Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ultra early 2019 Oscar tracking???

On 12/7/2019 at 1:55 PM, JakeHolman said:

seeing it in 2 weeks & said by all to be Clint's best in years, even though he of course is not ion it. He swore after UNFORGIVEN he'd never do another Western & hasn't, but also said he'd not star again in one of his projects after GRAN TORINIO & obviously has (THE MULE) 

Even though this is likely well-made don't count on it garnering any Oscar attention, the boat seems full & Oscar victor Kathy Bates already has some Oscar buzz

On 9/6/2019 at 3:31 PM, CinemaInternational said:

tracking is difficult in advance. Its a guarantee every Oscar year that at least one film will overperform expectations, while another will crash and burn unexpectedly. That said, with Hollywood the way it is now, the field of potential nominees is much samller, so you can arrange a list like this by studio and map out most of your possible contenders:

Netflix
The Irishman
Marriage Story
The Laundromat
The Two Popes
The King
the Last Thing He Wanted

Columbia
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Little Women

Universal
Us
Cats
Queen and Slim

Warner Bros.
Joker
The Goldfinch
The Good Liar
Motherless Brooklyn
Just Mercy

Focus Features
Harriet
Downton Abbey
Dark Waters

Fox Searchlight
Jojo Rabbit
A Hidden Life
Lucy in the Sky

A24
The Farewell
The Lighthouse
Uncut Gems

20th Century Fox
Ford Versus Ferrari
Ad Astra

TriStar
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Neon
Parasite
Clemency

Sony Pictures Classics
Pain and Glory

Roadside Attractions
Judy

Paramount
Rocketman
Gemini Man

Disney
Toy Story 4

Amazon
The Report
the Aeronauts

United Artists
Booksmart

That's pretty much what the lineups will be made of. it's hard to say what will win Picture at this point with the changing face of academy voters.  As for acting winners, at this point I would guess: Joaquin Phoenix (Joker), Cynthia Erivo (Harriet), Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), Laura Dern (Marriage Story) Although Pitt won before for producing 12 Years a Slave, all four would be first time acting winners.

Also, keep an eye on Maggie Smith. If she gets nominated for Downton Abbey, she will shatter a long-held academy record for acting nominations over the longest span of time.

when will The Irishman finally open???

On 12/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, JakeHolman said:

To Jake, I man Steve, another good one buddy   I now think it's safe to say Bobby De will not earn his 8th acting shot in The Irishman, but he co produced thee crime epic so may win a 3rd statue when if claims BP Gold & this goes way back but the Academy truly robbed him for 1973;s Mean Streets as Jonny Boy unhinged

To Jake Holman, sure would like your e mail because of my knowledge of McQueen & such don't know your age, I just turned 55 & he was my very first hero & or idol in the '70's  Evel Knievel was my other one back then.  Please drop my a line at (jeffshannon50@gmail.com) I correspond with lots that came fr9m these boards as well

I was **** when Citadel went under just before I could get his films of book & his relationship with NATALIE & so on   Matter of fact much to my surprise when first visited her grave (April if 1999)  it was a big surprise to see a rather fresh grave right along side f NATALIE;S, it turned out to be his daughter Terry McQueen who only made it to age 38  She & her remain9ng family had to have been close to NAASHA to get that close. His family genetically  did not have a good bloodline, though son Chad is about 57 now & looks more & more like hi9s old man al the tie. I even briefly corresoponded yrs back with him too

So please drop me a line or as many as you like t chat about STEVE!   Again it's (jeffshannon50@gmail.com) & I;m on FB under Spencer Shannon too

THANKS

On 12/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, spence said:

seeing it in 2 weeks & said by all to be Clint's best in years, even though he of course is not ion it. He swore after UNFORGIVEN he'd never do another Western & hasn't, but also said he'd not star again in one of his projects after GRAN TORINIO & obviously has (THE MULE) 

Even though this is likely well-made don't count on it garnering any Oscar attention, the boat seems full & Oscar victor Kathy Bates already has some Oscar buzz

seeing it tomorrow

5 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

hey pal, excellent going once again, though JoJo Rabbit may not be a big AMOPAS contender, just my gut feeling & over 36-37yrs whenever I altered I messed up If anything it's script & maybe Scarlett Johannson in support may be in the Golden Race. Remember, it's a comedy

She may just be nommed twice this year?  The Hitler thing may be a bit put off to mainstream voters too?

(TRIVIA: Forbes last summer cited her as highest pd$$$ actress's of the year by the way)

Entertainment Weekly has been covering this since about 1990/91 I must admit I have the advantage long before the net,etc All thee now too many annual Pre-OSCAR Awards & more, used top gather my jazz from newspapers back starting with the 1982 Academy Awards-( I did awful for first couple yrs though starting in 1982  & you remember the year of E.T. Tootsie & Gandhi

ANYWAY BELOW IS A COMPARISN CHART OF WHO & WHAT WILL BE OFFICIALLY IN THE RACE FOR THE 92nd ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS-(official noms to be announced Feb. 9th)    JUST FOPR FUN SAVE AND COMPARE   *-Indicates possible frontrunner

Entertainment Weekly=)There should be 9 this time around)?

Best Picture?

The Irishman

Jo Joe Rabbit

Joker

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Little Women

Marriage Story

Parasite

Richard Jewell

Actors by EW editing team?

Christian Bale in Ford vs Ferrari

Leonard DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Adam Driver, Marriage Story

Joaquin Phoenix,  Joker

& Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory

Actress?

Cynthia Erivu, Harriet

Scarlett Johansson,  Marriage Story

Saoirse Ronan, Little Women

Charlize Theron, Bombshell

& Renee Zellweger ij  Judy

S. Actor?\

Song Kong Ho in Parasite

Al Pacino, The Irishman

Joe Pesci, The Irishman

Brad Pitt, 0nce Upon a Time in Hollywood

&Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

S. Actress?

Kathy Bates in Richard Jewell

Laura Dern, Marriage Story

Nicole Kidman,  Bombshell

Margot Robbie, Bombshell

& Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers

AND EWBEST DIRECTOR FORECAST?

Nathan Baumbach for Marriage Story

Boong Jong Ho, Parasite

Sam Mendes, 1917

Martin Scorsese , The Irishman

& Quentin Tarentino, 0nce Upon  a Time in Hollywood

VS. MY OWN FORECAST OF THE NOMINEES

Best Picture?

A MATCH EXCEPT FOR 1 I HAVE THE TWO=-POPES VS. JOEJO RABBIT

Actor?

1 SPLIT  JONATHAN  PRYCE in The Two=-Popes  VS BALE

Acttess?   A MATCH

S. Actor? ( one split)

ANTHONY HOPKINS OVER Parasite co -star

S. Actress? (1 split)

JENNIFER LOPEZ  Vs my prediox Scarlett Johannssn in JoJo Rabbit

AND BEST DIRECTOR?  (Again 1 split with Ew editors)

MY PREDICTYED CONENDER TODD SPHILLIPS for The Joker  VS  NOAH BAUMBACH, Marriage Story

THANK YOU

Chime in with your own pridictions of course 

Know a few have already written of this, but on a personal note  out of the top 6 races & score I matched the AMPAS for leading actor, actress, s. actor & best director

though I think it's great moviemaking a STUNNER with Joker earning the most with 11?

to me it now appears 1917 is the one to beat