Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeem

Awards season 2019-2020

48 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

So now are The Joker and Vito Corleone the only two fictional roles to have garnered two acting Oscars?

Yes. But I don't believe that's true for real-life characters.  It's been a mixed bag for people who've portrayed British royals. And no one had ever won an Oscar for playing a U.S. president until Sir Daniel Day-Lewis portrayed Abraham Lincoln.

See the source image

See the source image

• Like 1

bob_strauss_01_twitter_bigger.jpg

Gnarly, smart, masterful & enjoyable as #Parasite is, my favorite movie by #Oscars Oscars2020.png winner #BongJoonHo is still #Mother (#Madeo in #Korean), his 2009 Hitchcockian thriller about a woman determined to prove her intellectually challenged son innocent by any - and I mean ANY - means.

1:52 PM · Feb 12, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Like 1

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

The board of directors of France's Film Academy has announced their collective resignation, responding to weeks of criticism centered on Roman Polanski

4:06 PM · Feb 13, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Oh, Jake Holman! Parasite’s making money at the box office! People are going to see it after all!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Oh, Jake Holman! Parasite’s making money at the box office! People are going to see it after all!

It was the same deal with "Moonlight," which he also said nobody saw. Made for $4 million, the film earned $35.5 million overseas after it won the 2016 Best Picture Oscar. Its overall take: $65.3 million.

Image result for moonlight movie pictures

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 11:33 PM, jakeem said:

Yes. But I don't believe that's true for real-life characters.  It's been a mixed bag for people who've portrayed British royals. And no one had ever won an Oscar for playing a U.S. president until Sir Daniel Day-Lewis portrayed Abraham Lincoln.

See the source image

See the source image

WHAT IS THIS?

On 2/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, JamesStewartFan95 said:

The ACADEMY sure had their PC show backfire on them, lowest ratings since first telecast in 1953!

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

Over the long Presidents Day weekend, 'Sonic the Hedgehog' zoomed past expectations to a $70 million debut — Paramount's biggest domestic opening since 'Mission: Impossible — Fallout'

9:40 AM · Feb 18, 2020·SocialFlow

On 2/11/2020 at 8:38 AM, jakeem said:

JAKEEM, have you seen PARASITE or plan to?   I'm not against foreign films, l989's marvelous Italian CINEMA, PARADISO is not only my fav foreign-film ever made, but gets my vote as the best of that year with yet another marvelous Morricone score-(unnominated yet again for it)

La strada, Ran, Shoah, das Boot are heavyweights, but again this was the AMPAS way of making u[p for the fact of the all white performers-(except 2) being nominated this year & the shot themselves in the foot BIG  TIME!  Even liberals are ****   They bent over backwards sooo much to show diversity they sffered the lowest ratings since they have ever been on television starting back in 1953 from THE PANTAGES THEATRE also on Hollywood, Blvd   Sasha stone of awards daily.com a flaming liberal now suggests they only be aired online.

Middle America obviously was turned off & turned off the telecast

Speaking of the all-time great 9hr SHAH (l985) I'll never forget how furious Ebert & Siskel were when it failed to even get a documentary nod

That film shoulda been showed in schools!

then to top things off-(that category was always weird) they gave the thumbs down to Roger Ebert's own & posthumously released LIFE ITSELF & snubbed it for a docu nomination as well?

Just now, speedracer5 said:

Still?

STILL WHAT?

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

Over the long Presidents Day weekend, 'Sonic the Hedgehog' zoomed past expectations to a $70 million debut — Paramount's biggest domestic opening since 'Mission: Impossible — Fallout'

9:40 AM · Feb 18, 2020·SocialFlow

have you seen the trailer yet for TOP GUN 2 & whats your opinion & do you think it will be a hit as well?