Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ultra early 2019 Oscar tracking???

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:19 AM, JakeHolman said:

They have a lot of top contenders true. But think of last year. Roma looked like it would win, and then, no, it was not it. There were reports that Academy members were angry that streaming films were up for Best Picture. I think it will carry over this year. Netflix will win other categories but will be iced out in Best Picture by Once Upon a Time in Hollywood or 1917.

47 minutes ago, cody1949 said:

I saw THE IRISHMAN earlier this week and if it doesn't take home many awards, including Best Picture, then Academy members are more interested in revenge than merit.

I assume you mean revenge against content providers like Netflix? 

• Like 1

Brief moment of thought here. A twisty film from South Korea called Parasite is a lock for International film this year and will be likely be up for best picture...... but I'm still surprised that on one film website, Letterboxd, they have it listed as the second best film ever made, only 1/100 of an average point behind #1, The Godfather. :huh: