Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingrat

The Soap Opera Thread

5 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Victoria Winters and Jeff (her jailer) get together at the end in parallel time?

I think they go off together and head out West when they return back to 1795, but that is after Victoria finds Jeff in present with no memory working as the Igor type character for the Dr. Frankenstein character (can't remember his name) who creates Adam.

18 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Are we SOON near the end of the 1790s on DECADES??? They are obviously treading water trying to fill up time. They should've wrapped up soon after Josette's death. All this after stuff is mostly filler. Who cares about MILLICENT?? Vicky is about to be burned at the stake, but escapes from jail (AGAIN!) Does it end soon??? (meaning they go back to the present) I HOPE SO.

Yea Vicky goes back to the present sans Jeff but he's not Jeff Clark in 1797 he's called Peter Bradforf then the Adam storyline gets going. Vicky is convinced that Jeff Clark is Peter Bradford

23 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Yes, I was going to add that as an edit. Like Jeanne Cooper on Young and Restless and a few others. Still, you can never be sure!

I have never watched Y&R And yet I liked Jeanne Cooper. She seemed like a salty, tough old bird.

DOUGLASS WATSON Played Mac Cory. I think he was only in his 60s when he had a heart attack, the story was he was vacationing in Maine and that’s literally how they had Mac Cory die on the show, he died of a heart attack while vacationing in Maine. I’m not sure if there was more to the story or not, but it’s interesting that I was recently reading a really old issue of soap opera digest that someone posted on the soap opera net message boards – yes I got that deep down the rabbit hole – where they visited the AW SET in 1988 And there was a special editors note that a week after they visited the set,  Douglas Watson died of a heart attack, but they wrote up an average day in the life of the filming of the show, which was utterly fascinating.

They also mentioned that he was off camera smoking a cigarette while costars were running their lines.

14 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I have never watched Y&R And yet I liked Jeanne Cooper. She seemed like a salty, tough old bird.

Yeah, she was.

16 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Yea Vicky goes back to the present sans Jeff but he's not Jeff Clark in 1797 he's called Peter Bradforf then the Adam storyline gets going. Vicky is convinced that Jeff Clark is Peter Bradford

OK. Yeah, I got the names switched. UGH. I'm not looking forward to the Adam storyline. Was hoping that was farther down the line. More FFing! :(

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

I think they go off together and head out West when they return back to 1795, but that is after Victoria finds Jeff in present with no memory working as the Igor type character for the Dr. Frankenstein character (can't remember his name) who creates Adam.

God, this show got desperate near the end! LOL.

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

God, this show got desperate near the end! LOL.

You are not even close to the end. Lol.

After Adam you got Quentin as Ghost, then you go back in time to Quentin in 1897, then The Hand of Count Petofi, and the full Count Pretofi, then parallel time 1970 then the Leviathan storyline then back in time to 1840 with another ghost and the head of Zachariah Judah I think he's called, then the final admission of Barnabas that he in fact loves Angelique after all which immediately causes her to die in his arms (Her spell on Barnabas caused anyone that Barnabas loved to die, remember, oops!). Then we get the death throws of the series with the Lottery Curse.

34 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

When does Barnabas get cured of his vampirism? Was that after Adam? And for awhile he was sucking on Julia, around the time she cut her hair. Is that after Adam too?

Just now, cigarjoe said:

You are not even close to the end. Lol.

After Adam you got Quentin as Ghost, then you go back in time to Quentin in 1897, then The Hand of Count Petofi, and the full Count Pretofi, then parallel time 1970 then the Leviathan storyline then back in time to 1840 with another ghost and the head of Zachariah Judah I think he's called, then the final admission of Barnabas that he in fact loves Angelique after all which immediately causes her to die in his arms (Her spell on Barnabas caused anyone that Barnabas loved to die, remember, oops!). Then we get the death throws of the series with the Lottery Curse.

Oh, I know. There's lots more.  I loved the Quentin storyline, I'm looking forward to that!

When did Joe and Maggie leave the show? Were they in the Quentin storyline?

Just now, Hibi said:

When does Barnabas get cured of his vampirism? Was that after Adam? And for awhile he was sucking on Julia, around the time she cut her hair. Is that after that after Adam too?

Julia' serum works for a while until Barnabas demands that she speed it up which causes Barnabas to look his real age. He bites her and goes back to normal. Then when they use Barnabas in the "Life Force" part of the Frankenstein Adam experiment he's not a Vampire as long as Adam stays alive. lol.

Oh, that's right! There's so much I've forgotten.I seem to remember Julia being under his spell though when she had the short hair (which she doesn't have yet). She'd wear scarves to cover the bite marks...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Oh, I know. There's lots more.  I loved the Quentin storyline, I'm looking forward to that!

When did Joe and Maggie leave the show? Were they in the Quentin storyline?

After Vicky leaves Maggie becomes the new governess. Maggie (Katherine Leigh Scott) plays different characters in later episodes, Something happens to Joe but I can't remember what.

OK. I could care less about Joe. Glad Maggie will be around for awhile......

Does Vicky marry Burke and they leave? I can't remember why she leaves.

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Does Vicky marry Burke and they leave? I can't remember why she leaves.

No they were going to be married but his plane goes down in the Amazon.

Then Vicky is at the seance they do to find out something (forgot what for sure but its probably to contact Sara, Barnabas's baby sister remember her singing London Bridge?) the candle goes out Vicky screams and when they get the lights on it's not Vicky it's another gal dead BTW, who Barnabas recognizes as Sara's governess from 1797. Vicky ends up back in 1797 in her place that starts the 1797 storyline.

No, I meant when Vicky left the show for good. I know his plane went down, but it left open the fact he might be found. Was wondering if he turned up later in the show and they left to get married. I guess not. So Vicky just left the show for no reason stated. She just left town?

2 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

After Vicky leaves Maggie becomes the new governess. Maggie (Katherine Leigh Scott) plays different characters in later episodes, Something happens to Joe but I can't remember what.

What happened was that Joel Crothers (Joe Haskell, Nathan Forbes) got cast on The Secret Storm. I don't think he is ever referred to again on DS. They went back to the past and never created a character for him, and then he isn't around when they returned to the present. IIRC, Vicky and Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark leave together to find true happiness. If Alexandra Moltke had stayed or if they had found an adequate replacement, they would probably have continued a Vicky storyline. As it was, they simply used Kathryn Leigh Scott and Kate Jackson for similar roles.

The Count Petofi story was one I loved. Thayer David was such a fun villain.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

“HE DOESNT HAVE A HEAD!!! I LOOKED IT UP!!! He was on his way to visit his brother who was an ex-con named Francis in a pink Cadillac convertible when an 18 wheeler  jackknifed and he was decapitated. Do you know what that means? HE HAS NO LIPS, NO VOCAL CHORDS: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESNT HAVE A HEAD?!?!?!?!”

And some people might think Soapdish wasn't realistic. We know better. Characters who died on screen have been brought back (Brandon Spaulding on Guiding Light, for one).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

So Vicky just left the show for no reason stated. She just left town?

We already told you..... lol it's complicated....  She left with Peter Bradford when she returned to 1797 that was the last we saw of her character. 

14 hours ago, kingrat said:

What happened was that Joel Crothers (Joe Haskell, Nathan Forbes) got cast on The Secret Storm. I don't think he is ever referred to again on DS. They went back to the past and never created a character for him, and then he isn't around when they returned to the present. IIRC, Vicky and Peter Bradford/Jeff Clark leave together to find true happiness. If Alexandra Moltke had stayed or if they had found an adequate replacement, they would probably have continued a Vicky storyline. As it was, they simply used Kathryn Leigh Scott and Kate Jackson for similar roles.

The Count Petofi story was one I loved. Thayer David was such a fun villain.

But he was in the past in the first past arc (Barnabas) as Nathan Forbes. I guess he must've left when they returned to the future. I know he appeared in several soaps after that. Never thought he was much of an actor. Is Count Petrofi in the Quentin part?

14 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

We already told you..... lol it's complicated....  She left with Peter Bradford when she returned to 1797 that was the last we saw of her character. 

But wasn't that at the end of the show? You said Moltke left years before that. I guess I'll have to stick it out to see. I hope Decades doesnt pull it before then. LOL. Long way off.

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

But wasn't that at the end of the show? You said Moltke left years before that. I guess I'll have to stick it out to see. I hope Decades doesnt pull it before then. LOL. Long way off.

OK I don't know what Decades is showing for episodes but Alexandra Moltke who played Victoria Winters was on the show from episode 1 to 627 then another actress took over for a few weeks, then the character Victoria left the show with Peter Bradford never to return. The total episodes of the show went to 1245 so Victoria Winters left at roughly half way point. 

The first 200 episodes played more like a film noir with gothic undertones. They didn't start delving into the supernatural until the Laura Collins/Phoenix storyline, that was at episode 123. Barnabas shows up at episode 211.  The show went all color on episode 295.

Maybe I'm mixing up the narrative then. I thought the Vicky substitute/Bradford exit occurred at the end of the show. Guess I'll have to be patient and watch till I find out. Decades is showing episodes from when Barnabas first appears, like other syndications did, ignoring the first 6 or so months (which I've never seen since the initial airing).

25 minutes ago, Hibi said:

ignoring the first 6 or so months (which I've never seen since the initial airing).

Funny thing is there was a lot of on location footage used comparatively to the show after Barnabas.

Man, With all the drugs people were doing in the 60s and 70s, how in the hell did the writers of DARK SHADOWS expect people to keep up?