Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Elizabeth Taylor An Intimate Portrait

Did anyone catch this early yesterday morning? I thought it was a fantastic special honoring a great actress and always fascinating personality. Yes, she is stunningly gorgeous, but I love her personality as an actress. Her beauty just adds to her performance.

It was a 1975 production and I got a kick out of the mod clothes & hair of (almost creepy) Peter Lawford. He interviewed (among others) Richard Brooks, Vincent Minnelli and costumer Helen Rose! A great opportunity to hear them speak of their careers and working with Liz.

I wish Liz would do an extended Private Screenings just to get her words onto film, her story is just incredible. We will never fully understand what mega stars go through with such skewed personal lives. When I first heard about the death of Michael Jackson, my very first thought was, "Poor Liz, she has lost every confidant & friend she's ever had."

Yes, I caught part of it before I had to leave. Lawford was interviewing Marx; I can't think of his first name. He was talking about how her father kept at him to give her a try out, and when Lassie Come Home started, he did. He was astounded by the little girl's beauty! And, I knew the rest was history, so I had to go.

From your description, I wish I had been able to see the whole thing. One of my favorites is her presence in A Date with Judy. As a teenager, she was breathtaking. I'm glad I got to see what I saw cause now I now that the documentary exists.