Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Awards season 2019-2020


Recommended Posts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on a true story, the auto racing film "Ford v Ferrari" has won five Satellite Awards as voted by the membership of the International Press Academy. The drama, which stars Matt Damon and Christian Bale (pictured below), picked up the Motion Picture, Drama award. Bale was named top Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama. The picture also won awards for directing (James Mangold), film editing and sound. 

See the source image

Other winners in the motion picture categories: "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" (Motion Picture, Comedy or Music); the Estonian film "Truth and Justice" (Motion Picture, International); "The Lion King" (Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media); and "63 Up" (Motion Picture, Documentary).

 

Here are the winners of the 2019 Satellite Awards:
 

Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
Alfre Woodard, Clemency
Charlize Theron, Bombshell
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Helen Mirren, The Good Liar
Renee Zellweger, Judy
Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story :ph34r:

Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Christian Bale, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
George MacKay, 1917
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Mark Ruffalo, Dark Waters

Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Awkwafina, The Farewell :ph34r:
Ana De Armas, Knives Out
Constance Wu, Hustlers
Julianne Moore, Gloria Bell

Actor in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Adam Sandler, Uncut Gems
Daniel Craig, Knives Out
Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name
Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Taron Egerton, Rocketman :ph34r:
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers :ph34r:
Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Margot Robbie, Bombshell
Penelope Cruz, Pain and Glory
Nicole Kidman, Bombshell
Zhao Shuzhen, The Farewell

Actor in a Supporting Role
Sir Anthony Hopkins, The Two Popes
Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Joe Pesci, The Irishman
Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood
Willem Dafoe, The Lighthouse :ph34r:
Wendell Pierce, Burning Cane

Motion Picture, Drama
1917, Universal Pictures
Bombshell, Lionsgate
Burning Cane, Array Releasing
Ford v Ferrari, Twentieth Century Fox :ph34r:
Joker, Warner Bros
The Lighthouse, A24
Marriage Story, Netflix
The Two Popes, Netflix

Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Hustlers, STX Entertainment
Knives Out, Lionsgate
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Columbia Pictures :ph34r:
Rocketman, Paramount
The Farewell, A24
Uncut Gems, A24

Motion Picture, International
Senegal, Atlantics
Russia, Beanpole
France, Les Miserables
Spain, Pain and Glory
Korea, Parasite
Estonia, Truth and Justice :ph34r:
France, Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Czech Republic, The Painted Bird

Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon, Netflix
Alita: Battle Angel, Twentieth Century Fox
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles, GKIDS
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Universal Pictures
The Lion King, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures :ph34r: 

Toy Story 4, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Weathering With You, GKIDS

Motion Picture, Documentary
63 Up, BritBox :ph34r:
Apollo 11, Neon
Citizen K, Greenwich Entertainment
Honeyland, KJ Films
One Child Nation, Amazon Studios
The Apollo, HBO Documentary
The Cave, National Geographic Documentary Films
FOR SAMA, PBS

Director
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
James Mangold, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Sam Mendes, 1917
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Original
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, and Jason Keller, Ford v Ferrari
Lulu Wang, The Farewell
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story :ph34r:
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Adapted
Anthony McCarten, The Two Popes
Edward Norton, Motherless Brooklyn
Matthew Michael Carnahan, Mario Correa, Nathaniel Rich, Dark Waters
Steven Zaillian, The Irishman
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit
Todd Phillips & Scott Silver, Joker :ph34r:

Original Score
Thomas Newman, 1917
Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders, Ford v Ferrari
Randy Newman, Marriage Story
Robbie Robertson, The Irishman
Terence Blanchard, Harriet
Hildur Guonadottir, Joker :ph34r:

Original Song
“Don’t Call Me (Angel)”, Charlie’s Angels
“Into the Unknown”, Frozen II
“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again”, Rocketman :ph34r:
“Spirit”, Lion King
“The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy”, Toy Story 4
“Swan Song”, Alita: Battle Angel

Cinematography
Dick Pope, Motherless Brooklyn
George Richmond, Rocketman
Lawrence Sher, Joker
Phedon Papamichael, ASC, GSC, Ford v Ferrari
Rodrigo Prieto, The Irishman
Roger Deakins, 1917 :ph34r:

Visual Effects
Alita: Battle Angel, Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon :ph34r:
Avengers: Endgame, Dan DeLeeuw, Matt Aitken Russell Earl, Dan Sudick
The Lion King, Robert Legato, ASC, Andrew R. Jones, Adam Valdez, Elliot Newman
Ford v Ferrari, Olivier Dumont, Mark Byers, Kathy Segal
Joker, Edwin Rivera, Mathew Giampa, Bryan Godwin
The Irishman, Pablo Helman

Film Editing
Lee Smith, ACE, 1917
Michael McCusker, ACE & Andrew Buckland, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Jeff Groth, Joker
Jennifer Lame, ACE, Marriage Story
Chris Dickens, Rocketman
Thelma Schoonmaker, The Irishman

Sound (Editing and Mixing)
1917, Oliver Tarney, Stuart Wilson, Scott Millan, Mark Taylor
Avengers: Endgame, Shannon Mills, Daniel Laurie, Tom Johnson, Juan Peralta, John Pritchett, CAS
Ford v Ferrari, Donald Sylvester, Paul Massey, David Giammarco, Steven A. Morrow, CAS :ph34r:
Joker, Alan Robert Murray, Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, Wylie Stateman, Mark Ulano, CAS, Michael Minkler, CAS, Christian P. Minkler, CAS
Rocketman, Matthew Collinge, John Hayes

Art Direction and Production Design
1917, Dennis Gassner, Lee Sandales
Ford v Ferrari, François Audouy, Peter Lando
Joker, Mark Friedberg, Laura Ballinger
Motherless Brooklyn, Beth Mickle, Michael Ahern :ph34r:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Barbara Ling, Nancy Haigh
The Two Popes, Mark Tildesley, Saverio Sammali

Costume Design
Dolemite Is My Name, Ruth E. Carter :ph34r:
Joker, Mark Bridges
Judy, Jeny Temime
Rocketman, Julian Day
The Two Popes, Luka Canfora
Downton Abbey, Caroline McCall, Anna Robbins, Susannah Buxton, Rosalind Ebbutt

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hollywood Reporter's analyst Scott Feinberg  has revealed his Top 10 Movies of 2019:

1. "The Two Popes" (directed by Fernando Meirelles).

2. "Once Upon a Time...in America" (directed by Quentin Tarantino).

3. "Apollo 11" (documentary directed by Todd Douglas Miller).

4. "Honey Boy" (directed by Alma Har'el). 

5. "Parasite" (from South Korea; directed by Bong Joon-ho).

6. "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" (directed by Joe Talbot).

7.  "The Irishman" (directed by Martin Scorsese).

8. "Midsommar" (directed by Ari Aster).

9. "The Biggest Little Farm" (documentary directed by John Chester).

10. "Waves" (directed by Trey Edward Shults).

Image result for scott feinberg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jakeem said:

Based on a true story, the auto racing film "Ford v Ferrari" has won five Satellite Awards as voted by the membership of the International Press Academy. The drama, which stars Matt Damon and Christian Bale (pictured below), picked up the Motion Picture, Drama award. Bale was named top Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama. The picture also won awards for directing (James Mangold), film editing and sound. 

See the source image

Other winners in the motion picture categories: "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" (Motion Picture, Comedy or Music); the Estonian film "Truth and Justice" (Motion Picture, International); "The Lion King" (Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media); and "63 Up" (Motion Picture, Documentary).

 

Here are the winners of the 2019 Satellite Awards:
 

Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
Alfre Woodard, Clemency
Charlize Theron, Bombshell
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Helen Mirren, The Good Liar
Renee Zellweger, Judy
Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story :ph34r:

Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Christian Bale, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
George MacKay, 1917
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Mark Ruffalo, Dark Waters

Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Awkwafina, The Farewell :ph34r:
Ana De Armas, Knives Out
Constance Wu, Hustlers
Julianne Moore, Gloria Bell

Actor in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Adam Sandler, Uncut Gems
Daniel Craig, Knives Out
Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name
Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Taron Egerton, Rocketman :ph34r:
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers :ph34r:
Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Margot Robbie, Bombshell
Penelope Cruz, Pain and Glory
Nicole Kidman, Bombshell
Zhao Shuzhen, The Farewell

Actor in a Supporting Role
Sir Anthony Hopkins, The Two Popes
Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Joe Pesci, The Irishman
Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood
Willem Dafoe, The Lighthouse :ph34r:
Wendell Pierce, Burning Cane

Motion Picture, Drama
1917, Universal Pictures
Bombshell, Lionsgate
Burning Cane, Array Releasing
Ford v Ferrari, Twentieth Century Fox :ph34r:
Joker, Warner Bros
The Lighthouse, A24
Marriage Story, Netflix
The Two Popes, Netflix

Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Hustlers, STX Entertainment
Knives Out, Lionsgate
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Columbia Pictures :ph34r:
Rocketman, Paramount
The Farewell, A24
Uncut Gems, A24

Motion Picture, International
Senegal, Atlantics
Russia, Beanpole
France, Les Miserables
Spain, Pain and Glory
Korea, Parasite
Estonia, Truth and Justice :ph34r:
France, Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Czech Republic, The Painted Bird

Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon, Netflix
Alita: Battle Angel, Twentieth Century Fox
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles, GKIDS
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Universal Pictures
The Lion King, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures :ph34r: 

Toy Story 4, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Weathering With You, GKIDS

Motion Picture, Documentary
63 Up, BritBox :ph34r:
Apollo 11, Neon
Citizen K, Greenwich Entertainment
Honeyland, KJ Films
One Child Nation, Amazon Studios
The Apollo, HBO Documentary
The Cave, National Geographic Documentary Films
FOR SAMA, PBS

Director
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
James Mangold, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Sam Mendes, 1917
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Original
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, and Jason Keller, Ford v Ferrari
Lulu Wang, The Farewell
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story :ph34r:
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Adapted
Anthony McCarten, The Two Popes
Edward Norton, Motherless Brooklyn
Matthew Michael Carnahan, Mario Correa, Nathaniel Rich, Dark Waters
Steven Zaillian, The Irishman
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit
Todd Phillips & Scott Silver, Joker :ph34r:

Original Score
Thomas Newman, 1917
Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders, Ford v Ferrari
Randy Newman, Marriage Story
Robbie Robertson, The Irishman
Terence Blanchard, Harriet
Hildur Guonadottir, Joker :ph34r:

Original Song
“Don’t Call Me (Angel)”, Charlie’s Angels
“Into the Unknown”, Frozen II
“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again”, Rocketman :ph34r:
“Spirit”, Lion King
“The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy”, Toy Story 4
“Swan Song”, Alita: Battle Angel

Cinematography
Dick Pope, Motherless Brooklyn
George Richmond, Rocketman
Lawrence Sher, Joker
Phedon Papamichael, ASC, GSC, Ford v Ferrari
Rodrigo Prieto, The Irishman
Roger Deakins, 1917 :ph34r:

Visual Effects
Alita: Battle Angel, Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon :ph34r:
Avengers: Endgame, Dan DeLeeuw, Matt Aitken Russell Earl, Dan Sudick
The Lion King, Robert Legato, ASC, Andrew R. Jones, Adam Valdez, Elliot Newman
Ford v Ferrari, Olivier Dumont, Mark Byers, Kathy Segal
Joker, Edwin Rivera, Mathew Giampa, Bryan Godwin
The Irishman, Pablo Helman

Film Editing
Lee Smith, ACE, 1917
Michael McCusker, ACE & Andrew Buckland, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Jeff Groth, Joker
Jennifer Lame, ACE, Marriage Story
Chris Dickens, Rocketman
Thelma Schoonmaker, The Irishman

Sound (Editing and Mixing)
1917, Oliver Tarney, Stuart Wilson, Scott Millan, Mark Taylor
Avengers: Endgame, Shannon Mills, Daniel Laurie, Tom Johnson, Juan Peralta, John Pritchett, CAS
Ford v Ferrari, Donald Sylvester, Paul Massey, David Giammarco, Steven A. Morrow, CAS :ph34r:
Joker, Alan Robert Murray, Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, Wylie Stateman, Mark Ulano, CAS, Michael Minkler, CAS, Christian P. Minkler, CAS
Rocketman, Matthew Collinge, John Hayes

Art Direction and Production Design
1917, Dennis Gassner, Lee Sandales
Ford v Ferrari, François Audouy, Peter Lando
Joker, Mark Friedberg, Laura Ballinger
Motherless Brooklyn, Beth Mickle, Michael Ahern :ph34r:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Barbara Ling, Nancy Haigh
The Two Popes, Mark Tildesley, Saverio Sammali

Costume Design
Dolemite Is My Name, Ruth E. Carter :ph34r:
Joker, Mark Bridges
Judy, Jeny Temime
Rocketman, Julian Day
The Two Popes, Luka Canfora
Downton Abbey, Caroline McCall, Anna Robbins, Susannah Buxton, Rosalind Ebbutt

ONCE AGAIN A TERRFIC POST BUDDY & I ON HERE LATER THIS POST # ANNUAL HERE IN WAS OK BUDDY?  IT IS  38th ANNUAL PREDICTIONS OFTHE OSCAR NOMINEES  VS.  SCOTT FEINBERG'S, JUST CHECK THE DATES, DON'T THINK WILL BE REVISING MINE &FINISHED THOUGH  EW IS NO3 THE FIJEST INDICATOR OF GETTING THE NOMINEES CORRECT, YEARS AGO IN THE 1980'S IT WAS GENE SISKEL, NOT EBERT AS MUCH THOUGH . SADLY GENE SISKEL-(1946=99) HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN WHERE AS ROGER IS RECALLED FONDLY? WHEN IT CAME TO OSCARS THOUGH SISKEL JUST KNEW. JAKEEM,YOU BY NOW KNEWBY FEELING FORMR. FEINBERG, HE STARTED OUT AS A PAL AROUND 2002 QHEN HE 19 & JUST STARTING COLLEGE & DOWNLOADEDFROM THERE. HIS DAD WAS PRETTY C0OOL THOUGH & $EXTREMELY WEALTHY REASN$ GOT HIS JOB ON HR. (NOTE: Letters are being eatin again< especially late night buddy)  YEAH SCOTT & I WOULD CO-LIE OUR OWN ALTERNATE OSCARS, PROBLE,BEING HE'D NOT EVEN MANY OF THE FILMS(MOSTLY CLASSICS) he had chosen & other items,ETC  YEAH, HE GOT TO DO PHONE INTERVIEWS HIS POP GOT HIM WITH SOME CELEBSBUT WIDMARK SLAMMED TE PHOLE DOWN ON HIM ONCE  THOUGH, JUST MY OPINION THOUGH. ART-DIRECTION MAY GO TO  ONCE UPON A TIME....THEY USUALLY GO TOGETHER, MAYBE NOT THE YEAR THOUGH COSTUMES MAY GO TO  CATS OR DOWNTON ABBEY  I ALREADY PREDICTIRISHMAP\SQ EEPING  5= 6 YRS.UT WE SHALL SEE HUH. ??? ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH SCOTT IS DIDN'T REALLY KNOW OR SEE MANY OF THE CLASSIC GOLDEN AGE HEAVYWEIGHTS HE QEoteBOUT THEM AS HE HA? MAKES ME FEEL OLD THOUGH AT AGE 55 NOW  HAPPY HOLIDAYS PAL?    STILL WRITING FOR ASWERS? & SURE WOULR STILLLIKE TO KNOEW YOUR OVERALL FAVS ADD IT TO MY FILES?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jakeem said:
8 hours ago, jakeem said:

The Hollywood Reporter's analyst Scott Feinberg  has revealed his Top 10 Movies of 2019:

1. "The Two Popes" (directed by Fernando Meirelles).

2. "Once Upon a Time...in America" (directed by Quentin Tarantino).

3. "Apollo 11" (documentary directed by Todd Douglas Miller).

4. "Honey Boy" (directed by Alma Har'el). 

5. "Parasite" (from South Korea; directed by Bong Joon-ho).

6. "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" (directed by Joe Talbot).

7.  "The Irishman" (directed by Martin Scorsese).

8. "Midsommar" (directed by Ari Aster).

9. "The Biggest Little Farm" (documentary directed by John Chester).

10. "Waves" (directed by Trey Edward Shults).

Image result for scott feinberg

bAd on a true story, the auto racing film "Ford v Ferrari" has won five Satellite Awards as voted by the membership of the International Press Academy. The drama, which stars Matt Damon and Christian Bale (pictured below), picked up the Motion Picture, Drama award. Bale was named top Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama. The picture also won awards for directing (James Mangold), film editing and sound. 

See the source image

Other winners in the motion picture categories: "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" (Motion Picture, Comedy or Music); the Estonian film "Truth and Justice" (Motion Picture, International); "The Lion King" (Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media); and "63 Up" (Motion Picture, Documentary).\\

 

tOMR. FEINBERG. I SEE ON A FEW IF THE ORTHER PRE-OSCAR AWARDS YOUR STILL-STEALING JAZZ AD EVER AFTER 16 TO 17 YEARS

WHY DON'T YOU BE HONEST SCOTT & TELL TO TOKS AT TCM YOU'VE ER MOSTLY SEE THE OLD CLASSICS THEY BROADCAST? I HAVE SOCKS OLDER THEN YOU SCOTT STARTING IN 1982 WTH THE MOVIES!?    JUST BE HONEST IT ALL  I KNOW IT WAS JUST A TYPE-O, BUT YOU ISPELLED  ONE UPON A TIME IN AMERCA (1984) (dc) VS. Hollywood. I hope & predict IRISHMEN, ONE OF MY TOP FILMS OF THIS RATHER POOR DECADE (2010-2019) MY OWN FAVS  THE FIST TWO THOUGH ALOST EQUAL  I THOUGHT GRAVITY WAS AMAZING & TON MORE STATUETTES (7) THEN ANY FILM ENTIRE DECADE. * ONLY ONES I'D LIKE TO OWN ON DVD ARE THEE TWO

Charlize Theron, Bombshell
Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
Helen Mirren, The Good Liar
Renee Zellweger, Judy
Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story :ph34r:

Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Adam Driver, Marriage Story
Antonio Banderas, Pain and Glory
Christian Bale, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
George MacKay, 1917
Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
Mark Ruffalo, Dark Waters

Actress in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Awkwafina, The Farewell :ph34r:


Ana De Armas, Knives Out
Constance Wu, Hustlers
Julianne Moore, Gloria Bell

Actor in Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Adam Sandler, Uncut Gems
Daniel Craig, Knives Out
Eddie Murphy, Dolemite Is My Name
Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Taron Egerton, Rocketman 
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jennifer Lopez, Hustlers :ph34r:
Laura Dern, Marriage Story
Margot Robbie, Bombshell
Penelope Cruz, Pain and Glory
Nicole Kidman, Bombshell
Zhao Shuzhen, The Farewell

Actor in a Supporting Role
Sir Anthony Hopkins, The Two Popes
Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood*
Joe Pesci, The Irishman
Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood
Willem Dafoe, The Lighthouse :ph34r:
Wendell Pierce, Burning Cane

Motion Picture, Drama
1917, Universal Pictures
Bombshell, Lionsgate
Burning Cane, A
Ford v Ferrari, Twentieth Century Fox :ph34r:
Joker, Warner Bros
The Lighthouse, A24
Marriage Story, Netflix
The Two Popes, Netflix

Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
Hustlers, STX Entertainment
Knives Out, Lionsgate
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Columbia Pictures :ph34r:
Rocketman, Paramount
The Farewell, A24
Uncut Gems, A24

Motion Picture, International
Senegal, Atlantics
Russia, Beanpole
France, Les Miserables
Spain, Pain and Glory
Korea, Parasite
Estonia, Truth and Justice :ph34r:
France, Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Czech Republic, The Painted Bird

Motion Picture, Animated or Mixed Media
A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon, Netflix
Alita: Battle Angel, Twentieth Century Fox
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles, GKIDS
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Universal Pictures
The Lion King, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures :ph34r: 

Toy Story 4, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Weathering With You, GKIDS

Motion Picture, Documentary
63 Up, BritBox :ph34r:
Apollo 11, Neon
Citizen K, Greenwich Entertainment
Honeyland, KJ Films
One Child Nation, Amazon Studios
The Apollo, HBO Documentary
The Cave, National Geographic Documentary Films
FOR SAMA, PBS

Director
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
James Mangold, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Sam Mendes, 1917
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Original
Bong Joon Ho, Parasite
Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, and Jason Keller, Ford v Ferrari
Lulu Wang, The Farewell
Noah Baumbach, Marriage Story :ph34r:
Pedro Almodóvar, Pain and Glory
Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood

Screenplay, Adapted
Anthony McCarten, The Two Popes
Edward Norton, Motherless Brooklyn
Matthew Michael Carnahan, Mario Correa, Nathaniel Rich, Dark Waters
Steven Zaillian, The Irishman
Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit
Todd Phillips & Scott Silver, Joker :ph34r:

Original Score
Thomas Newman, 1917
Marco Beltrami & Buck Sanders, Ford v Ferrari
Randy Newman, Marriage Story
Robbie Robertson, The Irishman
Terence Blanchard, Harriet
Hildur Guonadottir, Joker :ph34r:

Original Song
“Don’t Call Me (Angel)”, Charlie’s Angels
“Into the Unknown”, Frozen II
“(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again”, Rocketman :ph34r:
“Spirit”, Lion King
“The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy”, Toy Story 4
“Swan Song”, Alita: Battle Angel

Cinematography
Dick Pope, Motherless Brooklyn
George Richmond, Rocketman
Lawrence Sher, Joker
Phedon Papamichael, ASC, GSC, Ford v Ferrari
Rodrigo Prieto, The Irishman
Roger Deakins, 1917 :ph34r:

Visual Effects
Alita: Battle Angel, Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon :ph34r:
Avengers: Endgame, Dan DeLeeuw, Matt Aitken Russell Earl, Dan Sudick
The Lion King, Robert Legato, ASC, Andrew R. Jones, Adam Valdez, Elliot Newman
Ford v Ferrari, Olivier Dumont, Mark Byers, Kathy Segal
Joker, Edwin Rivera, Mathew Giampa, Bryan Godwin
The Irishman, Pablo Helman

Film Editing
Lee Smith, ACE, 1917
Michael McCusker, ACE & Andrew Buckland, Ford v Ferrari :ph34r:
Jeff Groth, Joker
Jennifer Lame, ACE, Marriage Story
Chris Dickens, Rocketman
Thelma Schoonmaker, The Irishman

Sound (Editing and Mixing)
1917, Oliver Tarney, Stuart Wilson, Scott Millan, Mark Taylor
Avengers: Endgame, Shannon Mills, Daniel Laurie, Tom Johnson, Juan Peralta, John Pritchett, CAS
Ford v Ferrari, Donald Sylvester, Paul Massey, David Giammarco, Steven A. Morrow, CAS :ph34r:
Joker, Alan Robert Murray, Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood, Wylie Stateman, Mark Ulano, CAS, Michael Minkler, CAS, Christian P. Minkler, CAS
Rocketman, Matthew Collinge, John Hayes

Art Direction and Production Design
1917, Dennis Gassner, Lee Sandales
Ford v Ferrari, François Audouy, Peter Lando
Joker, Mark Friedberg, Laura Ballinger
Motherless Brooklyn, Beth Mickle, Michael Ahern :ph34r:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Barbara Ling, Nancy Haigh
The Two Popes, Mark Tildesley, Saverio Sammali

Costume Design
Dolemite Is My Name, Ruth E. Carter :ph34r:
Joker, Mark Bridges
Judy, Jeny Temime
Rocketman, Julian Day
The Two Popes, Luka Canfora
Downton Abbey, Caroline McCall, Anna Robbins, Susannah Buxton, Rosalind Ebbutt

tO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

J.J. Abrams' #StarWarsTheRiseofSkywalker   DisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png      easily banished the competition to a galaxy far, far away with a big weekend launch of $374 million globally. Domestically, the movie scored the third biggest December debut of all time
The film marks the third biggest Dec. opening behind Abrams' 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' in 2015 ($248 million) and Rian Johnson's 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' in 2017 ($220 million)
 
Overseas, #RiseOfSkywalker DisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png opened at No. 1 in nearly every country. It wiped out in China with $12.1 million. Europe topped all regions with $122 million, led by the U.K. ($26.8 million) and followed by Germany ($21.8M) and France ($15.2 million)
 
Tom Hooper's #CatsMovie was badly scratched in its debut with $6.5 million after landing a C+ CinemaScore and getting ravaged by critics
 
11:26 AM · Dec 22, 2019·SocialFlow
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dolemite Is My Name," the acclaimed comeback vehicle for Eddie Murphy, has been named Best Film of 2019 by the Black Film Critics Circle. The picture also earned awards for Best Actor (Murphy), Best Supporting Actress (Da'Vine Joy Randolph) and Best Ensemble.

See the source image

The Black Film Critics Circle, founded in 2010, is comprised of film critics of color from daily and weekly newspapers, magazines, radio, television and qualifying online publications. 

Here is the full list of winners:

Best Film: Dolemite Is My Name
Best Director: Martin Scorsese (The Irishman) and Kasi Lemmons (Harriet)
Best Actor: Eddie Murphy (Dolemite Is My Name)
Best Actress: Lupita Nyong’o (Us)
Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt (Once Upon a Time In Hollywood)
Best Supporting Actress: Da’Vine Joy Randolph (Dolemite Is My Name)
Best Original Screenplay: Lena Waithe (Queen & Slim)
Best Adapted Screenplay: Steven Zaillian (The Irishman)
Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins (1917)
Best Foreign Film: Parasite
Best Documentary: Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am
Best Animated Film: I Lost My Body
Best Ensemble: Dolemite Is My Name
Pioneer Award: Ruth E Carter
Rising Star: Kelvin J. Harrison
Special Mention: Lloyd ‘Kam’ Williams

enter_06-30-19b.jpg 

  • The critics' group paid tribute to Williams, the Philadelphia Sun's veteran film and literary critic who died Thursday, May 30. 2019 from prostate cancer. He was 66 years old.
Link to post
Share on other sites

The divorce drama "Marriage Story," now streaming on Netflix, has been named Best Film of 2019 by the Nevada Film Critics Society.

Image result for marriage story

Writer-director Noah Baumbach's picture also earned awards for Best Director, Best Actor (Adam Driver) and Best Actress (Scarlett Johansson, who tied with "Bombshell" star Charlize Theron).

Here is the full list of winners.
Best Film: Marriage Story
Best Director: Noah Baumbach – Marriage Story
Best Actor: Adam Driver – Marriage Story
Best Actress (tie): Scarlett Johansson – Marriage Story & Charlize Theron – Bombshell
Best Supporting Actor: Joe Pesci – The Irishman
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lopez – Hustlers
Best Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Best Adapted Screenplay: Taika Waititi – Jojo Rabbit
Best Animated Movie: Toy Story 4
Best Documentary: Apollo 11
Best Production Design: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Best Cinematography: 1917
Best Visual Effects: Avengers: Endgame

Link to post
Share on other sites

Variety critic Owen Gleiberman's Worst Movies of 2019:

1. "Men in Black: International" (directed by Tim Burton).

2. "Last Christmas" (directed by Paul Feig). 

3. The last half hour of  "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" (directed by Quentin Tarantino).

4. "Rocketman" (directed by Dexter Fletcher).

5. "Annabelle Comes Home" (directed by Gary Dauberman).

See the source image

Variety critic Peter Debruge's revised Worst Movies of 2019: 

1. "Yesterday" (directed by Danny Boyle).

2. "Loqueesha" (directed by Jeremy Saville).

3. "Cats" (directed by Tom Hooper).

4. "Serenity" (directed by Steven Knight).

5. "Glass" (directed by  M. Night Shyamalan).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Worst Movies of 2019 (in alphabetical order) by The Hollywood Reporter critics Frank Scheck, David, Rooney, Todd McCarthy and John DeFore: 

1. "Arctic Dogs" (directed by Aaron Woodley).

2. "Cats" (directed by Tom Hooper).

3. "Dark Phoenix" (directed by Simon Kinberg).

4. "Domino" (directed by Brian De Palma).

5. "The Fanatic" (directed by Fred Durst). 

6. "The Haunting of Sharon Tate" (directed by Daniel Farrands).

7. "A Million Little Pieces" (directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson).

8. "Rambo: Last Blood" (directed by Adrian Grünberg).

9. "Serenity" (directed by Steven Knight).

10. "Trading Paint" (directed by Karzan Kader).

See the source image

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 11:05 AM, jakeem said:

Schedueled to go and see it on New Years Day   Can you folks & fans believe Eastwood has yet anther lining up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 3:30 AM, jakeem said:

ThompsonAnneHEAD_-1_bigger.jpg

Fitfully enjoyable, good-looking #StarWarsTheRiseofSkywalker DisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png will get mixed critical response, which is irrelevant because Lucasfilm set out to make a fan-friendly, critic-proof blockbuster. It will compete with Avengers: Endgame for tech Oscars like VFX, Score, Art Direction.
 
1:44 PM · Dec 17, 2019·Twitter Web App

To Anne this race is tpugh  Don't underestimate THE IRISHMAN here due to the massive cgi effects I

I

I]m \\\\;;;'''lllmm of course waiting for the crow to die down fir SW & another good category to possible call a winner  score for original-music score: Thomas Newman finally for 1917

Link to post
Share on other sites

And Anne Thom[[son has lost quite a few Academy Awards predictions? A. Beauty, Little Women (l994) Shawshank (also 1994) Finding Nemo.  Road to Perdition (02) & more. But Randy has incredbally only one victory for Best Song Monster's Inc & eth al his grande epic scores  Avalon, Ragtime, The Natural & many more!!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The romantic drama "Queen & Slim," the story of two lovers who become fugitives while on a date, has received 14 nominations for the 20th annual Black Reel Awards. The record for most nominations is 17, which was established a year ago by the Marvel Universe film "Black Panther."

See the source image

"Queen & Slim," which stars Jodie Turner-Smith and Daniel Kaluuya (pictured above) as the title characters,  was directed by Melina Matsoukas and written by Emmy Award winner Lena Waithe.

Among the other nominations leaders:
  • "Us" (12)
  • "Dolemite Is My Name" (11)
  • "Waves" (9)
  • "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" (8)
  • "Clemency" (7)

Established in 2000, the Black Reel Awards are presented by the Foundation for the Augmentation of African-Americans in Film (FAAAF) to celebrate black cinematic excellence. 

The 20th Annual Black Reel Awards winners will be announced on Thursday, February 6, 2020.

Here is the full list of nominations:

Outstanding Motion Picture
"Dolemite Is My Name" (Netflix)
"Just Mercy" (Warner Bros)
"Queen & Slim" (Universal Pictures)
"Us" (Universal Pictures)
"Waves" (A24)

Outstanding Actor 
Jimmie Fails, "The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
Kelvin Harrison, Jr., "Luce"
Kelvin Harrison, Jr., "Waves"
Daniel Kaluuya, "Queen & Slim"
Eddie Murphy, "Dolemite Is My Name"

Outstanding Actress
Cynthia Erivo, "Harriet"
Gugu Mbatha-Raw, "Fast Color"
Lupita Nyong’o, "Us"
Jodie Turner-Smith, "Queen & Slim"
Alfre Woodard, "Clemency"

Outstanding Director
Mati Diop, "Atlantics"
Kasi Lemmons, "Harriet"
Melina Matsoukas, "Queen & Slim"
Julius Onah, "Luce"
Jordan Peele, "Us"

Outstanding Supporting Actor
Sterling K. Brown, "Waves"
Aldis Hodge, "Clemency"
Jamie Foxx, "Just Mercy"
Jonathan Majors, "The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
Wesley Snipes, "Dolemite Is My Name"

Outstanding Supporting Actress
Shahadi Wright Joseph, "Us"
Janelle Monáe, "Harriet"
Da'Vine Joy Randolph, "Dolemite Is My Name"
Taylor Russell, "Waves"
Octavia Spencer, "Luce"

See the source image

  • This was a busy year for 14-year-old Shahadi Wright Joseph, who was involved in two of the year's biggest blockbusters. She played a double role in Jordan Peele's thriller "Us" and also provided the voice of the young Nala in Disney's live-action remake of "The Lion King."


Outstanding Screenplay 
Chinoye Chukwu, "Clemency"
Ladj Ly, Giordano Gederlini & Alexis Manenti, "Les Misérables" 
J.C. Lee & Julius Onah, "Luce"
Lena Waithe, "Queen & Slim"
Jordan Peele, "Us"

Outstanding Ensemble 
"Dolemite Is My Name"
The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
"Just Mercy"
"Us"
"Waves"

Outstanding Documentary
"The Apollo"
"The Black Godfather"
"Knock Down the House"
"Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool"
"Toni Morrison: The Pieces I Am"

Outstanding International Film 
"Atlantics" (Senegal)
"The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind" (United Kingdom)
"Farming" (United Kingdom)
"In Fabric" (United Kingdom)
"Les Misérables" (France)

Outstanding Voice Performance
Chiwetel Ejiofor, "The Lion King"
Donald Glover, "The Lion King"
James Earl Jones, "The Lion King"
Keegan-Michael Key, "Toy Story 4"
Jordan Peele, "Toy Story 4"

Outstanding Score 
"Dolemite Is My Name"
"The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
"Queen & Slim"
"Us"
"Waves"

Outstanding Original Song
"Collide" from "Queen & Slim"
"Don't Turn Back" from "The Apollo"
"Guarding the Gates" from "Queen & Slim" 
"It's Not Over" from "Brian Banks"
"Spirit" from "The Lion King"

Outstanding Independent Feature 
"Burning Cane"
"Clemency"
"Guava Island"
"The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
"Luce"

Outstanding Independent Documentary 
"16 Bars"
"No Lye: An American Beauty Story"
"The Remix: Hip Hop X Fashion"

Outstanding Short 
"America," Garrett Bradley
"Hair Love," Matthew A. Cherry
"It's Not About Jimmy Keene," Caleb Jaffe
"Suicide By Sunlight," Nikyatu Jusu
"Zahra and the Oil Man," Yucef Mayes

Outstanding Emerging Director 
Chinoye Chukwu, "Clemency"
Nia Dacosta, "Little Woods"
Mati Diop, "Atlantics"
Melina Matsoukas, "Queen & Slim"
Julius Onah, "Luce"

Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Male 
Tituss Burgess, "Dolemite Is My Name"
Jimmie Fails, "The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
Kelvin Harrison, Jr., "Waves"
Aldis Hodge, "Clemency"
Jonathan Majors, "The Last Black Man in San Francisco"

Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Female 
Abdou Balde, "Atlantics"
Shahadi Wright Joseph, "Us"
Da'Vine Joy Randolph, "Dolemite Is My Name"
Taylor Russell, "Waves"
Jodie Turner-Smith, "Queen & Slim"

Outstanding First Screenplay 
Mati Diop & Olivier Demangel, "Atlantics"
Chiwetel Ejiofor, "The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind"
Phillip Youmans, "Burning Cane"
Chinoye Chukwu, "Clemency"
Lena Waithe, "Queen & Slim"

Outstanding Cinematography 
"Harriet"
"The Last Black Man in San Francisco"
"Queen & Slim"
"Us"
"Waves"

Outstanding Costume Design
"Dolemite Is My Name"
"Harriet"
"Hustlers"
"Queen & Slim"
"Us"

Outstanding Production Design
"Dolemite Is My Name"
"Harriet"
"The Lion King"
"Queen & Slim"
"Us"

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 4:08 PM, jakeem said:

Variety critic Owen Gleiberman's Worst Movies of 2019:

1. "Men in Black: International" (directed by Tim Burton).

2. "Last Christmas" (directed by Paul Feig). 

3. The last half hour of  "Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood" (directed by Quentin Tarantino).

4. "Rocketman" (directed by Dexter Fletcher).

5. "Annabelle Comes Home" (directed by Gary Dauberman).

See the source image

Variety critic Peter Debruge's revised Worst Movies of 2019: 

1. "Yesterday" (directed by Danny Boyle).

2. "Loqueesha" (directed by Jeremy Saville).

3. "Cats" (directed by Tom Hooper).

4. "Serenity" (directed by Steven Knight).

5. "Glass" (directed by  M. Night Shyamalan).

Poor Yesterday. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Poor Yesterday. :(

As I mentioned earlier, McCartney liked the movie -- and he's been very protective of The Beatles' legacy. So maybe that's all that matters. I believe Sir Ringo liked it, too.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Utah Film Critics Association  has selected the South Korean black comedy"Parasite" as its Best Picture of 2019. The film also received honors for Best Original Screenplay and Best Non-English Language Film. 

See the source image

Here is the full list of winners and runners-up: 

Best Picture: Parasite. Runner-up: Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood.

Best Achievement in Directing: Sam Mendes, 1917. Runner-up: Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood.

Best Lead Performance, Male: Adam Driver, Marriage Story. Runner-up: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker.

Best Lead Performance, Female: Scarlett Johansson, Marriage Story. Runner-up: Lupita Nyong’o, Us.

Best Supporting Performance, Male: Joe Pesci, The Irishman. Runner-up: Willem Dafoe, The Lighthouse.

Best Supporting Performance, Female: Florence Pugh, Little Women. Runner-up: Rebecca Ferguson, Doctor Sleep.

Vice/Martin Award for Performance in a Science-Fiction, Fantasy or Horror Film: Robert Downey, Jr., Avengers: Endgame. Runner-up: Lupita Nyong’o, Us.

Best Original Screenplay: Bong Joon-ho and Jin Won Han, Parasite. Runner-up: Rian Johnson, Knives Out.

Best Adapted Screenplay: Greta Gerwig, Little Women. Runner-up: Taika Waititi, Jojo Rabbit.

Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins, 1917. Runner-up: Jarin Blaschke, The Lighthouse.

Best Original Score: Matt Morton, Apollo 11. Runner-up: Dan Levy, I Lost My Body.

Best Film Editing: Todd Douglas Miller, Apollo 11. Runner-up: Andrew Buckland, Michael McCusker and Dirk Westervelt, Ford v Ferrari.

Best Documentary Feature: Apollo 11. Runner-up: Hail Satan?

Best Animated Feature: I Lost My Body. Runners-up: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and Toy Story 4.

Best Non-English Language Feature: Parasite. Runner-up: Portrait of a Lady on Fire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...