidentally, McConnell is the Senate Majority Leader.  There is no speaker in the Senate.

It would be nice for someone to replace McConnell, but would they be worse for America?  I doubt MAGA, Trump or any others have the power to get McConnell voted out.  But you never know.

Not sure what you mean by "voted out";    I was referring to McConnell losing the vote to be the Senate Majority Leader.     I also didn't make any prediction as to if Trump had the power to convince GOP Senators to vote for someone other than McConnell.        My point was if Trump would try (or not) and if he did try,  regardless of how the vote turned out,  how that could impact the unity of the GOP. 

As for Cooper: we can disagree on this.    E.g.  CNN has the title of an online article that says it is about Trump's pardons.    The actual article only has a sentence or two about pardons (e.g. how his staff is being overwhelmed with request).   The vast majority of the article is that,   OMG!!!,   Trump hasn't conceded the election but he must be aware his days are numbered since he is focusing a lot of time on pardons.    I.e.     the intent of the CNN article was NOT to inform viewers on Trump and pardons but to,  yet again,  to beat that dead horse that,  OMG!!!!!,   Trump isn't going to concede.       I guess I'll have to continue to wait for CNN to get back to being professional.

PS:  I sure hope you don't view my attacks on CNN as being support for Trump.     The two are not connected in anyway.     

14 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Not sure what you mean by "voted out";    I was referring to McConnell losing the vote to be the Senate Majority Leader.     I also didn't make any prediction as to if Trump had the power to convince GOP Senators to vote for someone other than McConnell.        My point was if Trump would try (or not) and if he did try,  regardless of how the vote turned out,  how that could impact the unity of the GOP. 

As for Cooper: we can disagree on this.    E.g.  CNN has the title of an online article that says it is about Trump's pardons.    The actual article only has a sentence or two about pardons (e.g. how his staff is being overwhelmed with request).   The vast majority of the article is that,   OMG!!!,   Trump hasn't conceded the election but he must be aware his days are numbered since he is focusing a lot of time on pardons.    I.e.     the intent of the CNN article was NOT to inform viewers on Trump and pardons but to,  yet again,  to beat that dead horse that,  OMG!!!!!,   Trump isn't going to concede.       I guess I'll have to continue to wait for CNN to get back to being professional.

PS:  I sure hope you don't view my attacks on CNN as being support for Trump.     The two are not connected in anyway.     

I meant voted out as majority leader.  Thought that was obvious as McConnell just won a new six year term.

CNN is reporting what is interesting to most viewers now.  Unfortunately that is Trump and his absolute failure to accept reality while still president and the failure of the Republican Party to accept it.  As well as his continued fighting it along with too many allies, hate groups, etc.  It is undermining the integrity of the American voting process and the integrity of American Democracy itself.

On the other hand, Fox and Trump ally media continue to focus on the battles and the "fraudulent" elections.

Get over it; it is news to most people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

I meant voted out as majority leader.  Thought that was obvious as McConnell just won a new six year term.

CNN is reporting what is interesting to most viewers now.  Unfortunately that is Trump and his absolute failure to accept reality while still president and the failure of the Republican Party to accept it.  As well as his continued fighting it along with too many allies, hate groups, etc.  It is undermining the integrity of the American voting process and the integrity of American Democracy itself.

On the other hand, Fox and Trump ally media continue to focus on the battles and the "fraudulent" elections.

Get over it; it is news to most people.

Like I said we can agree to disagree on this one.    The latest issue of The Economist doesn't have ONE word about Trump and the election.    Instead the focus is on Biden,  what he is doing to cement his administration and the actual issues facing the nation.

To me the CCN reporting is what I expect from gossip rages.      I guess that is what most people today consider news.

37 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Like I said we can agree to disagree on this one.    The latest issue of The Economist doesn't have ONE word about Trump and the election.    Instead the focus is on Biden,  what he is doing to cement his administration and the actual issues facing the nation.

To me the CCN reporting is what I expect from gossip rages.      I guess that is what most people today consider news.

It is news.  Especially when you still have elected GOP officials still claiming today that Donald Trump won the election.  Think about what that makes America look like to people abroad.  A bloody joke.  And if that is the case then it is news.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

It is news.  Especially when you still have elected GOP officials still claiming today that Donald Trump won the election.  Think about what that makes America look like to people abroad.  A bloody joke.  And if that is the case then it is news.

What Trump is doing is a cash grab.    So far he has taken in 300 million or so from suckers that buy into his nonsense.   

All CNN is doing is running free advertising for Trump.   I.e. each time CNN goes off Trump suckers pony up more and more dollars to their chosen-one.

I watch the BBC,  NHK  and the France channel and they are not covering this.   E.g. all say that US democracy was never really threatened.   That anyone in the know,  knew the US courts would reject the claims,   and that the entire charade was a money making scheme by Trump.

Anyhow I'll try to shut-up about this nonsense and what I find to be unprofessional journalist until January 21st  (assuming this still continues after that date by the US MSM as well as users at this forum).

• Sad 1
42 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What Trump is doing is a cash grab.    So far he has taken in 300 million or so from suckers that buy into his nonsense.   

All CNN is doing is running free advertising for Trump.   I.e. each time CNN goes off Trump suckers pony up more and more dollars to their chosen-one.

I watch the BBC,  NHK  and the France channel and they are not covering this.   E.g. all say that US democracy was never really threatened.   That anyone in the know,  knew the US courts would reject the claims,   and that the entire charade was a money making scheme by Trump.

Anyhow I'll try to shut-up about this nonsense and what I find to be unprofessional journalist until January 21st  (assuming this still continues after that date by the US MSM as well as users at this forum).

Newsflash:  Trump suckers doan watch CNN.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Newsflash:  Trump suckers doan watch CNN.

I'm not so sure about that.     Instead I assume a certain percentage of Trumper do watch CNN just to get outraged.     To help fuel their anger.

I watch Fox morons a-holes like Tucker,  Hannity and Ingraham for that purpose and to ensure I'm aware of where the conservative movement is headed.  (but I can only stand a few minutes, which is enough since most of what they do is just repeat themselves just like CNN hosts).

I assume some Trumpers do the same.     

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Anyone who thinks THIS GOP controlled Senate is ever passing the $2000 COVID checks doesn't understand how McConnell works.

Perdue & Loeffler need the populist Trumpers to help their re-election. The others have 2024 ambitions.

Mitch will never let it reach 60.

Pure politics.

<_<

Mitch McConnell is not a very popular individual this evening with a great many Americans.