Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeem

Awards season 2019-2020

jltNN1hQ_bigger.jpg

How are the #Emmys adapting to COVID-19?
-Shows are modifying their campaigns
-Some networks are delaying premieres
-Extending the eligibility calendar through June 30
-Eradicating DVD screeners

2:45 PM · May 8, 2020·TweetDeck

CyLn5GVQ_bigger.png

The film and television industry — which directly employs about 927,000 people across the country, among 2.6M total Hollywood-supporting jobs — was one of the first sectors to shut down.

It will likely be one of the last to reopen.

6:00 AM · May 12, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Thanks 1

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

Broadway's 41 theaters will remain closed at least another three months beyond the last previously scheduled shutdown date, with lost box office estimated at $915 million and related revenues of triple that figure

11:50 AM · May 12, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Broadway's 41 theaters will remain closed at least another three months beyond the last previously scheduled shutdown date, with lost box office estimated at $915 million and related revenues of triple that figure

When I read this, I thought of this amazing video I watched on YouTube last week. It's a performance of "One Day More" from LES MISERABLES, which includes actors from over 33 years of the show's run.

12 hours ago, sagebrush said:

When I read this, I thought of this amazing video I watched on YouTube last week. It's a performance of "One Day More" from LES MISERABLES, which includes actors from over 33 years of the show's run.

The best thing I've seen all year is the surprise actor-director John Krasinski pulled off for a disappointed young fan who was hoping to see "Hamilton" in Jacksonville. It didn't hurt that Krasinski, who hosts a "good news" show on YouTube from quarantine, had a couple of inside connections. It starts at the 8:25 mark:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jakeem said:

The best thing I've seen all year is the surprise actor-director John Krasinski pulled off for a disappointed young Broadway fan who was hoping to see "Hamilton" on Broadway. It didn't hurt that Krasinski, who hosts a "good news" show on YouTube from quarantine, had a couple on inside connections. It starts at the 8:25 mark:

That is awesome! What a lucky kid. I was born into a Broadway-loving family and as a kid all I could do was use my imagination while listening to and mimicking my parents' LP cast recordings. How lucky kids (and really all of us) are today to be able to watch videos such as these (along with illegal iPhone captures of live performances ;)) uploaded to YouTube and other social media sites?

Theater people are the best!

15 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

That is awesome! What a lucky kid. I was born into a Broadway-loving family and as a kid all I could do was use my imagination while listening to and mimicking my parents' LP cast recordings. How lucky kids (and really all of us) are today to be able to watch videos such as these (along with illegal iPhone captures of live performances ;)) uploaded to YouTube and other social media sights?

Theater people are the best!

In case you were wondering, that was Lin-Manuel Miranda with the original "Hamilton" Broadway cast, including Leslie Odom, Jr., Daveed Diggs and Renée Elise Goldsberry.

Disney + has just announced that the reunited cast will headline a movie version of the musical to be aired by the new streaming service on July 3, 2020.

See the source image

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

Disney + has just announced that the reunited cast will headline a movie version of the musical to be aired by the new streaming service on July 3, 2020.

I was really hoping to see this in a theater (along with many others, no doubt.) I don't subscribe to  Disney+, but I may just to see this show! I already pay way too much for cable (as does everybody) and ever since Disney+ launched, the FreeForm channel no longer shows their animated films, so I'm kind of holding a grudge against Disney at the moment! Do you think they'll notice? 😄

• Haha 1

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

Fox's #XMen spinoff #NewMutants has finally gotten a new release date after it was taken off the spring 2020 calendar due to the coronavirus pandemic

12:35 AM · May 14, 2020·SocialFlow

Po8lHinI_bigger.jpeg

In what could turn out to be the start of a domino effect for many Broadway productions, Disney confirmed today that 'Frozen' will not reopen when the COVID-19 shutdown ends

4:20 PM · May 14, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Sad 1