Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Seamstress

Movie identification request?

Hello! I really hope this hasn't been asked before, but given the extensive catalogue of TCM movies I imagine not. I once saw a film on TCM several years ago about a department store that was at risk of being shut down (or sold) filmed in either the late 30s or during the 40's. There are two protagonists that I can recall but there could be more, both are shop clerks, one is an older lady and the other is much younger and I believe a brunette. Not to spoil the ending, but the older lady eventually wins the affections of the store owner who was originally going to do away with the business but has a change of heart. I think there's another romance involving the younger clerk but my memories of the film are vague. I'm pretty sure they go to the beach and eat ice cream at some point, too. I doubt that helps much lol. 

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes! This is the film, thank you. I was definitely off on the description, no wonder I couldn't find it lol. It's available to watch on Dailymotion, too, I'm so happy I get to watch it again. :)

I will take the risk and say you will enjoy it a lot.   It's a great forgotten comedy.  Jean Arthur is fabulous.