Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Virginia Bruce summed it all up perfectly!

yanceycravat

Gotta say here Yancey that with the photo still you selected to use to express your apparent dismay with this movie, AND considering the history our trigger-happy moderator corps have around here, I'm wondering how long it'll take for this thread about There's That Woman Again becoming more a "Where's That Thread Again?" kind'a thing!

(...ya just never know about that moderator corps of ours, ya know) ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually enjoyed the movie.  It's no THIN MAN but it's entertaining enough with great supporting actors. The kind of movie from the period which isn't a classic but entertains none the less.

And, no, it's not photo-shopped!!!

Flipping the bird is an age-old 1st Amendment right!

20 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

I actually enjoyed the movie.  It's no THIN MAN but it's entertaining enough with great supporting actors. The kind of movie from the period which isn't a classic but entertains none the less.

And, no, it's not photo-shopped!!!

Flipping the bird is an age-old 1st Amendment right!

Aaah. Sorry, it seemed to me as if you were making a commentary of the overall quality of this film, Yancey.

(...I've never watched it and missed it again today it seems)

What was she referring to by doing that? I'm sure she had a different meaning! Virginia Bruce was another Hollywood player who never quite made it to the big leagues. She had the talent though. (and definitely the beauty).

• Like 2

In context of the film, it's a moment when Virginia Bruce remembers why she tied a string around her finger.

As older people might recall, tying a string around your finger was a way to remind yourself of something important you had to do.

I suspect very few people, if any, do that anymore. They just schedule a reminder on their phone.

2 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

In context of the film, it's a moment when Virginia Bruce remembers why she tied a string around her finger.

As older people might recall, tying a string around your finger was a way to remind yourself of something important you had to do.

I suspect very few people, if any, do that anymore. They just schedule a reminder on their phone.

I still do this occasionally, Yancey!

I of course ALWAYS remove it before using any power tools and/or operating any heavy equipment for safety reasons.

(...but then afterwards always seem to forget to re-tie that sucker back on my finger...oh the irony, huh)

• Haha 1

The original post sums up the way I feel about the quality of the Sony Pictures video provided to TCM for presentation today.

Because of an apparent frame rate/scanning issue, portions of the video become blurry whenever there is significant motion in the movie.  This most noticeably results in vertical lines in the image looking like spaghetti.  For example, here is a frame showing the blur:

y9ZCQhG.png

You can see how multiple images are bleeding together in the video rather than scanning each frame individually.  Here’s an approximation of what the frame should look like:

O0KtHxD.png

I felt like I had another form of heebie-jeebies after watching today.

• Sad 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings