Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rudy and the Beast

Sacha Baron Cohen wins two Golden Globes and thanks his 'co-star' Rudy Giuliani but jokes Donald Trump is 'contesting the result'

Sacha Baron Cohen's politically-charged sequel Borat Subsequent Moviefilm earned two awards on Sunday night during the 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards. And the comedian, 49, came out swinging as he sarcastically thanked the 'all-white' Hollywood Foreign Press Association during his initial acceptance speech, before ripping into his nemesis - and unsuspecting costar - Rudy Giuliani. Later on in the show, Cohen joked that former president Donald Trump was 'contesting' his 'Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical' win.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

'This is thuggery': Rudy's lawyer slams DOJ for raiding his NYC apartment and office even though 'he offered to cooperate with probe into his Ukraine dealings while working for Trump' 

DOJ executes a search warrant Rudy Giuliani's Manhattan apartment

Federal investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday on Rudy Giuliani's New York City apartment and office, stepping up their investigation of his dealings in the Ukraine. The probe centers on whether Giuliani, who was Donald Trump's personal attorney, acted as an unregistered federal agent and lobbied the Trump administration in 2019 on behalf of Ukrainian officials and oligarchs. Those were the same group of people who were helping Giuliani search for dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on the board of Ukrainian gas company, during the 2020 election.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The NYT is reporting that there has been a search warrant raid of Rudy's NY apartment.

His offices too! :D FINALLY!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

'This is thuggery': Rudy's lawyer slams DOJ for raiding his NYC apartment and office even though 'he offered to cooperate with probe into his Ukraine dealings while working for Trump' 

DOJ executes a search warrant Rudy Giuliani's Manhattan apartment

Federal investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday on Rudy Giuliani's New York City apartment and office, stepping up their investigation of his dealings in the Ukraine. The probe centers on whether Giuliani, who was Donald Trump's personal attorney, acted as an unregistered federal agent and lobbied the Trump administration in 2019 on behalf of Ukrainian officials and oligarchs. Those were the same group of people who were helping Giuliani search for dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter, who sat on the board of Ukrainian gas company, during the 2020 election.

Yeah, he cooperated alright!

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Y'know, I could never understand the right's infatuation with this nitwit.  

Sepiatone

So you were living in a cave after 9\11?

I started my career rooting out corruption at the highest level. I end my career as a practitioner

of corruption at the highest level. 

• Haha 2

Giuliani calls raid on his NYC home 'illegal and unconstitutional', says FBI turned DOWN Hunter Biden hard-drives, then accuses Biden family of breaking the law for the past 30 years 

Rudy Giuliani has described orders to raid his Manhattan apartment and office as 'a disgrace', ridiculing those behind the raid as being jealous of his career. Giuliani's home was surrounded by FBI agents at 6am on Wednesday morning, as part of an investigation into his dealings in Ukraine. Giuliani, the former US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and former mayor of the city, told a caller to his radio show on Thursday that he was outraged at the raid, and described those behind it as 'crooks' jealous of his career. 'I've been fighting crooks all my life,' he said. Rudy Giuliani said on Thursday that the dawn raid on his Manhattan home the day before by the FBI was orchestrated by 'crooks' who were 'jealous' of his achievements.

• Haha 1

'Rudy would give Trump up in a heartbeat': Michael Cohen says his old friend Giuliani is an 'idiot' and is 'going to start talking' to the Feds about what he did for the former president

42382100-0-image-a-20_1619721815206.jpg

Speaking to CNN Thursday Donald Trump's former fixer called Giuliani an 'idiot'. Federal agents raided the former NYC mayor's home and office Wednesday.

FBI 'probing whether Rudy Giuliani broke law by getting US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch fired in exchange for information on the Bidens'

42400572-0-image-a-4_1619763054082.jpg

Investigators are trying to determine if Giuliani was acting on behalf of Ukrainian officials when he pushed for Yovanovitch's ousting.

• Like 1

Biden insists he had no idea about Rudy raid and insists DOJ was far more politicized under Trump

42380666-0-image-a-66_1619718554786.jpg

President Joe Biden said he was not given a head's up that federal agents were going to carry out a raid on Rudy Giuliani's apartment and office in New York City. 

FBI warned Rudy Giuliani in 2019 that he was target of Russian campaign to smear Biden ahead of 2020 election, claims new report 

42398650-0-image-a-9_1619761528423.jpg

Multiple sources said Giuliani was warned about Russia's attempts to potentially use him to push false claims to smear Joe Biden during the White House race.

• Thanks 1

c2dG1Omj_normal.jpg

Giuliani provided info to State smearing Yovanovitch, which is an effort to influence the U.S. Gov. The only remaining question is whether he received anything of value — money or perhaps political dirt — that would have required him to register with DOJ (which he didn’t do).
Quote Tweet

omWV1cZs_mini.jpg

Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1
· 11h
Breaking NYT: At least one of the Giuliani warrants was seeking evidence related to Marie Yovanovitch. Federal authorities were expected to scour devices for communications between Giuliani and Trump officials about the ambassador before she was recalled. https://nytimes.com/2021/04/29/nyregion/giuliani-yovanovitch-search-warrant-ukraine.html
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So you were living in a cave after 9\11?

I don't think Rudy's action at the time necessarily exceeded what any other mayor of New York would have done at the time.  And it should be clear to ANY idiot( and there's plenty on the right) that this clown has been resting on those laurels ever since.  I feel that even if BOZO THE CLOWN( a close comparison, eh what?) were mayor of New York at the time, today HE would be the "darling" of whichever political party HE belonged to.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Michael Cohen said that this investigation ought to make Rudy sweat like a pig so he better ditch the hair dye or his entire face will be covered with it.

606ee072-86a3-44ce-9fe2-4b6f1718f649-VPC

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

I don't think Rudy's action at the time necessarily exceeded what any other mayor of New York would have done at the time.  And it should be clear to ANY idiot( and there's plenty on the right) that this clown has been resting on those laurels ever since.  I feel that even if BOZO THE CLOWN( a close comparison, eh what?) were mayor of New York at the time, today HE would be the "darling" of whichever political party HE belonged to.

Sepiatone

I don't disagree with your take about Rudy,  but here is what you posted:  Y'know, I could never understand the right's infatuation with this nitwit.  

My point again,  is that of course you do "understand the right's infatuation" with Rudy;  it mostly stems from 9\11.   

You (and I),   just believe this infatuation is way overblow.      I.e. we understand their reasons,,,  we just disagree with with them.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't disagree with your take about Rudy,  but here is what you posted:  Y'know, I could never understand the right's infatuation with this nitwit.  

My point again,  is that of course you do "understand the right's infatuation" with Rudy;  it mostly stems from 9\11.   

You (and I),   just believe this infatuation is way overblow.      I.e. we understand their reasons,,,  we just disagree with with them.

This is just my guess but I think by now, even the Right has forgotten all about Rudy of 9/11 fame.  They like him now more because he is Trump's pit bull.

When Trump told them not to like George W. any longer they listened and obeyed.  Listen to Jake and Nipkow slag John McCain.  It's Trump's world as far as they are concerned and to heck with any notion of democracy any longer.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

This is just my guess but I think by now, even the Right has forgotten all about Rudy of 9/11 fame.  They like him now more because he is Trump's pit bull.

When Trump told them not to like George W. any longer they listened and obeyed.  Listen to Jake and Nipkow slag John McCain.  It's Trump's world as far as they are concerned and to heck with any notion of democracy any longer.

I agree that those on the right that continue to like and respect Rudy,  are doing so mostly because he is so pro-Trump,  and Trump has yet to throw him under the bus.

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree that those on the right that continue to like and respect Rudy,  are doing so mostly because he is so pro-Trump,  and Trump has yet to throw him under the bus.

Did you catch the full Michael Cohen interview with Alyson Camerota yesterday?  Hilarious.  It was about 10 minutes long if you can find it.

Alan Dershowitz slams FBI raid on Rudy Giuliani's NYC home as 'unconstitutional' and says he will represent Trump's lawyer

Alan Dershowitz slams FBI raid on Rudy Giuliani's apartment as unconstitutional

Dershowitz (left), a Harvard law professor and Constitutional scholar, spoke on Sunday in an interview with podcast host John Catsimatidis on the Cats Roundtable show, reacting to Wednesday's raid. Agents seized more than 10 phones and computers from Giuliani's (right) Upper East Side apartment and office, with warrants suggesting the probe relates to Giuliani's freelance 'corruption' investigations in Ukraine on behalf of Donald Trump. 'In banana republics, in Castro's Cuba, in many parts of the world when a candidate loses for president, they go after the candidate, they go after his lawyers, they go after his friends,' said Dershowitz.

• Haha 1

What credibility?

'They want to destroy my credibility': Rudy Giuliani says he is being 'persecuted' for exposing contents of Hunter Biden's laptop 

Rudy Giuliani has claimed that he has been 'persecuted' by the media since uncovering a hard drive allegedly belonging to President Joe Biden's son Hunter. The former New York City mayor and Trump lawyer told Fox News ' Hannity program on Monday that the media has been trying to 'destroy his credibility' since he released material allegedly from the laptop to a pro-Republican newspaper ahead of the 2020 presidential election. Giuliani is under investigation for allegedly violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). He denies this. Last week, his Manhattan home and office were raided and his electronics seized, as part of the investigation into whether the 76-year-old acted as an unregistered federal agent and lobbied the Trump administration on behalf of Ukrainian officials and oligarchs.

• Haha 2