Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

You listen to the actual words of Devon Nunes or Donald Trump and you would think they were written by a child.  Now listen to this in full.  It is for the ages.

 

 

Did I hear **** say just today threatening to call Schiff to testify at the Senate trial? Why would he want that, lol? I think Mr Schiff can take care of himself. He won't move the robots but this kind of excellent talk he engages might sway a few voters.

deleted above is : r u m p

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It's highly rumored. It's a public rumor. The Kansas City Star says trump was nationally throwing out such a candidacy on that Fox phone call on Friday. He said Pompeo could easily win. I have to agree with trump, Pompeo would be a shoo-in.

He would have no real competition in either party. Kolbach is the strongest declared Republican candidate and the Republican party doesn't want him. They see him as nothing but trouble and there's a whisper campaign that he's a white supremacist.

The thing is, the Koch brothers were sponsoring Brownback as their political operative. When he bombed out they really put all their chips on Pompeo. And you've noticed how fast he has risen in the trump Administration.

I've talked with people who don't even like trump and they want to vote for Pompeo. 

But as far as I know, he's not a declared candidate yet.

It would give Trump an opportunity to appoint another acting agency head and avoid a confirmation debacle in the Senate.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump White House Counsel Don McGahn Must Comply With House Subpoena, Judge Rules

House Democrats subpoenaed McGahn to testify after the Mueller report laid out several instances of the counsel refusing to carry out orders.

 

ruled that McGahn, who played a major role in former special counsel Robert Mueller’s report focused on Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, must appear, but can assert legal privileges during his testimony. .........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/don-mcgahn-testimony-ruling-trump-mueller-ukraine_n_5ddbf046e4b0d50f3293d9d7?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

:unsure:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Trump White House Counsel Don McGahn Must Comply With House Subpoena, Judge Rules

Beautifully worded. As Rachal Maddow points out, it's not just legalese. It seem plainly worded so that we all can understand for emphasis and also, as I would like to think, as a special rebuke to our idiot president so that even he can understand. THIS IS AMERICA, YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Beautifully worded. As Rachal Maddow points out, it's not just legalese. It seem plainly worded so that we all can understand for emphasis and also, as I would like to think, as a special rebuke to our idiot president so that even he can understand. THIS IS AMERICA, YOU CAN'T DO THAT.

Of course, he can appeal this decision and ultimately the Supreme Court may choose to rule on it.  By which time, the Senate trial and the elections will be over.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Of course, he can appeal this decision and ultimately the Supreme Court may choose to rule on it.  By which time, the Senate trial and the elections will be over.

Which is bullsheet of course, there must be a way to expedite things or there would never be any over site as laid out in the US Constitution.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Which is bullsheet of course, there must be a way to expedite things or there would never be any over site as laid out in the US Constitution.  

The Founding Fathers never anticipated today's political/judicial systems.

It can be expedited by one party asking the Supreme Court to hear it, but they can refuse to do that of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

The Founding Fathers never anticipated today's political/judicial systems.

It can be expedited by one party asking the Supreme Court to hear it, but they can refuse to do that of course.

That's where the system is broken right there. Any litigation concerning the three branches of gov should be expedited asap.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

".....The insidiousness of Trump’s forward inching by desensitizing us to a train off the rails must be stopped. That’s where impeachment comes in. For too long we have relied on pundit babble and impotent congressional subpoenas as a response to pieces of the sky falling. 

Impeachment is the atomic bomb of formal rebukes.  It is a concrete line in the sand — a historic borderline that says “You are not fit to serve.” 

......the Senate’s refusal to remove Trump from office will not mean that impeachment has been a failure. If we stand a hope of reclaiming a democracy in which we can place our faith, it will be through the trail of institutional bread crumbs that mark the path home from the back alley we’ve been residing in for the past three years. 

Reams of evidence that would have otherwise remained buried are now available to the public, which can assess whether presidential bribery and its GOP cover-up matter. If those who supported Trump in 2016 continue to do so, it won’t be for lack of information that will undoubtedly result in his congressional indictment. 

And when time puts the tragedy of Trump’s presidency into perspective, impeachment will be the distinguishing mark that separates Democrats from Republicans.

 

Beyond branding Trump a failed president, for Democrats impeachment is a strategic necessity. Nothing breeds voter apathy quicker than the thought that your leaders are doing nothing in the face of a disaster that demands they do something. 

The 2020 platform must be built around: “We’ve done all we can. If you’re unhappy with what Trump and the Republican Senate have done, vote us back into power.” 

Finally, however slim, impeachment brings a hope for deterrence......"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/12/01/impeachment-historic-vital-statement-tragic-trump-presidency-column/4311521002/

:unsure:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

".....The insidiousness of Trump’s forward inching by desensitizing us to a train off the rails must be stopped. That’s where impeachment comes in. For too long we have relied on pundit babble and impotent congressional subpoenas as a response to pieces of the sky falling. 

Impeachment is the atomic bomb of formal rebukes.  It is a concrete line in the sand — a historic borderline that says “You are not fit to serve.” 

......the Senate’s refusal to remove Trump from office will not mean that impeachment has been a failure. If we stand a hope of reclaiming a democracy in which we can place our faith, it will be through the trail of institutional bread crumbs that mark the path home from the back alley we’ve been residing in for the past three years. 

Reams of evidence that would have otherwise remained buried are now available to the public, which can assess whether presidential bribery and its GOP cover-up matter. If those who supported Trump in 2016 continue to do so, it won’t be for lack of information that will undoubtedly result in his congressional indictment. 

And when time puts the tragedy of Trump’s presidency into perspective, impeachment will be the distinguishing mark that separates Democrats from Republicans.

 

Beyond branding Trump a failed president, for Democrats impeachment is a strategic necessity. Nothing breeds voter apathy quicker than the thought that your leaders are doing nothing in the face of a disaster that demands they do something. 

The 2020 platform must be built around: “We’ve done all we can. If you’re unhappy with what Trump and the Republican Senate have done, vote us back into power.” 

Finally, however slim, impeachment brings a hope for deterrence......"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/12/01/impeachment-historic-vital-statement-tragic-trump-presidency-column/4311521002/

:unsure:

 

Above should identify that the opinion author is Michael J. Stern (see below).

"Impeachment is the atomic bomb of formal rebukes.  It is a concrete line in the sand — a historic borderline that says “You are not fit to serve.”  (Michael Stern).  So that means that Bill Clinton was not fit to serve simply because he was impeached and not convicted by the Senate.

The GOPers are particularly targeting the Dem House districts that Trump won in 2016 and those with freshman Dem Reps.  Impeachment controversy may be enough to swing the independents back into the GOP column.  One district is Joe Cunningham's in coastal S.C.   The GOP ads feature Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Adam Schiff.  [I warned about this months ago].  From article by Alexandra Jaffe and Bill Barrow, Associated Press.

Michael J. Stern, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors, was a federal prosecutor for 25 years in Detroit and Los Angeles.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Above should identify that the opinion author is Michael J. Stern (see below).

"Impeachment is the atomic bomb of formal rebukes.  It is a concrete line in the sand — a historic borderline that says “You are not fit to serve.”  (Michael Stern).  So that means that Bill Clinton was not fit to serve simply because he was impeached and not convicted by the Senate.

The GOPers are particularly targeting the Dem House districts that Trump won in 2016 and those with freshman Dem Reps.  Impeachment controversy may be enough to swing the independents back into the GOP column.  One district is Joe Cunningham's in coastal S.C.   The GOP ads feature Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Adam Schiff.  [I warned about this months ago].  From article by Alexandra Jaffe and Bill Barrow, Associated Press.

Michael J. Stern, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors, was a federal prosecutor for 25 years in Detroit and Los Angeles.....and that explains a lot about Detroit and los angeles.:lol:

 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jakeem said:

_DSC0662_-_CU_crop_-_Copy_bigger.JPG

This week the impeachment hearings proceed with Judiciary. It will be refreshing to hear adults, men and women who love their country and believe in the constitution, addressing the rule of law and the willful flouting of our laws by the occupant of the White House.
 
11:32 AM · Dec 1, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jakeem said:
 

46h0aSgT_bigger.jpg

Michael Cohen told federal investigators that a lawyer from Trump’s legal team encouraged him to hold back details from Congress about “more communications with Russia” on the Trump Tower Moscow project
 
8:20 PM · Dec 2, 2019·SocialFlow

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
11/ Stage 1 of the Ukraine scandal was *exculpating Russia* of attacks on America.
 
Stage 2 of the Ukraine scandal was *exculpating Manafort* of any crimes at all,
the better to ensure he would *shut up* about Russia collusion.
 
Joe Biden only comes in at *Stage 3* of the scandal.
 
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mr6666 said:
 
 
11/ Stage 1 of the Ukraine scandal was *exculpating Russia* of attacks on America.
 
Stage 2 of the Ukraine scandal was *exculpating Manafort* of any crimes at all,
the better to ensure he would *shut up* about Russia collusion.
 
Joe Biden only comes in at *Stage 3* of the scandal.
 

Trump Impeachment: Pelosi Should Remember Latest Ukraine Revelations are Just the Tip of the Iceberg -

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-impeachment-pelosi-tip-iceberg-manafort-1461143

:unsure:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Democrats' impeachment report cites Trump obstruction and withholding aid, warns of 'grave harm'

"No other President has flouted the Constitution and power of Congress to conduct oversight to this extent," the report said.

 

 

"The 300-page report cited two instances of misconduct by the president: obstruction of the House inquiry and withholding an official White House meeting and U.S. military aid from Ukraine on the condition of investigating a Trump political rival.

 

“This report chronicles a scheme of the President of the United States to coerce an ally, Ukraine, that is at war with an adversary, Russia, into doing the president’s political dirty work,” said Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., at a press conference outlining his committee’s findings.

While the report, which was also prepared by the House Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees, didn’t explicitly include recommendations of articles of impeachment, it strongly implies that obstruction could be one. The report noted that past presidents who were the subject of impeachment inquiries, unlike Trump, complied with subpoenas and requests for information from Congress.......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/democrats-impeachment-report-cites-trump-obstruction-withholding-aid-warns-grave-n1094341

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Pelosi has turned the dogs loose and requested that House Judiciary Committee go ahead and present impeachment articles, how soon will it happen?  Saw Dana Bash on TV yesterday and she predicted the vote for impeachment will come before Christmas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

It's about bloody time.  It's just about removing him from the JOB.  A JOB that he has corrupted and is unsuited for.  It's just a JOB.  They shouldn't lose sight of that.

It is just a JOB and one that GOP Senators will NOT vote to remove him for.     So that means it's bloody time for nothing. 

Face reality;   Trump has to be defeated at the ballot box.

(and who did you mean by "they",,,,,,   there is no "they" here, ,,,, but instead Dems and the GOP).

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...