Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Awards season 2019-2020

bob_strauss_01_twitter_bigger.jpg

I've heard from a knowledgeable source that #1917Movie has something like 77 individual shots. That explains why the framing and compositions of this purgatorial World War I film's "single take" conceit look so terribly exquisite. OK war story, gorgeous cinematic art.

12:11 PM · Dec 27, 2019·Twitter Web App

jltNN1hQ_bigger.jpg

Box office: #LittleWomen SonyLittleWomen_Emoji.pngand #UncutGems UncutGems_A24_2019.png start strong as  #StarWarsTheRiseofSkywalker DisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png remains victorious. #RiseofSkywalker DisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png topped the box office, crossing $361 million in North America after this weekend’s $72 million haul.

Rian Johnson's #KnivesOut surpasses $200 million at global box office.

#Frozen2 DisneyFrozen2_Emoji_Elsa.png  ascended to $421 million in North America and $1.21 billion worldwide, passing #Minions to become the third-highest grossing animated movie in history.

11:28 AM · Dec 29, 2019·WordPress.com

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

Former president @BarackObama's #Netflix documentary American Factory is among his favorite films of 2019, he announced Sunday, joining critically acclaimed Oscar frontrunners like The Irishman, Marriage Story and Parasite on his list.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

"'Bombshell' bombing at box office isn't exactly a shock — here's why" via  @TheHillOpinion

http://hill.cm/FsWj5E8

4:41 AM · Jan 2, 2020·SocialFlow

It's no surprise to me that its not doing well. A large part of it is due to the political gulf in this country ( I should be the last to talk because I refuse to be associated with either political party, and I don't vote because of my utter distaste for politics) This is a type of film that some Democrats refuse to see because it takes a positive look at some anchors at Fox News, and many Republicans refuse to see because they feel it denigrates their views. It's a no win situation. It's just an example of who exactly was this film made for in this divided day and age syndrome.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, spence said:

Did you post EW's nominee predictions as well?

For the Golden Globes? No. But I'll post the winners on Sunday.

See the source image

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

While blockbuster season is still months away, winter 2020 has quite the selection of science fiction and action films to tide us over until April and the start of summer movie season

8:47 PM · Jan 2, 2020·SocialFlow