Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is College Worth It??...What Reasons,Expectations

College doesn't guarantee employment or the type of job one has their heart set on.

Love the scene in "Little Audrey - the Lost Dream" cartoon where a graduate walked into the employment office, walked out a sanitation worker. :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

College doesn't guarantee employment or the type of job one has their heart set on.

I think trade schools would be a better choice for many if more ppl would give them a chance.They're a lot cheaper than college and when you graduate you have a better chance of getting a job in whatever you've been trained for rather than being yet another college kid w/o a job and maybe not too many prospects for one either judging by what i see happening to many college grads.And trade school grads don't incur the heavy debt that college grads do.Going to a trade school may not make you rich but you'll always be able to find a job no matter where you live or may like to move to...or maybe start your own business to wherever you think you'll have the best chance to succeed.

56 minutes ago, JR33928 said:

I think trade schools would be a better choice for many if more ppl would give them a chance.They're a lot cheaper than college and when you graduate you have a better chance of getting a job in whatever you've been trained for rather than being yet another college kid w/o a job and maybe not too many prospects for one either judging by what i see happening to many college grads.And trade school grads don't incur the heavy debt that college grads do.Going to a trade school may not make you rich but you'll always be able to find a job no matter where you live or may like to move to...or maybe start your own business to wherever you think you'll have the best chance to succeed.

My biggest regret was not taking trade school.  Wish I knew more at the time.  Lucky can do basic carpentry, wiring, plumbing, etc. without any training.  Only need to watch someone do such and absorb it.  I'm not stingy with building materials - have a habit of doubling up on wall joist, want it to LAST! Only use metal boxes NEVER plastic when it comes to wiring. Installed a new water line and sewer outlet with no help. Using an electric jackhammer was murder.