Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Soap Opera Thread

48 minutes ago, kingrat said:

It is said that when Laurie Heinemann, the original Sharlene Frame on Another World, won the Best Actress award, to the surprise of many, the Emmys decided they needed the supporting categories.

Question about day time soaps...

Usually in primetime soaps, when a character leaves the show, the character is written out somehow.  Often they're written out in a way that allows them to come back--unless the character is killed off... which even then that's not definite as shown by the re-appearance of Bobby Ewing in Dallas and Jack McKay in Beverly Hills, 90210

Which brings me to my question...

I can see why characters may need to be re-cast after awhile.  These shows have often been on for decades and not everyone can be Susan Lucci.  When the character is re-cast, is the change in their appearance acknowledged? Or does the new actor just casually replace the old one, a la Darrin #2, Gladys Kravitz #2, and Louise Tate #2 ?

When the character is replaced, are they younger than their predecessor as a means to keep the character young? Is the younger appearance acknowledged by having the character undergo plastic surgery or discovering some fountain of youth serum or something? Or does the character age as the show progresses? Would a character in a 1950s episode of Days of Our Lives be 80-something years old in the 2010s Days of Our Lives ?

I'm genuinely curious how the actors are replaced and if that affects the continuity of the show.

Usually they're just switched without any acknowledgment from the characters. Occasionally I've heard of them using an "accident" requiring plastic surgery as the reason for the appearance/actor change.

I know on Days of Our LivesDrake Hogestyn was brought in as the new Roman Brady, with plastic surgery given as the reason after the character fell off a cliff and was presumed dead. However, the original actor (Wayne Northrop) came back, so they decided that Drake Hogestyn wasn't actually Roman after all, but another guy named John Black who was brainwashed to think he was Roman. Both characters are still on the show as far as I know, only Roman is now played by another actor, Josh Taylor, who, to make things even more confusing, used to be on the same show playing another character (Chris Kositchek) in the 1980's.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Usually they're just switched without any acknowledgment from the characters. Occasionally I've heard of them using an "accident" requiring plastic surgery as the reason for the appearance/actor change.

I know on Days of Our LivesDrake Hogestyn was brought in as the new Roman Brady, with plastic surgery given as the reason after the character fell off a cliff and was presumed dead. However, the original actor (Wayne Northrop) came back, so they decided that Drake Hogestyn wasn't actually Roman after all, but another guy named John Black who was brainwashed to think he was Roman. Both characters are still on the show as far as I know, only Roman is now played by another actor, Josh Taylor, who, to make things even more confusing, used to be on the same show playing another character (Chris Kositchek) in the 1980's.

Thanks. 

Oh man Josh Taylor plays Jack McKay on “Beverly Hills, 90210.” He spends season 2 and part of season 3 in jail for white collar crime, then he’s released in the middle of season 3. Then, he’s seemingly up to his old tricks and is in trouble with some type of mob or some other crime syndicate. A bomb is planted under his car. The bomb explodes when he gets in and that is the end of Jack McKay... until season 10 (I think) when he comes back. Turns out, he’s been in the witness protection program this whole time! 

• Like 2

General Hospital currently has a situation almost identical to the Days cast replacement Lawrence described. Steve Burton left the show to "spend more time with his family in Nashville" . . . and then resurfaced on The Young & the Restless as the son Nikki never knew she had when she was in a cult years ago. Don't laugh, these things can happen! So Billy Miller, who was on Y&R, jumped to GH to replace Steve Burton as Jason, only, see, because of amnesia he didn't know he was Jason until his memory started coming back. But then Steve Burton wanted to come back to GH, so the writers decided that the bad guys had implanted Jason's memories in poor not-Jason-after-all, who was really someone called Drew. There's yet another memory implant storyline currently going on. Another guy now has been implanted with Drew's memories.

Writers will do anything to bring back popular actors, no matter how crazy the method.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, kingrat said:

General Hospital currently has a situation almost identical to the Days cast replacement Lawrence described. Steve Burton left the show to "spend more time with his family in Nashville" . . . and then resurfaced on The Young & the Restless as the son Nikki never knew she had when she was in a cult years ago. Don't laugh, these things can happen! So Billy Miller, who was on Y&R, jumped to GH to replace Steve Burton as Jason, only, see, because of amnesia he didn't know he was Jason until his memory started coming back. But then Steve Burton wanted to come back to GH, so the writers decided that the bad guys had implanted Jason's memories in poor not-Jason-after-all, who was really someone called Drew. There's yet another memory implant storyline currently going on. Another guy now has been implanted with Drew's memories.

Writers will do anything to bring back popular actors, no matter how crazy the method.

“HE DOESNT HAVE A HEAD!!! I LOOKED IT UP!!! He was on his way to visit his brother who was an ex-con named Francis in a pink Cadillac convertible when an 18 wheeler  jackknifed and he was decapitated. Do you know what that means? HE HAS NO LIPS, NO VOCAL CHORDS: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESNT HAVE A HEAD?!?!?!?!”

• Like 1
11 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Yea they just switched out the original Victoria Winters character, Alexandra Moltke (she was pregnant), with another actress for a few weeks before her story line was stopped on the original Dark Shadows.

35 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Yea they just switched out the original Victoria Winters character, Alexandra Moltke (she was pregnant), with another actress for a few weeks before her story line was stopped on the original Dark Shadows.

One of the precious few clever and intelligent things about the god awful DARK SHADOWS Movie from a couple of years ago was their dealing with this. I think she starts out as Maggie Evans, but sees an ad on the train for Victoria, Canada and uses it as an alias. 

That and the Alice Cooper jokes were pretty much it as far as Things that worked in that movie went.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Question about day time soaps...

I can see why characters may need to be re-cast after awhile.  These shows have often been on for decades and not everyone can be Susan Lucci.  When the character is re-cast, is the change in their appearance acknowledged?

I'm genuinely curious how the actors are replaced and if that affects the continuity of the show.

SOMETIMES, it's referenced with jokes- I know one time on SANTA BARABARA, two actors were having a fight and one got knocked out and fell behind a couch and when he got  up- he had been recast.

more times, IT WAS THE VOICE OF GOD ANNOUNCING THE RECAST ON AIR- an example of which occurs in this video at around the 3:15 mark in the below video:

truth is, daytime soaps are/were a HARD GIG, and if you were a younger actor who maybe had a chance at HOLLYWOOD- you'd leave after two or three years of training so as not to be known as "too soap" for casting directors. it's grueling work, and combined with some personal problems on the parts of actors (drugs, emotional issues, diva behavior) it is not uncommon to see MAJOR CHARACTERS come and go.

ANOTHER WORLD (sorry, I know I go on and on about it) could sometimes be REALLY, REALLY BAD ABOUT RECASTING ONE PHYSICAL "TYPE" of actor with another of a DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT TYPE in the same role,

they recast ingenue AMANDA who was BLONDE and PETITE with a tall, somewhat frumpy brunette.

They recast PAULINA- who was tall and GORGEOUS and rather soignee and vulnerable with a heavy-set, salt-of-the-earth, very low-class type.

The worst was when they recast LORNA- the six foot tall Italian GODDESS with long black hair with a five foot redhead, it was VERY CONFUSING and cost the show a lot of fans

(the final years of ANOTHER WORLD saw a lot of deliberate sabotage by the creators of you ask me)

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

They recast PAULINA- who was tall and GORGEOUS and rather soignee and vulnerable with a heavy-set, salt-of-the-earth, very low-class type.

The worst was when they recast LORNA- the six foot tall Italian GODDESS with long black hair with a five foot redhead, it was VERY CONFUSING and cost the show a lot of fans

Is Judi Evans the "very low-class type"? I know her from Days, which she was on before and after she was on Another World.

Was the original Lorna Alicia Coppola? I liked her, and she still shows up in guest spots on a lot of shows.

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Is Judi Evans the "very low-class type"? I know her from Days, which she was on before and after she was on Another World.

Was the original Lorna Alicia Coppola? I liked her, and she still shows up in guest spots on a lot of shows.

YES AND YES!!!!!!!!!

I'm like, a solid five on THE KINSEY SCALE of SEXUALITY (AKA "A LIBERACE")  and ALICIA COPPOLA was walking across the room in LYCRA in an AW EPISODE FROM 1991 i was watching and EVEN *I* FELT  A STIRRING!

She was (and is) a seriously GORGEOUS woman:

alicia-coppola-05.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

“HE DOESNT HAVE A HEAD!!! I LOOKED IT UP!!! He was on his way to visit his brother who was an ex-con named Francis in a pink Cadillac convertible when an 18 wheeler  jackknifed and he was decapitated. Do you know what that means? HE HAS NO LIPS, NO VOCAL CHORDS: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESNT HAVE A HEAD?!?!?!?!”

Sounds like the Brain That Wouldn't Die scenario.....

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Thanks. 

Oh man Josh Taylor plays Jack McKay on “Beverly Hills, 90210.” He spends season 2 and part of season 3 in jail for white collar crime, then he’s released in the middle of season 3. Then, he’s seemingly up to his old tricks and is in trouble with some type of mob or some other crime syndicate. A bomb is planted under his car. The bomb explodes when he gets in and that is the end of Jack McKay... until season 10 (I think) when he comes back. Turns out, he’s been in the witness protection program this whole time! 

Yeah, no one stays dead in soaps. If they have a reason to bring them back, they will, however implausible the scenario.............

• Like 1
15 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Age is relative on soaps. Children age quite quickly and often disappear for awhile and return 10 years older! (as another actor, of course).

It even has its own acronym! SORAS. (Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndome!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Was that at the end of the show or earlier? I remember in the last few wks of the series they had a voiceover saying Betsy Durkin would be playing Vicky Winters. I don't know how I even remember the actress's name, but I do. She wasn't very good either!

35 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Oh no Victoria Winters was written off the show just before Quentin Collins showed up

That's weird. They must've brought her (Vicky) back at the end of the show then (briefly). I found it SO annoying they had to announce at the beginning EVERY day who would be playing Victoria Winters (probably why I remember the actress's name). First day ok. It's not like her name wasn't on the end credits. And who cared at that point anyway???

I don't remember when Vicky left the show. She was so boring anyway. I usually FF through her scenes now when I watch it on Decades......When do they finally come back from the past with the Barnabas storyline??? It's really boring and they are running out of characters to kill off. How does Vicky come back? I don't remember.

Millicent Collins and Nathan Forbes are also total bores! I FF through their scenes too. I can get through an episode in 10 mins lately....

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, no one stays dead in soaps. If they have a reason to bring them back, they will, however implausible the scenario.............

unless the actor or actress literally dies in real life and they were so beloved or old no substitutes/recasts would be accepted.

16 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

unless the actor or actress literally dies in real life and they were so beloved or old no substitutes/recasts would be accepted.

Yeah, Mr. & Mrs. Horton (Macdonald Carey & Frances Reid) on Days are good examples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, Mr. & Mrs. Horton (Macdonald Carey & Frances Reid) on Days are good examples.

DOUGLASS WATSON on ANOTHER WORLD too.

I never watched GUIDING LIGHT, but I recALL hearing about a major controversy when actor MICHAEL ZASLOW was terminally ill and they fired him...

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yes, I was going to add that as an edit. Like Jeanne Cooper on Young and Restless and a few others. Still, you can never be sure!

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

That's weird. They must've brought her (Vicky) back at the end of the show then (briefly). I found it SO annoying they had to announce at the beginning EVERY day who would be playing Victoria Winters (probably why I remember the actress's name). First day ok. It's not like her name wasn't on the end credits. And who cared at that point anyway???

I don't remember when Vicky left the show. She was so boring anyway. I usually FF through her scenes now when I watch it on Decades......When do they finally come back from the past with the Barnabas storyline??? It's really boring and they are running out of characters to kill off. How does Vicky come back? I don't remember.

Millicent Collins and Nathan Forbes are also total bores! I FF through their scenes too. I can get through an episode in 10 mins lately....

I think you are getting Alexandra Moltke mixed up with Kate Jackson possibly they kind of look alike. Moltke's last episode is listed as 627. The character of Victoria Winter lasted a little bit longer but not much

Anyway Wiki has the breakdown and a lot of info her are the chronological storylines:

Storyline

1966/7
Victoria Winters' Parentage, episode 1 to 92.

Victoria Winters and her role as governess is inspired by title character in Charlotte Brontë's gothic novel Jane Eyre.[18]
Burke Devlin's Revenge For His Manslaughter Conviction, episode 1 to 201.

Burke Devlin and his motivation for returning is reminiscent of Alexandre Dumas' novel The Count of Monte Cristo.[19]
Roger Collins' Mysterious Car Crash, episode 13 to 32.

The Murder of Bill Malloy, episode 46 to 126.

Laura Collins the Phoenix, episode 123 to 192.

Jason McGuire Blackmails Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, episode 193 to 275.

The Arrival of the Vampire Barnabas Collins, episode 211 to 220.

The Kidnapping of Maggie Evans, episode 221 to 261.

Julia Hoffman's Attempt to Cure Barnabas, episode 265 to 351.

Barnabas Terrorizing Julia Hoffman, episode 352 to 365.

Angelique Bouchard's Vampire Curse on Barnabas, episode 366 to 426.

Victoria Winters's Witchcraft Trial, episode 400 to 461.

The witchcraft trial involving Victoria Winters is inspired by Arthur Miller's play The Crucible. Reverend Trask's fate is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Cask of Amontillado."[18]
Nathan Forbes' Manipulation of Millicent Collins, episode 419 to 460.

Nathan's manipulation of Millicent is reminiscent of the 1938 play and the 1944 film Gaslight.

1968/9
The Mystery of Jeff Clark, episode 461 to 665.

The Creation of Adam, episode 466 to 636.

The character of Adam is inspired by Mary Shelley's horror novel Frankenstein.[18]
The Dream Curse, episode 477 to 548.

Elizabeth's Fear of Being Buried Alive, episode 513 to 672.

This storyline is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Premature Burial."[18]
Nicholas Blair's Scheme to Create A Master Race, episode 549 to 633/634.

Chris Jennings' Werewolf Curse, episode 627 to 700.

The Ghosts of Quentin Collins and Beth Chavez Haunt Collinwood, episode 639 to 700.

The character of Quentin Collins and his role is inspired by Peter Quint in Henry James's gothic novel The Turn of the Screw.[18]
Barnabas’ Mission to Save David Collins, episode 700 to 839.

The heartbeat that tortures Quentin is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Tell-Tale Heart."[18]
Jenny Collins, the Mad Woman in the Attic, episode 707 to 748.

Jenny Collins is inspired by the character of Bertha from Charlotte Brontë's gothic novel Jane Eyre.[18]
Laura Collins the Phoenix, episode 728 to 761.

Worthington Hall and Gregory Trask's running of it is inspired by Charles Dickens's novel Nicholas Nickleby.[18]
Magda Rakosi's Werewolf Curse on Quentin, episode 749 to 834.

The portrait of Quentin Collins is inspired by Oscar Wilde's gothic novel The Picture of Dorian Gray.[18]
Gregory Trask's Manipulation of Judith Collins, episode 762 to 884.

Gregory Trask's fate is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Cask of Amontillado".[18]
Mrs. Trask's murder is inspired by "The Manchurian Candidate".
The Hand of Count Petofi, episode 778 to 814.

The hand of Count Petofi is inspired by William Fryer Harvey's short story "The Beast with Five Fingers". Quentin's torture is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe’s short story "The Pit and the Pendulum."[18]
The Creation of Amanda Harris, episode 812 to 850.

The theme of an artist's falling in love with his own creation who is brought to life by supernatural forces is reminiscent of the classic Greek myth of Pygmalion.
Barnabas's Infatuation with Kitty Soames, episode 844 to 885.

Count Petofi Body Swaps with Quentin, episode 849 to 883.

The character of Count Petofi is based on the real-world Count of St. Germain, a Georgian-era courtier and man of science who claimed to be, and possibly was, the son of Francis II Rákóczi. In the 19th Century, Theosophist legends claimed that he attained the secret of immortality.[18][20]

1969/70
Barnabas Falls Under the Control of the Leviathans, episode 886 to 950.

This storyline is inspired by H. P. Lovecraft’s shared universe known as "The Cthulhu Mythos," and particularly by the short story "The Dunwich Horror".[18]
The Mystery of Grant Douglas and Olivia Corey, episode 888 to 934.

This storyline is inspired by the Greek mythological tale of Orpheus and Eurydice.[18]
Chris Jennings' Werewolf Curse, episode 889 to 978.

The Leviathan Child, episode 891 to 929.

Jeb Hawkes the Leviathan Leader, episode 935 to 980.

The Ghosts of Gerard Stiles and Daphne Harridge Haunt Collinwood, episode 1071 to 1109.

This storyline is inspired by Henry James's gothic novel The Turn of the Screw.[18]
1970 Parallel Time
The Death of Angelique Collins, episode 969 to 1060.

This storyline is inspired by Daphne du Maurier's gothic novel Rebecca.[18]
Cyrus Longworth's Experiment, episode 978 to 1035.

This storyline is inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's "chilling shocker" short novel Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.[18]
The Destruction of Collinwood, episode 1061 to 1070.

Barnabas' Infatuation with Roxanne Drew, episode 1081 to 1150.

The Head of Judah Zachery, episode 1117 to 1138.

Judah Zachery's Possession of Gerard Stiles, episode 1139 to 1197.

Quentin Collins' Witchcraft Trial, episode 1162 to 1197.

1841 Parallel Time
Bramwell Collins' and Catherine Harridge's Love Affair, episode 1186 to 1245.

This storyline is inspired by Emily Brontë's gothic novel Wuthering Heights.[18]
The Cursed Room Lottery, episode 1194 to 1245.

This storyline is inspired by Shirley Jackson's short story "The Lottery."[18]

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

DOUGLASS WATSON on ANOTHER WORLD too.

I never watched GUIDING LIGHT, but I recALL hearing about a major controversy when actor MICHAEL ZASLOW was terminally ill and they fired him...

He wasnt that old, was he? Didn't he play Roger?

8 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I think you are getting Alexandra Moltke mixed up with Kate Jackson possibly they kind of look alike. Moltke's last episode is listed as 627. The character of Victoria Winter lasted a little bit longer but not much

Anyway Wiki has the breakdown and a lot of info her are the chronological storylines:

Storyline

1966/7
Victoria Winters' Parentage, episode 1 to 92.

Victoria Winters and her role as governess is inspired by title character in Charlotte Brontë's gothic novel Jane Eyre.[18]
Burke Devlin's Revenge For His Manslaughter Conviction, episode 1 to 201.

Burke Devlin and his motivation for returning is reminiscent of Alexandre Dumas' novel The Count of Monte Cristo.[19]
Roger Collins' Mysterious Car Crash, episode 13 to 32.

The Murder of Bill Malloy, episode 46 to 126.

Laura Collins the Phoenix, episode 123 to 192.

Jason McGuire Blackmails Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, episode 193 to 275.

The Arrival of the Vampire Barnabas Collins, episode 211 to 220.

The Kidnapping of Maggie Evans, episode 221 to 261.

Julia Hoffman's Attempt to Cure Barnabas, episode 265 to 351.

Barnabas Terrorizing Julia Hoffman, episode 352 to 365.

Angelique Bouchard's Vampire Curse on Barnabas, episode 366 to 426.

Victoria Winters's Witchcraft Trial, episode 400 to 461.

The witchcraft trial involving Victoria Winters is inspired by Arthur Miller's play The Crucible. Reverend Trask's fate is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Cask of Amontillado."[18]
Nathan Forbes' Manipulation of Millicent Collins, episode 419 to 460.

Nathan's manipulation of Millicent is reminiscent of the 1938 play and the 1944 film Gaslight.

1968/9
The Mystery of Jeff Clark, episode 461 to 665.

The Creation of Adam, episode 466 to 636.

The character of Adam is inspired by Mary Shelley's horror novel Frankenstein.[18]
The Dream Curse, episode 477 to 548.

Elizabeth's Fear of Being Buried Alive, episode 513 to 672.

This storyline is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Premature Burial."[18]
Nicholas Blair's Scheme to Create A Master Race, episode 549 to 633/634.

Chris Jennings' Werewolf Curse, episode 627 to 700.

The Ghosts of Quentin Collins and Beth Chavez Haunt Collinwood, episode 639 to 700.

The character of Quentin Collins and his role is inspired by Peter Quint in Henry James's gothic novel The Turn of the Screw.[18]
Barnabas’ Mission to Save David Collins, episode 700 to 839.

The heartbeat that tortures Quentin is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Tell-Tale Heart."[18]
Jenny Collins, the Mad Woman in the Attic, episode 707 to 748.

Jenny Collins is inspired by the character of Bertha from Charlotte Brontë's gothic novel Jane Eyre.[18]
Laura Collins the Phoenix, episode 728 to 761.

Worthington Hall and Gregory Trask's running of it is inspired by Charles Dickens's novel Nicholas Nickleby.[18]
Magda Rakosi's Werewolf Curse on Quentin, episode 749 to 834.

The portrait of Quentin Collins is inspired by Oscar Wilde's gothic novel The Picture of Dorian Gray.[18]
Gregory Trask's Manipulation of Judith Collins, episode 762 to 884.

Gregory Trask's fate is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story "The Cask of Amontillado".[18]
Mrs. Trask's murder is inspired by "The Manchurian Candidate".
The Hand of Count Petofi, episode 778 to 814.

The hand of Count Petofi is inspired by William Fryer Harvey's short story "The Beast with Five Fingers". Quentin's torture is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe’s short story "The Pit and the Pendulum."[18]
The Creation of Amanda Harris, episode 812 to 850.

The theme of an artist's falling in love with his own creation who is brought to life by supernatural forces is reminiscent of the classic Greek myth of Pygmalion.
Barnabas's Infatuation with Kitty Soames, episode 844 to 885.

Count Petofi Body Swaps with Quentin, episode 849 to 883.

The character of Count Petofi is based on the real-world Count of St. Germain, a Georgian-era courtier and man of science who claimed to be, and possibly was, the son of Francis II Rákóczi. In the 19th Century, Theosophist legends claimed that he attained the secret of immortality.[18][20]

1969/70
Barnabas Falls Under the Control of the Leviathans, episode 886 to 950.

This storyline is inspired by H. P. Lovecraft’s shared universe known as "The Cthulhu Mythos," and particularly by the short story "The Dunwich Horror".[18]
The Mystery of Grant Douglas and Olivia Corey, episode 888 to 934.

This storyline is inspired by the Greek mythological tale of Orpheus and Eurydice.[18]
Chris Jennings' Werewolf Curse, episode 889 to 978.

The Leviathan Child, episode 891 to 929.

Jeb Hawkes the Leviathan Leader, episode 935 to 980.

The Ghosts of Gerard Stiles and Daphne Harridge Haunt Collinwood, episode 1071 to 1109.

This storyline is inspired by Henry James's gothic novel The Turn of the Screw.[18]
1970 Parallel Time
The Death of Angelique Collins, episode 969 to 1060.

This storyline is inspired by Daphne du Maurier's gothic novel Rebecca.[18]
Cyrus Longworth's Experiment, episode 978 to 1035.

This storyline is inspired by Robert Louis Stevenson's "chilling shocker" short novel Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.[18]
The Destruction of Collinwood, episode 1061 to 1070.

Barnabas' Infatuation with Roxanne Drew, episode 1081 to 1150.

The Head of Judah Zachery, episode 1117 to 1138.

Judah Zachery's Possession of Gerard Stiles, episode 1139 to 1197.

Quentin Collins' Witchcraft Trial, episode 1162 to 1197.

1841 Parallel Time
Bramwell Collins' and Catherine Harridge's Love Affair, episode 1186 to 1245.

This storyline is inspired by Emily Brontë's gothic novel Wuthering Heights.[18]
The Cursed Room Lottery, episode 1194 to 1245.

This storyline is inspired by Shirley Jackson's short story "The Lottery."[18]

WOW. What a chronology. No, I know they were 2 separate characters. Maybe my memory is failing me. Didnt Victoria Winters and Jeff (her jailer) get together at the end in parallel time? That was the Kate Jackson character???

Are we SOON near the end of the 1790s on DECADES??? They are obviously treading water trying to fill up time. They should've wrapped up soon after Josette's death. All this after stuff is mostly filler. Who cares about MILLICENT?? Vicky is about to be burned at the stake, but escapes from jail (AGAIN!) Does it end soon??? (meaning they go back to the present) I HOPE SO.