1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

I'd like to see an evening of Claude Rains at Universal:

THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933)
THE MAN WHO RECLAIMED HIS HEAD (1934)
THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD (1935)
THE WOLF MAN (1941)
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1943)

78634E5B-F12B-4ADB-90EB-350C794DE984_4_5005_c

That would be a perfect line-up of both Rains and Universal....kill two birds with one stone.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I was notified that this was a quote of mine. 

It does seem like something I would say.

LOL, I responded to your quote related to a Dobie Gillis film, saying that they should have programmed Bring Me the Head of Dobie Gillis instead, since it's an adaptation of Durrenmatt's The Visit and would be more appropriate for Halloween. But then I notice your quote was two years old, so I deleted mine.

5 hours ago, Swithin said:

LOL, I responded to your quote related to a Dobie Gillis film, saying that they should have programmed Bring Me the Head of Dobie Gillis instead, since it's an adaptation of Durrenmatt's The Visit and would be more appropriate for Halloween. But then I notice your quote was two years old, so I deleted mine.

I've seen people quoting six year old comments. Sometimes it is not who you're replying to (they could be dead!)...it's who sees it now.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I'd like to see an evening of Claude Rains at Universal:

THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933)
THE MAN WHO RECLAIMED HIS HEAD (1934)
THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD (1935)
THE WOLF MAN (1941)
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (1943)

78634E5B-F12B-4ADB-90EB-350C794DE984_4_5005_c

What, no “Invisible Man”?

edit - d’oh, I overlooked it - first one you listed. Like I said, I’m old.

• Haha 1
On 8/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, uncle charlie said:

I’ve always thought the original Universal horror classics should be shown every year as a Halloween tradition. I’m talking about “Frankenstein”, “Dracula”, “The Wolf Man” and “The Invisible Man”. Of course, I’m old. Speaking of which, it’s funny to think that these movies will be 100 years old before long.

I enthusiastically second your opinion.

My "problem" with the horror films that TCM traditionally shows during October and on Halloween is -- because I'm a horror film aficionado, I naturally own most of the chillers on DVD and Blu-ray disc. I can watch them anytime.

Of the forthcoming horror films on TCM's schedule, I look forward to revisiting Crescendo (a minor Hammer "mini-Hitchcock" thriller) and the sadistic The Hypnotic Eye, which was routinely shown on TV when I was a kid.

I wouldn't complain if TCM replaced The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy with a bueno pelicula de terror mexicana.

8 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Of the forthcoming horror films on TCM's schedule, I look forward to revisiting Crescendo (a minor Hammer "mini-Hitchcock" thriller) and the sadistic The Hypnotic Eye, which was routinely shown on TV when I was a kid.

I'm looking forward to these, as well! I've never seen either of them (and always enjoy a Hammer film.)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Yes, disfiguring women with those rather assorted methods is pretty nasty stuff.

But the movie has some cool moments. Like the Desmond poster in the alley. 

Plus, Marcia Henderson is a fine-looking babe. I wanted to marry her when I first saw this movie. I was 10.

• Like 1