Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

Democrats Begin Impeachment of Trump

On 10/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Jim Jordan, is this the same Jim Jordan who was the Ohio State University pedophile enabler?

I guess that makes him a good spokesperson for trump.

YEP! An embarassment to my state! :(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:56 AM, TomJH said:

Trump is one of the few Presidents to not own a dog. Why should he, with all the lapdogs like Wilbur Ross working for him and jumping at his commands?

Mind you, Trump has shown that he can be a bit of a lapdog himself.

ea19a23add0a152cf62ef6dbd5e44d27.jpg

A Dog would be competition. He wants all the attention on HIMSELF!

• Haha 2

I guess the bigger problem here is that even though no "official" impeachment of the president has started, and the only things going on now is the regular oversight being done by the house committees, then why is the story being told the way it is on every other news outlet. If you watch MSNBC, CNN, and the three major news programs (ABC, CBS, and NBC) you would think the president is going to be going down and soon.

Very deceptive news media. Goes to show you what they ultimately want. Continue this circus as long as they can to get maximum exposure for themselves, just like they did with the Mueller investigation.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheCid said:

Of course the author of the above is a Fox contributor and a National Review contributing editor.  So, more politics, but from the other side.

Regardless, he does have something of a point.  There is NO impeachment inquiry because Pelosi has not created an impeachment inquiry committee as done in the past.  Therefore, the committees investigating the Trump administration do have subpoena powers, but they is subject to being contested in court.  That would delay the actual impeachment hearings for months.

Whereas an impeachment inquiry supposedly enables the impeachment inquiry committee subpoena power that cannot be contested in Federal courts, with possible exception of Supreme Court.  Not sure who would enforce it since only the DOJ under Barr has "law enforcement" personnel.

Bottom line, the House has NOT began impeachment of Trump.  They are still inquiring into the president and the administration under "oversight" procedures, which are weaker than actual impeachment procedures.

It's what Pelosi has said since the beginning. They're not going to impeach unless they have all the information. 

3 hours ago, fxreyman said:

I guess the bigger problem here is that even though no "official" impeachment of the president has started, and the only things going on now is the regular oversight being done by the house committees, then why is the story being told the way it is on every other news outlet. If you watch MSNBC, CNN, and the three major news programs (ABC, CBS, and NBC) you would think the president is going to be going down and soon.

Very deceptive news media. Goes to show you what they ultimately want. Continue this circus as long as they can to get maximum exposure for themselves, just like they did with the Mueller investigation.

From what I have seen, the regular news programs on ABC, NBC and CBS are fairly objective about the whole thing and not predicting Trump is going down.   Although they are accurately reporting that he is in trouble.  Speaking of the 30 minute programs at 6:30 PM ET.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fxreyman said:

Apparently DUMP thinks that too, judging by his behavior.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

Apparently DUMP thinks that too, judging by his behavior.....

He was really mad yesterday. It was simply fun to watch. I wonder how long he can keep it up?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheCid said:

From what I have seen, the regular news programs on ABC, NBC and CBS are fairly objective about the whole thing and not predicting Trump is going down.   Although they are accurately reporting that he is in trouble.  Speaking of the 30 minute programs at 6:30 PM ET.

If anything, I think they are too timid about the subject. NBC is so mealymouthed on the network news. But you watch MSNBC and they rake him over the coals, pointing out Dump's lies! You dont get that from Lester Holt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Princess of Tap said:

He was really mad yesterday. It was simply fun to watch. I wonder how long he can keep it up?

I know. MELTDOWN! :D Long way to go yet.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hibi said:

If anything, I think they are too timid about the subject. NBC is so mealymouthed on the network news. But you watch MSNBC and they rake him over the coals, pointing out Dump's lies! You dont get that from Lester Holt!

Maybe that is the way it should be.  I watch the regular news programs because it is mostly actual news and little political stuff.  Of course I can get the Washington political stuff on MSNBC and CNN since they no longer report any other news.

Yeah, but they seem to go out of their way to say nothing. They dont really point out the lies he tells constantly, giving the impression his charges have merit........

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

After receiving a trove of important documents from the first of the state department witnesses,

my fellow chairs and I highlight some of those deserving of the most attention and what is at stake.

Read them here: https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/_cache/files/a

Every day new developments! UKRAINEGATE!

• Like 1

Text messages now show a clear quid pro quo.  Ukraine had to agree to open a Biden and 2016 Election investigation in return for a meeting with Trump dealing with financial aid.

Republicans who have come before the cameras have said, "what's wrong with that?"

Perhaps using the power of the Office of the White House for one's own personal gain?  Making deals with foreign entities for one's own personal gain?  The shocking thing is that this is not shocking.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Text messages now show a clear quid pro quo.  Ukraine had to agree to open a Biden and 2016 Election investigation in return for a meeting with Trump dealing with financial aid.

Republicans who have come before the cameras have said, "what's wrong with that?"

Perhaps using the power of the Office of the White House for one's own personal gain?  Making deals with foreign entities for one's own personal gain?  The shocking thing is that this is not shocking.

Yeah, right... And old VP Joe Biden while still in office threatening Ukraine with withholding a billion dollars of aid IF they don't fire the prosecutor who was looking at his son's Hunter's business dealings in Ukraine.

22 minutes ago, fxreyman said:

Yeah, right... And old VP Joe Biden while still in office threatening Ukraine with withholding a billion dollars of aid IF they don't fire the prosecutor who was looking at his son's Hunter's business dealings in Ukraine.

Get rid of him too then.  But Trump is selling out America for his own interests - again.

BTW, I thought your accusation had been debunked a while ago.  

15 minutes ago, fxreyman said:

what accusation?

I quote ..."And old VP Joe Biden while still in office threatening Ukraine with withholding a billion dollars of aid IF they don't fire the prosecutor who was looking at his son's Hunter's business dealings in Ukraine."

Rudy has not been able to prove the above.  In any event this is immaterial when looking at Trump's abuse of power.

1 hour ago, fxreyman said:

The Investigation into the corruption at the company Hunter Biden worked at was for improprieties before Biden started working there.  This has been investigated and debunked. 

I thought the reason that Biden (and many other nations) wanted that prosecutor fired was because he wasn't investigating corruption.

From USA Today:

At the heart of Congress' probe into the president's actions is his claim that former Vice President and 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden strong-armed the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in order to thwart an investigation into a company tied to his son, Hunter Biden. 

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

Shokin's inaction prompted international calls for his ouster and ultimately resulted in his removal by Ukraine's parliament.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/03/what-really-happened-when-biden-forced-out-ukraines-top-prosecutor/3785620002/

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I thought the reason that Biden (and many other nations) wanted that prosecutor fired was because he wasn't investigating corruption.

From USA Today:

At the heart of Congress' probe into the president's actions is his claim that former Vice President and 2020 Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden strong-armed the Ukrainian government to fire its top prosecutor in order to thwart an investigation into a company tied to his son, Hunter Biden. 

But sources ranging from former Obama administration officials to an anti-corruption advocate in Ukraine say the official, Viktor Shokin, was ousted for the opposite reason Trump and his allies claim.

It wasn't because Shokin was investigating a natural gas company tied to Biden's son; it was because Shokin wasn't pursuing corruption among the country's politicians, according to a Ukrainian official and four former American officials who specialized in Ukraine and Europe.

Shokin's inaction prompted international calls for his ouster and ultimately resulted in his removal by Ukraine's parliament.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/03/what-really-happened-when-biden-forced-out-ukraines-top-prosecutor/3785620002/

AFTER this attorney general Shokin was removed it was investigated.

READ: Trump officials' texts discussing Ukraine

.....contains more than a dozen text message exchanges involving Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal attorney; Kurt Volker, Trump's former envoy to Ukraine; William Taylor, a top official at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine; Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union; and Andriy Yermak, a Ukrainian official.

“These text messages reflect serious concerns raised by a State Department official about the detrimental effects of withholding critical military assistance from Ukraine, and the importance of setting up a meeting between President Trump and the Ukrainian President without further delay,” the chairmen wrote.  

Read the full release here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/464337-read-trump-officials-texts-discussing-ukraine?__twitter_impression=true

• Thanks 1

House Asks Mike Pence For Ukraine-Related Documents

The request is part of the chamber’s ongoing impeachment inquiry.

Three House committees have asked Vice President Mike Pence to produce documents related to President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine as part of the chamber’s impeachment inquiry.

The House oversight, intelligence and foreign affairs committee chairs sent a joint letter on Friday asking Pence to comply with their request by Oct. 15......

Specifically, the chairs are seeking “all documents and communications” from this year relating to an April 21 call and a July 25 call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Reports have indicated that a member of the vice president’s staff may have been on the line at the time.

A Sept. 1 meeting between Pence and Zelensky has also come under scrutiny. In their letter,........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/house-pence-ukraine-documents_n_5d97a097e4b03b475f99002d?d24=&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

• Like 1