Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JakeHolman

How Much Money Joker Could Make In Its Opening Weekend

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Maybe the movie people feel they haven't presented ALL the "prequels".  Like, how did COUNT DRACULA become a vampire?

Maybe a "prequel" in which TOM JOAD is shown smashing that guy's head "plum to squash" that got him the manslaughter charge?

And was there a "prequel" that let us in on why HANNIBAL LECTER became a psychopathic cannibal? 

The "prequel" possibilities are virtually endless;) 

Sepiatone

Tom Joad: the prison years

:D

Image result for tom joad

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Maybe the movie people feel they haven't presented ALL the "prequels".  Like, how did COUNT DRACULA become a vampire?

And was there a "prequel" that let us in on why HANNIBAL LECTER became a psychopathic cannibal? 

Dracula prequel - Dracula Untold (2014)

Dracula_Untold_poster.jpg

Hannibal Lecter prequel - Hannibal Rising (2007)

Hannibalrisingposter.jpg

See, you could be a Hollywood producer, after all! Except these were both flops....

They haven't done Tom Joad yet, but...

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

They haven't done Tom Joad yet, but...

Yeah, and considering in his own words Tom once said he'll pretty much be everywhere (Ma), I guess there's still the possibility of this, huh.

3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, and considering in his own words Tom once said he'll pretty much be everywhere (Ma), I guess there's still the possibility of this, huh.

Coming summer 2021...

JOAD: The Wrathening of the Grapes

20 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Coming summer 2021...

JOAD: The Wrathening of the Grapes

Set of course in the Dust Bowl.

Still doubt though that the present movie-going demographic would be moved to see it.

(...unless of course they could somehow make Tom into a superhero who with his special powers he derives from his magical tweed cap, fights the social injustices to be found during the Great Depression)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Dracula prequel - Dracula Untold (2014)

Hannibal Lecter prequel - Hannibal Rising (2007)

See, you could be a Hollywood producer, after all! Except these were both flops....

Not to mention, like Joker and Venom, they were just poor lowly GOOD guys, forced into a bad position by other mean people!

Poor little war-orphan Hanny, in his poor little apartment with the Japanese samurai-mask collection he got from his sweet old aunt, having to avenge the only sister who ever loved him from mean war-scavengers...CAN'T YOU SEE HE'S HURTING INSIDE???  😭

(And no, I was not trying to sound like Martin Short on that last line.)

---

EDIT, after reading Gershwin's post:  A-haaa, that's why.  Even if the Dracula movie was just Universal trying to coattail on the success Disney was having (at the time) for their "Maleficent" movie that started the whole poor-villain-spinoff thing.

Also, original author Thomas Harris used the Ukranian serial-killer's-sister story for a deliberately sequel-commissioned book before the movie, which holds up the old Gump & Co. rule of "Never get the book author to write a sequel novel for the movie."

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

The "prequel" possibilities are virtually endless;) 

Sepiatone

Lecter's backstory is based off of the Ukrainian serial killer Andrei Chikatilo. In the 1930s Russia, Lecter watched his sister get kidnapped, murdered and cannibalized. In real life, Chikatilo's older brother was killed by the neighbors for food during a famine.

serial-killer-andrei-chikatilo-541802176

• Thanks 1

OH, and btw...

Even though he's NOT of the aforementioned "present movie-going demographic", I know a guy who'd be greatly motivated to go see some kind'a Tom Joad superhero movie IF they could ALSO somehow toss in a 50-foot tall woman into the mix!

• Haha 1

A "Tom Joad superhero movie"?  What brought that up?  :huh:  I don't recall the idea being mentioned before anywhere.... :unsure:

Sepiatone

40 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

A "Tom Joad superhero movie"?  What brought that up?  :huh:  I don't recall the idea being mentioned before anywhere.... :unsure:

Sepiatone

It was my way of saying that now days it seems for a movie, a "prequel" in this case, and a thought you brought up earlier, to be a hit and/or at the minimum to make any sizeable profit, it would have to be superhero movie and thus one containing a whole lot of CGI effects.

(...sure, not a groundbreaking insight at all, but that's why I brought that up...oh, and maybe to get a chuckle out of a few around here in the process with such an absurd notion, as I'm sure after all these years you've noticed my propensity to state my thoughts within this website's forums in hopes of eliciting a chuckle or two from the assembled...for some reason though, I don't seem to be as successful lately in this ongoing endeavor as I once was, and with this latest attempt at it apparently being a good case-in-point, and especially apparently in YOUR case here!) ;)

LOL

You must have noticed I laughed Darg.  But you're right.  A superhero( or his/her villainous nemesis) prequel would be a bigger seller.  I was just trying to point out the whole "prequel" thing is getting stale.  And I remember that the beginnings of SUPERMAN, and BATMAN do offer, one way or another, an explanation of their beginnings, making a movie "prequel" unnecessary.  In fact, MOST of these X-Men/ Justice league / etc. superhero movies start with how they became the "superhero/heroine characters they are.  They'd have to go back to their point of conception, showing the little "swimmer" that finally penetrates the egg and forms the embryo and track their embryonic growth through all the trimesters which might not sensibly be stretched out for a 2 hour movie or would really interest die hard "Fantastic Freak--er--FOUR" fans.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, hamradio said:

It's not an US only problem either.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7531341/Mass-shooting-threat-posted-online-warns-people-not-watch-Joker-Sydney-cinema.html

'Please be careful': Terrifying mass shooting threat is posted on the dark web warning people to stay away from screenings of the Joker film at a popular Sydney cinema

• Sad 1

I just saw it. I thought it was excellent and Joaquin Phoenix was excellent.

What a dark, disturbing , violent film it was.

If you've seen King of Comedy (1982), you already seen The Joker

Well, everyone knew they were going to hate the Ghostbusters remake, after watching the YouTube trailer...That's something.