Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone remember this commercial for TCM?

SummerStars

I had mentioned this before, and I'm wondering if anyone remembers this one commercial for TCM.  I doubt that it had ever aired on the actual network itself, but I do know for a fact that I've seen it on other Turner networks, namely Cartoon Network and TBS/Superstation. This commercial featured a fast-paced montage of scenes from various classic movies set to the tune of "Sing, Sing, Sing, Sing" from the Broadway version of "42nd Street".  I don't remember what movie scenes were shown, it's been quite a long time since I had last seen it, although I seem to vaguely remember that some of the scenes shown were of Cary Grant running from the airplane flying overhead in NORTH BY NORTHWEST, as well as Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse dancing together during the "noir" scene from THE BAND WAGON (mostly memorable scenes from truly iconic films).  I also recall there was a male voice over who said at the end of the commercial to call your local cable provider to get Turner Classic Movies.  I believe this was first shown about four years after TCM debuted.

Does this sound familiar at all to anyone?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings