Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
David Guercio

Ben Vereen

I was just thinking and wondering earlier.  Has TCM ever shown any of Ben Vereen’s movies?  He would be so cool to see too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

I was just thinking and wondering earlier.  Has TCM ever shown any of Ben Vereen’s movies?  He would be so cool to see too.

He was in Funny Lady and that has been on TCM. 

Ben Vereen was always a very talented man, but movies were never his forte.  Aside from “Funny Lady,” the only other movie I remember him in is Bob Fosse’s “All That Jazz.”  I’m not sure TCM has ever shown that film.  Come to think of it, I think he was one of the dancers in Fosse’s “Sweet Charity.”  It’s too bad he didn’t get to transfer his stage performance as Judas when it came time to do a movie version of “Jesus Christ Superstar.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've always like Ben Vereen too. I think his best role ever was Chicken George in ROOTS.

I always thought he was kinda cool too.  First got hip to him from his TENSPEED AND BROWNSHOE TV show with JEFF GOLDBLUM 'round '80 I think....

Sepiatone