Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, jakeem said:

IfFG_HMs_bigger.jpg

Pentagon sources pretty openly admitting they exploited Trump's obsession with "the oil" to get him to agree to leave forces in Syria, which the military wants to do for other reasons #civmil
8:54 AM · Oct 26, 2019·Twitter Web App

 

47 minutes ago, jakeem said:

a7xDEKDj_bigger.jpg

Let me get this straight. We won’t use US troops to defend our allies who were critical to defeating ISIS, but we will use US troops to defend oil against an ISIS that has reappeared because we no longer defend our allies.
 
1:38 PM · Oct 25, 2019·Twitter for iPad

And this is what you get when a handful of backward, poorly educated voters, who are in awe of a big shot rich white man--

even though it was obvious he was not qualified for the job.

This was their opinion of who should be in charge-- as a backlash to the well-educated/ qualified previous mixed-race occupant of the White House.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Thank you Obama for throwing us within this mess! :angry:

 

Are you saying that Obama should not have gone after ISIS in Syria?  Limited forces in support of the Kurdish fighters who lost more than 10,000.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US already had soldiers all around the world before Obama was even born. Blaming him for it is a bit absurd, even if he didn't really help things much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hamradio said:

 

The Kurds has been at odds with everyone around them for decades if not a couple of centuries wanting that separate Kurdistan state. NO ONE in the region wants it, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Iran (whom is Persian).  Arabs don't want it.  Will not accept the fact infighting among those where they live only makes things worst.  The U.S. cannot solve this issue.

Thank you Obama for throwing us within this mess! :angry:

The Kurds has succeeded in one thing, making every other ethnic, religious, non religious, culture, political group p_ssed off at them. How idiotic to fight Assad at the same time launching across the border attacks with Turkey! The best analogy for that region is...Got a beef with the Kurds, take a number and stand in line. 

Making comparisons with Hitler is stupid. Jews were simply hated for being Jews whom were not causing any problems within Germany or other European states.

If a Democrat was in the Oval Office, you wouldn't give a rats behind about the Kurds, give me a break!

As I said before, the solution is for the Kurds to assimilate within their host states.

Okay but what you're ignoring is that ALL of the Kurds are being targeted, not just those that want a separate state or are critical of Erdogan. Civilians are being attacked. Hitler's logic for getting rid of the Jews was that they were Bolshevik sympathizers so ALL of them had to be destroyed. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Okay but what you're ignoring is that ALL of the Kurds are being targeted, not just those that want a separate state or are critical of Erdogan. Civilians are being attacked. Hitler's logic for getting rid of the Jews was that they were Bolshevik sympathizers so ALL of them had to be destroyed. 

Ham tends to only play attention to facts that are convenient for him.

  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
"What was working in Syria was that for very little investment, the Kurds were doing all the fighting, the vast majority of the dying, and we were providing intelligence and fire support assistance. And we were winning."
 

John Kelly: Pulling out of Syria was a catastrophic idea

Kelly, referring to the withdrawal as a “catastrophically bad idea,” echoed other criticism that the move lessened U.S. influence in the region. 

“It didn’t happen while I was there — and a couple of other people recently left the administration and then he went with his instinct,” Kelly said.

“But it was, on a number of levels, the wrong thing to do and it has opened the way for the Russians to be very, very influential in the Middle East.”.........

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/467591-john-kelly-pulling-out-of-syria-was-a-catastrophic-idea
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pentagon sources pretty openly admitting they exploited Trump's obsession with "the oil"
 
to get him to agree to leave forces in Syria, which the military wants to do for other reasons
 
:rolleyes:
 
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Are you saying that Obama should not have gone after ISIS in Syria?  Limited forces in support of the Kurdish fighters who lost more than 10,000.

That what bombers are for.  This is how Clinton along with NATO handled the Yugoslavian (Serbia) civil war.  Thank you Bill :)for keeping our troops out of that! (I'm complementing)

lon_kosovosr99_190322.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

 

And ironically like Trump, Clinton got criticized bad!

000_SAWH990325544730.jpg

 

Like I said, SOMEBODY will be mad regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

That what bombers are for.  This is how Clinton along with NATO handled the Yugoslavian (Serbia) civil war.  Thank you Bill :)for keeping our troops out of that! (I'm complementing)

And ironically like Trump, Clinton got criticized bad!

Like I said, SOMEBODY will be mad regardless.

I think that's exactly what the small number of special forces were doing.  Spotting for the air force and supporting the Kurds.  A small number of boots on the ground to pinpoint ISIS targets and minimize civilian casualties.  Brilliant tactical work by Obama's people which Trump continued.

Trump just wanted to flatten the entire country with bombs.  

You know, I think you post without thinking too much about what you are saying.  Anything to try to prove your point when in reality things are much more complex than your black and white world.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I think that's exactly what the small number of special forces were doing.  Spotting for the air force and supporting the Kurds.  A small number of boots on the ground to pinpoint ISIS targets and minimize civilian casualties.  Brilliant tactical work by Obama's people which Trump continued.

Trump just wanted to flatten the entire country with bombs.  

You know, I think you post without thinking too much about what you are saying.  Anything to try to prove your point when in reality things are much more complex than your black and white world.

 

Then it shouldn't had been a world shaking event removing those "small number of boots" on the ground.  THAT WAS THEIR MAIN OBJECTIVE TARGETING ISIS - NOTHING MORE!

Bill Clinton was far more brilliant by targeting the enemy without getting our soldiers involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hamradio said:

 

Then it shouldn't had been a world shaking event removing those "small number of boots" on the ground.  THAT WAS THEIR MAIN OBJECTIVE TARGETING ISIS - NOTHING MORE!

Bill Clinton was far more brilliant by targeting the enemy without getting our soldiers involved.

Are you going to do an about face today in light of Trump's triumph against ISIS because he had special forces on the ground?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://newrepublic.com/article/155471/weapons-america-leaving-behind-syria

The Weapons America Is Leaving Behind in Syria

Trump’s hasty troop withdrawal could trigger a second "industrial revolution" in terrorism.

Less than a week after President Donald Trump formally ordered the U.S. military to withdraw the majority of its forces from Syria, the Pentagon carried out an unusual mission in the northeastern part of the country. A pair of F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets delivered a precision airstrike, not to protect a joint U.S.-Turkish patrol on the border or bomb an ISIS haven back to the Stone Age, but to destroy a major U.S. ammo cache housed in a former cement factory that had been converted into a U.S. special operations base and Kurdish training camp. The stated reason: to “reduce the facility’s military usefulness.”

This unusual mission underscores the logistical nightmares wrought by a hasty U.S. military withdrawal from the country. Military sources have told reporters that the sortie, which cost roughly $23,000 per hour per aircraft, was ordered “because the cargo trucks required to safely remove the ammo are needed elsewhere to support the withdrawal.” Army Colonel Myles Caggins, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Syria and Iraq, tried to play the incident off as routine, saying that “blowing the ammo was part of the plan,” but Brett McGurk, a former U.S. envoy to the multinational alliance, tweeted that the mission constituted an “emergency ‘break glass’ evacuation procedure reserved for an extreme worst-case scenario.”

 

McGurk isn’t wrong. “Trying to destroy munitions from the sky like this does not work as well as air planners think,” John Ismay, a New York Times reporter and former Navy explosive ordnance disposal officer, tweeted. “Some of the weapons you hit will detonate sympathetically, sure. For the rest, you’ve blown open secure storage and made it available to anyone with a pickup truck.”

It’s that latter prospect that should be concerning. In 2017, Trump shuttered a CIA program to arm and equip Syrian rebels, and the weapons and ammo left behind may have helped spur what one researcher on the ground has called an “industrial revolution in terrorism”—and in the midst of Trump’s hasty about-face in northern Syria, even more powerful U.S. munitions stand poised to fall into enemy hands.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
One striking thing: Kurdish SDF said this was a joint operation.
 
But Trump first thanked Russia, Syria, Turkey and Iraq,
then mentioned "certain support [the Kurds] were able to give us."
:(
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump seems more concerned with getting the oil than protecting the Kurds who helped defeat the extremists.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-baghdadi-oil/trump-suggestion-of-taking-syrian-oil-draws-rebukes-idUSKBN1X60RM

Trump suggestion of taking Syrian oil draws rebukes

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s suggestion on Sunday that Exxon Mobil or another U.S. oil company operate Syrian oil fields drew rebukes from legal and energy experts.

 

“What I intend to do, perhaps, is make a deal with an ExxonMobil or one of our great companies to go in there and do it properly ... and spread out the wealth,” Trump said during a news conference about the U.S. special forces operation that led to the death of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Exxon Mobil Corp and Chevron Corp, the two largest U.S. oil companies operating in the Middle East, declined to comment on his remarks.

“International law seeks to protect against exactly this sort of exploitation,” said Laurie Blank, an Emory Law School professor and director of its Center for International and Comparative Law.

“It is not only a dubious legal move, it sends a message to the whole region and the world that America wants to steal the oil,” said Bruce Riedel, a former national security advisor and now senior fellow at the Brookings Institution think-tank.

“The idea that the United States would ‘keep the oil’ in the hands of ExxonMobil or some other U.S. company is immoral and possibly illegal,” said Jeff Colgan, an associate professor of political science and international studies at Brown University. Colgan also said U.S. companies would face “a host of practical challenges” to operate in Syria.

Even getting Exxon or another major oil company to develop Syrian oil would be a “hard sell” given its relatively limited infrastructure and small output, said Ellen R. Wald, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council’s Global Energy Center.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's impulsive decision to withdraw from Syria and cede territory to Turkey and Russia gets even more scrutiny in light of his own revelation that the plans to hit Al Big-Daddy were concurrent and imminent.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 2:41 PM, Gershwin fan said:

https://newrepublic.com/article/155471/weapons-america-leaving-behind-syria

The Weapons America Is Leaving Behind in Syria

Trump’s hasty troop withdrawal could trigger a second "industrial revolution" in terrorism.

Less than a week after President Donald Trump formally ordered the U.S. military to withdraw the majority of its forces from Syria, the Pentagon carried out an unusual mission in the northeastern part of the country. A pair of F-15E Strike Eagle fighter jets delivered a precision airstrike, not to protect a joint U.S.-Turkish patrol on the border or bomb an ISIS haven back to the Stone Age, but to destroy a major U.S. ammo cache housed in a former cement factory that had been converted into a U.S. special operations base and Kurdish training camp. The stated reason: to “reduce the facility’s military usefulness.”

This unusual mission underscores the logistical nightmares wrought by a hasty U.S. military withdrawal from the country. Military sources have told reporters that the sortie, which cost roughly $23,000 per hour per aircraft, was ordered “because the cargo trucks required to safely remove the ammo are needed elsewhere to support the withdrawal.” Army Colonel Myles Caggins, a spokesman for the U.S.-led coalition in Syria and Iraq, tried to play the incident off as routine, saying that “blowing the ammo was part of the plan,” but Brett McGurk, a former U.S. envoy to the multinational alliance, tweeted that the mission constituted an “emergency ‘break glass’ evacuation procedure reserved for an extreme worst-case scenario.”

 

McGurk isn’t wrong. “Trying to destroy munitions from the sky like this does not work as well as air planners think,” John Ismay, a New York Times reporter and former Navy explosive ordnance disposal officer, tweeted. “Some of the weapons you hit will detonate sympathetically, sure. For the rest, you’ve blown open secure storage and made it available to anyone with a pickup truck.”

It’s that latter prospect that should be concerning. In 2017, Trump shuttered a CIA program to arm and equip Syrian rebels, and the weapons and ammo left behind may have helped spur what one researcher on the ground has called an “industrial revolution in terrorism”—and in the midst of Trump’s hasty about-face in northern Syria, even more powerful U.S. munitions stand poised to fall into enemy hands.

Donald Trump thinks it’s ok.  The escaped ISIS terrorists can go to Europe, according to our ridiculous Idiotic Orange Effing Moron!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/kurds-syria-trump-turkey-rojava-macedonia-greece-zizek-a9166206.html

The stable genius (Trump’s self-designation) justified his recent betrayal of Kurds (he effectively condoned the Turkish attack on the Kurdish enclave in northern Syria) by noting that “Kurds are no angels”. Of course, since, for him, the only angels in that region are Israel (especially on the West Bank) and Saudi Arabia (especially in Yemen). However, in some senses, the Kurds ARE the only angels in that part of the world. 

The fate of the Kurds makes them the exemplary victim of the geopolitical colonial games: spread along the borderline of four neighboring states (Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran), their (more than deserved) full autonomy was in nobody’s interest, and they paid the full price for it.

 

Do we still remember Saddam’s mass bombing and gas-poisoning of Kurds in the north of Iraq in the late 1980s? More recently, for years, Turkey has played a well-planned military-political game, officially fighting Isis but effectively bombing Kurds who are really fighting Isis.

 

In the last decades, the ability of the Kurds to organize their communal life was tested in almost ideal experimental conditions: the moment they were given a space to breathe freely outside the conflicts of the states around them, they surprised the world. 

 

After Saddam’s fall the Kurdish enclave in northern Iraq develop into the only safe part of Iraq with well-functioning institutions and even regular flights to Europe. In northern Syria, the Kurdish enclave centered in Rojava was a unique place in today’s geopolitical mess: when Kurds were given a respite from their big neighbors who otherwise threatened them all the time, they quickly built a society that one cannot but designate as an actually-existing and well-functioning utopia. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erdogan upends Oval meeting to play anti-Kurd film on iPad

"An Oval Office meeting yesterday with Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan took a dark turn when Erdoğan pulled out his iPad and made the group watch a propaganda video that depicted the leader of the primarily-Kurdish Syrian Democratic Forces as a terrorist, according to three sources familiar with the meeting.

Why it matters: The meeting hosted by President Trump included five Republican U.S. senators who've been among the most vocal critics of Turkey's recent invasion of Syria and attacks on the U.S.'s Kurdish allies in the fight against ISIS.....

https://www.axios.com/erdogan-turkey-kurds-movie-oval-office-trump-gop-senators-b9acd411-19f3-4de6-9003-0525a43114bd.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twsocialshare&utm_campaign=organic

<_<

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
×
×
  • Create New...