Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liz Warren

"Suggest a Movie" Log-in is Broken

I have been trying for weeks to log in to the TCM website's "Suggest a Movie" feature, but it is having technical issues and is broken.  Please fix this as soon as possible.  Thank you very much.

56 minutes ago, Liz Warren said:

I have been trying for weeks to log in to the TCM website's "Suggest a Movie" feature, but it is having technical issues and is broken.  Please fix this as soon as possible.  Thank you very much.

I think the proper link is gone, replaced with an email sign-up link.

46 minutes ago, Liz Warren said:

Thank you, Dr. S.  Where do I find the email sign-up link?

The suggest a movie link works, but the log-in button doesn't. At the top-right of the main page is the "Sign Up For TCM Emails" link. I believe TCM might have have cancelled the select a movie feature.

Liz Warren. Why does that sound familiar? <grin>

Yes, Dr. S, it does look like TCM has cancelled the Select-a-Movie feature, which is a shame.  And, yes, just about everyone I meet these days seems to comment on my name being the same as a lady who's running for president.  Thanks very much for your help.

14 hours ago, Liz Warren said:

Yes, Dr. S, it does look like TCM has cancelled the Select-a-Movie feature, which is a shame.  And, yes, just about everyone I meet these days seems to comment on my name being the same as a lady who's running for president.  Thanks very much for your help.

It use to be you could start a TCM account, different from this forum, and use it to login to the suggest a movie feature. I only use a tablet and some things don't always work. I tried the suggest a movie feature with a different browser and it still doesn't respond.

They still have the magazine link even though the printed magazine has ended. I just now looked at the link and it finally connects to the email guide.

I guess they are a little slow at updating their site.

Glad to help. It keeps me out of trouble.

Could not resist the Elizabeth connection.

Welcome to the forum!

I was hoping to make a movie suggestion, but it keeps showing an error.  Is anyone else having an issue like this?

I'm going to post a new topic, 'MOVIE SUGGESTIONS' and make my suggestion(s) that way.

I welcome any comments or help.

Thanks in advance!

NYC born

The suggest a movie link seems to have been out of commission since the spring.  It's a shame because the few times that I suggested a movie, they'd usually pop up on the schedule eventually.  I don't know if there is another way to suggest anymore, perhaps as a paying member of their Backlot program.  I like your idea of posting a topic of movie suggestions.

I found a way to suggest a film as follows:

1. At the bottom of TCM's main page, click on "Contact Us" (it's in very tiny font to the right of "Home").
  2. At the bottom of the page that comes up, click on "Have More Questions?," then click on "Contact Us."
  3. Under "Submit a Request," click "Choose your category."  "Request a Movie" is one of the options; choose that one.
  4. Fill out all the message information and submit your message.
  • Thanks 2

Thank you, Dr. Somnambula and Thank you, Liz! BTW, Dr. S has a picture of English actor Michael Rennie on his profile. I just love that actor. I can't say why, but I do. Perhaps it is the role of Klaatu he played in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), one of the best UFO and alien movies ever. I have to choose a picture for my profile. I used to have Susan Sarandon on my previous TCM account, but I might pick someone else this time around. Maybe Richard Burton.... who knows???

Good to know! For me, it's the exact opposite: I don't know Rennie on TV, only in movies. You should watch them: "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (mentioned earlier), "Five Fingers" (a great spy movie taking place in Istanbul during WWII, also with James Mason), "The Robe" and its sequel "Demetrius and the Gladiators", "The Lost World" (based on a Arthur Conan Doyle's novel)

I followed Liz instructions mentioned above earlier. Now, I am waiting to see if TCM is going to grant my request. That may take a while, but in the past, my requests were always granted. I am thinking in particular of this movie called "Chasing a Crooked Shadow", with Ann Baxter, Richard Todd and Herbert Lom, a very interesting suspens story taking place in Spain in the late 50's with a haunting score. Since my request for that movie, TCM featured it a few times.