Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Comcast moved TCM to Sports/Entertainment Package

6 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I've forgotten after eight pages of this. Did anyone just take the new package for $10 more/month? And, if so, are you happy with it?

I believe a few people have said they went for the new bundle, but I don't think anyone was exactly thrilled about doing so. 

• Thanks 1
On 12/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, sewhite2000 said:

I've forgotten after eight pages of this. Did anyone just take the new package for $10 more/month? And, if so, are you happy with it?

The word I use is acquiesce not happy.  I accepted the move of TCM to the Sports package halfheartedly because I found a slither of sunshine for paying the extra ten bucks per month for TCM.  Back in August Comcast/Xfinity cancelled my "NFL Red Zone" subscription after I had it for over 10 years.  I got the "NFL Red Zone" subscription back with my shelling out the ten bucks per month for TCM.  

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't TCM just use their own app and allow us to subscribe to it directly?  

Have been wanting to cut the cord for a while.   Could just stream Hulu (and get TCM that way, too).   Problem is they will want to charge me more for the internet....sigh....they get ya coming and going.   There's no FIOS here to threaten them with, just satellite, both of which stink.   At least here they do, because the phone company is so bad (can't get Verizon) that the lines send electrical surges and kill modems over and over again.

Comcrap has no a la carte, no senior citizen rates - it does not surprise me that they don't care about the folks in nursing homes, etc.  They are just money pigs.

• Like 1

TCM should step up to the plate and work with Comcast to bring the channel back to the viewers who keep them in business.

I am surprised more people don't place just as much blame on TCM as Comcast for allowing this to happen.

I used to watch TCM all the time but will not pay a cent more to view it, nor will I jump through hoops to find

alternative ways to get TCM.  If  people would stop paying Comcast more, or drop their service altogether

and also stop viewing TCM completely....then maybe a message will be sent to these big corporations that people

aren't going to accept this anymore.   I hope the 2 companies can work together at some point and bring this

channel back to the viewers.  Please show that you care about your viewers.

• Thanks 1
On 1/3/2020 at 6:16 PM, newclassicfilmfan1 said:

TCM should step up to the plate and work with Comcast to bring the channel back to the viewers who keep them in business.

I am surprised more people don't place just as much blame on TCM as Comcast for allowing this to happen.

I used to watch TCM all the time but will not pay a cent more to view it, nor will I jump through hoops to find

alternative ways to get TCM.  If  people would stop paying Comcast more, or drop their service altogether

and also stop viewing TCM completely....then maybe a message will be sent to these big corporations that people

aren't going to accept this anymore.   I hope the 2 companies can work together at some point and bring this

channel back to the viewers.  Please show that you care about your viewers.

oh, they'll sure do that.

:)