Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whose first movie was it?

1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

Gilda  Radner  next:  Up  the  River  1930

That's amazing. I didn't know Gilda Radner was in the Last Detail. I'll have to look for her when I see it again.

I was looking for Karen Allen who also debuted in that movie.

As for UP THE RIVER I'll go with Humphrey Bogart. Interesting that he started in 1930. I love these trivia games. I learn a lot. Even if it isn't Earth shatteringly important. I still like to know.

Next: THE LONG NIGHT (1947)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Jeanne Cooper

Next: ONE NIGHT IN THE TROPICS (1940)

Clever. The first credited film for Bud Abbott and Lou Costello. 

Next: POUND (1970)

Anbody ever seen this movie? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Robert Downey Jr. (And no, I have never seen POUND...looks interesting though!)

Next: SKATETOWN U.S.A. (1979)

Patrick Swayze....never thought much about his acting but I must admit he was in some very watchable films. I actually liked ROADHOUSE because it was such a stupid premise. DIRTY DANCING was another preposterous subject, but I had to watch. RED DAWN was another. POINT BLANK....what an absolutely ludicrous plot. But I had to see how it ended....and laugh at what dumb thing Keanu Reeves (everyone should have his problems) would do or say. GHOST was probably the best, true artistic film he made.

Next: FOUR BOYS AND A GUN  (1957) There's a couple debuts in this one. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, cinemaman said:

James  Franciscus,  Frank  Campanella  and  Karl  Swenson next:   Detective  Story  1951

Lee Grant...always liked her. Much deserved Oscar for SHAMPOO.

Next: THE CONNECTION (1961)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Roscoe  Lee  Browne  next:  Crazy  For  Love  1952

Brigette Bardot

Next: Alice's Restaurant  (1969) singers/musicians not allowed...unless it's Hoagy Carmichael and he wasn't in this one. 😁

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MrMagoo said:

Brigette Bardot

Next: Alice's Restaurant  (1969) singers/musicians not allowed...unless it's Hoagy Carmichael and he wasn't in this one. 😁

We're looking for an actor who was 34 yrs. old in this debut and appeared in several Coen Brothers films. Nice career.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, MrMagoo said:

Patrick Swayze....never thought much about his acting but I must admit he was in some very watchable films. I actually liked ROADHOUSE because it was such a stupid premise. DIRTY DANCING was another preposterous subject, but I had to watch. RED DAWN was another. POINT BLANK....what an absolutely ludicrous plot. But I had to see how it ended....and laugh at what dumb thing Keanu Reeves (everyone should have his problems) would do or say. GHOST was probably the best, true artistic film he made.

I agree about Swayze's film career. Before he got sick near the end of his life, he toured in a roadshow of CHICAGO. And I think he would have been better than Richard Gere in the movie. Swayze never got to make very many prestigious "A" films. Usually he was put in formulaic junk and some of the junk went over well with audiences which is how he found fame.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I agree about Swayze's film career. Before he got sick near the end of his life, he toured in a roadshow of CHICAGO. And I think he would have been better than Richard Gere in the movie. Swayze never got to make very many prestigious "A" films. Usually he was put in formulaic junk and some of the junk went over well with audiences which is how he found fame.

I agree with you re Swayze over Gere in CHICAGO. 

Wonderful actress, Shirley Booth won an Oscar for her debut film role in COMEBACK LITTLE SHEBA. Though she was an acclaimed Broadway star long before she made it to film. Also won a Tony for the same role.

Next: 'G' MEN (1935)

• Like 1
On 6/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, cinemaman said:

Ann  Dvorak  next:   Life  with  Father  1947

Marty Milner (another good one).

Next;  MAGNUM FORCE (1973)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Robert  Urich  and   Kip  Niven  next:  Oklahoma  1955

Shirley Jones

Next: MURDER BY DEATH (1976)

• Like 1