Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffry Oliver

missing scenes

I watched "Curse Of The Demon" last night (10/10).  I've seen this movie a dozen dozen times.  Quite fond of it.  Last night's showing was missing two scenes.  Two.  The first when Holden goes to get Mrs. Hobart's permission for an examination of her son.  The entire scene was cut.  There was a quick cut from the previous scene, the séance, to Holden comparing the runes to carvings at Stonehenge.  I was having such a good time until that point.  Later a scene between Karswell and his mother was cut.  A short scene wherein he admonishes her.  "You get nothing for nothing."

I love TCM.  It is a cornucopia of treasure.  Why these edits?  Certainly not for content.  The scene with Mrs. Hobart increased Holden's sense of dread, as well as our own.  Cut for time allowed?  Unthinkable; there are no time constraints on TCM.  I can only think that the print itself was truncated, and no one watched it before hand.  

I know this hardly ever happens.  I do not mean to nitpick.  Just calling attention to a wound in one of my favorite films.

3 hours ago, Jeffry Oliver said:

I watched "Curse Of The Demon" last night (10/10).  I've seen this movie a dozen dozen times.  Quite fond of it.  Last night's showing was missing two scenes.  Two.  The first when Holden goes to get Mrs. Hobart's permission for an examination of her son.  The entire scene was cut.  There was a quick cut from the previous scene, the séance, to Holden comparing the runes to carvings at Stonehenge.  I was having such a good time until that point.  Later a scene between Karswell and his mother was cut.  A short scene wherein he admonishes her.  "You get nothing for nothing."

I love TCM.  It is a cornucopia of treasure.  Why these edits?  Certainly not for content.  The scene with Mrs. Hobart increased Holden's sense of dread, as well as our own.  Cut for time allowed?  Unthinkable; there are no time constraints on TCM.  I can only think that the print itself was truncated, and no one watched it before hand.  

I know this hardly ever happens.  I do not mean to nitpick.  Just calling attention to a wound in one of my favorite films.

The British release was a full version at 96 minutes and called Night of the Demon.

The US release was called Curse of the Demon with a run-time of 81 minutes.  

This was done by the Columbia studio.

Don't know which version TCM showed last night but it appears to be the US version.

• Thanks 1