Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

Trump/GOP hoped Volker would be a helpful witness.

Instead he: - Called both Biden corruption & Ukrainian interference in 2016 “conspiracy theories”

- Amended prior testimony to admit Sondland did bring up investigations in July 10 mtg

& all present deemed that “inappropriate”
  • Like 1

Devin Nunes asked both men if they’d ever been asked to “bribe or extort anyone” while in their administration roles,
a tactic aimed at heading off Dems’ shift in rhetoric away from accusing Trump of a "quid pro quo"
=================================

"I SAW  him kill the guy......He admitted he killed the guy!"

-BUT he didn't say 'MURDER', did he??

:blink:  :lol:

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

OL9C6H18_bigger.jpg

Sondland: "Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret."

10:07 AM · Nov 20, 2019·Twitter Web App

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

GOLDMAN: You and many top officials knew that coveted W.H. meeting for Pres. Zelensky was conditioned on these investigations. Right?

SONDLAND: The announcement of the investigations.

GOLDMAN: And that includes Sec'y Pompeo? ...

SONDLAND: Yes. GOLDMAN: ...Mulvaney?

SONDLAND: Yes.

It's astonishing how many people who have worked around trump are still able to tell the truth.

13 minutes ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

Re: Trump saying he doesn't know Sondland well.

SWALWELL: In that working relationship, he knows who you are?

SONDLAND: Yes. SWALWELL: And he has spoken to you often?

SONDLAND: What's often?

SWALWELL: You said at least 20 times.

SONDLAND: OK, if that's often then it's often.

2:43 PM · Nov 20, 2019·Twitter Web Client

If somebody gave me a  $1 million dollars, I bet I'd get to know them well.

;)

Remember how I wrote days ago that Trump's view of Ukraine was based on his *personal* dealings in Ukraine in the 2000s?

Wow. Castor just admitted it. He says Trump was influenced by "his business dealings in the region."

Read as: he failed to do business there. He was *angry*.

...... further proof the Ukraine scandal began *years* ago.

In 2006, when Trump failed to get deals in Ukraine;
in 2006, when his associate Manafort signed a deal with Ukraine and Russia;
in 2016 with the RNC platform;
in 2017, with Putin seeding the Ukraine conspiracy theory...
  • Like 1

Morrison's position seems to be that the call was fine

and yet he went to the NSC lawyers to talk about it and was worried how bad it would look if it leaked.
6:50 PM · Nov 19, 2019
------------------------------------------

The call was fine as far as I was concerned
and also I raced over to the lawyers to report it immediately for reasons unrelated to crimes,
of which I did not detect any.

Also, I resigned from my prestigious job after four months, having weighed leaving for three of those months.

:blink:  :rolleyes:

·
1h

NEW: Pentagon official Laura Cooper testified that the Ukrainian embassy was asking about U.S. security assistance on July 25

— the same day as President Trump's call with Ukraine's president.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

RKhDoOMF_bigger.jpg

Exclusive: Congressional records show Nunes, Derek Harvey, and two other staffers traveled to Europe in late 2018. Lev Parnas helped set up meetings for them there, per his lawyer

8:20 PM · Nov 20, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

TxnMjTPt_bigger.jpg

Congressional travel disclosures show Nunes and his aides went to Europe, no further specification of countries--knowing which ones would be very illuminating. Exclusive: Parnas Helped Nunes’ Investigations thedailybeast.com/lev-parnas-helped-rep-devin-nunes-investigations?source=twitter&via=desktop via

8:12 AM · Nov 21, 2019·Twitter Web Client

41 minutes ago, jakeem said:

cBvhDd7p_bigger.jpg

Oh, snap. @RepSwalwell is reading portions of the Daily Beast article on Devin Nunes meeting with Lev Parnas in Europe and has had it entered into the record.

3:02 PM · Nov 21, 2019·Twitter Web App

It looks like the Republican party is wrapped up in this trump Ukrainian conspiracy plot right up to their Devin Nunes fangs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Got a kick out of the looks Holmes gave Jordan as he read off a long list of phone calls

which proved absolutely nothing. Holmes was like What the hell is this clown talking

about. I noticed that Jordan repeats himself all the time just like his good buddy Donny.

On Sunday the Speaker of the House said, on Sunday the Speaker of the House said,

She was on a Sunday talk show and the Speaker of the House said the president is an

impostor. 

• Haha 2

POLITICO

@politico

·

7h

“I refuse to be part of an effort to legitimize an alternate narrative

that the Ukrainian government is a U.S. adversary,

and that Ukraine — not Russia — attacked us in 2016,”

https://politi.co/37oZ9AR

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't know what the short term ramifications will be,

but Adam Schiff over the past two weeks has laid out a case against this president

that will stand the test of history

and will damn every Republican who votes to keep him in office.

giphy.gif
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

POLITICO

@politico

·

7h

Who said this?

Saw a couple of interesting comments on the news.  One said that the Dems had Dr. Fiona Hill testify last because she was the "Helen Mirren" of those testifying.  In other words, she came on strong.

The other was that when it gets to the Senate, McConnell will have two choices.  First, he can refuse to do the trial by stating that there is insufficient evidence.  Or he can bring in a lot of Republican leaning witnesses to provide more information to not only rebut House witnesses, but to add new pro-GOPer testimony on just about any subject they choose.  Of course, he can also "expedite" the whole thing and get it over and done with.  Then Trump can roll into the 2020 elections as being exonerated on all charges.  Leaving many actual voters thinking it was all a waste of time and money by the Dems.

As for the Senate voting, the GOP leadership will probably permit a few GOPers, such as Susan Collins, to vote for conviction (or abstain) knowing the 2/3's vote will never happen.

22 hours ago, mr6666 said:

POLITICO

@politico

·

7h

- Fiona Hill

• Thanks 1

You listen to the actual words of Devon Nunes or Donald Trump and you would think they were written by a child.  Now listen to this in full.  It is for the ages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jakeem said:

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

jelXJ_pv_bigger.jpg

The more you think about the fact that the news tonight isn’t just Devin Nunes but it’s Devin Nunes who is Ranking Member it’s just incredible. He is conflicted out of the investigation he is part of because of THE CRIMES HE COMMITTED.

11:10 PM · Nov 22, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

The top-ranking Republican on the impeachment inquiry is a person of interest in the impeachment investigation.

The Republican party is a Fetid Swamp through and through.

55 minutes ago, jakeem said:

w_96hmja_bigger.jpg

We strongly condemn the Castro regime’s accusations against our Chargé d’Affaires at the U.S. Embassy in Havana. The regime uses these baseless accusations to distract the international community from its abuses, but the U.S. will not waver in our support of the Cuban people.

6:40 AM · Nov 23, 2019·Twitter Web App

54 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Z-2ftHoZ_bigger.png

Great to see the Secretary of State condemn baseless accusations against U.S. diplomats. Perhaps he could also condemn them when they come from President Trump and Republicans in Congress.

7:11 AM · Nov 23, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Pompeo's going back to Wichita where he can pick up his Koch money for his Senate bid.

He doesn't have to care about what happens to the State Department or it's career diplomats,

who have spent their professional lives working for the security of America.

47 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Z-2ftHoZ_bigger.png

Great to see the Secretary of State condemn baseless accusations against U.S. diplomats. Perhaps he could also condemn them when they come from President Trump and Republicans in Congress.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pompeo's going back to Wichita where he can pick up his Koch money for his Senate bid.

He doesn't have to care about what happens to the State Department or it's career diplomats,

Bill Kristol does not have any critical thinking against those who manufacture ways of wars.

Straight out of mob talk, Rudy tells Fox News that Trump dare not throw him under the bus because he has "insurance."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Straight out of mob talk, Rudy tells Fox News that Trump dare not throw him under the bus because he has "insurance."

I have my fingers crossed that Trump will throw Rudy under, just to learn what the "insurance" is. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I have my fingers crossed that Trump will throw Rudy under, just to learn what the "insurance" is. :lol:

That would be great but it looks like it won't be needed given the blind GOP support for crime in the WH.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Has he actually decided to run?

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Has he actually decided to run?

It's highly rumored. It's a public rumor. The Kansas City Star says trump was nationally throwing out such a candidacy on that Fox phone call on Friday. He said Pompeo could easily win. I have to agree with trump, Pompeo would be a shoo-in.

He would have no real competition in either party. Kolbach is the strongest declared Republican candidate and the Republican party doesn't want him. They see him as nothing but trouble and there's a whisper campaign that he's a white supremacist.

The thing is, the Koch brothers were sponsoring Brownback as their political operative. When he bombed out they really put all their chips on Pompeo. And you've noticed how fast he has risen in the trump Administration.

I've talked with people who don't even like trump and they want to vote for Pompeo. 

But as far as I know, he's not a declared candidate yet.

• Thanks 2