Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

EDITORIAL: Andrew Scheer for prime minister

EDITORIAL: Andrew Scheer for prime minister

In 2015, Canadians took a gamble and elected a Justin Trudeau government. Stephen Harper had been in power for nine years and voters were looking for something new.

Trudeau checked the right boxes and promised Canadians a return to “sunny ways.” Four years later, his government doesn’t look so sunny anymore.

While it’s been just one term, the Liberals carry the baggage — including the political corruption — of a government that’s been in office far too long.

Now, Trudeau is asking voters to trust him again. We believe they should answer with a resounding no.

Nothing about Trudeau’s dishonest performance as prime minister deserves to be rewarded.

His 2015 victory hinged on support from progressives. He betrayed them.

He promised three years of “modest” deficits leading to a $1 billion surplus this year. He spent recklessly, racking up huge deficits every year.

Trudeau has behaved as if laws and rules he imposes on others don’t apply to him. He violated federal laws twice — with family vacations to a billionaire’s private island, and his political interference in the SNC-Lavalin case.

He punished others over vague harassment allegations, but dismissed similar allegations against himself as misunderstandings.

He exhorted Canada to do more to fight racism, but “didn’t know it was wrong” when he wore blackface at least three times, even as an adult.

Trudeau proclaimed, “Canada is back” in 2015, then damaged our relationships on the world stage. He made Omar Khadr rich while persecuting Vice Admiral Mark Norman.

Enough is enough.

Thankfully, there is a better alternative.

Andrew Scheer offers the moderation and maturity Trudeau lacks.

Vote for someone new on election day, and throw out Trudeau. Canadians can finally show us if they support racism, or go with honesty.

Please note, this editorial comes from THE TORONTO SUN, a newspaper which has endorsed the Conservative candidate in virtually every election, both federal or provincial, since its creation.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

Scheer's proposals sans the economic ones and pro-Israel/ neocon foreign policy, seem preferable.

What proposals?  All he has been doing is demonizing and fear mongering his opposition.

He's following the Doug Ford playbook which is you will learn of our platform when we are elected.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

What proposals?  All he has been doing is demonizing and fear mongering his opposition.

He's following the Doug Ford playbook which is you will learn of our platform when we are elected.

I guess Doug Ford will finally come out of hiding the day after the election.

DF.jpg?fit=1024,768&ssl=1

"Yes, my friends, I'm back and I'm still the same smiley used car salesman phony who fooled you into giving me a majority government."

I dislike Trudeau's policies more. The worst thing about Scheer to me though is his insane neocon foreign policy and remarks about Iran.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-foreign-policy-speech-1.5126144

The article also mentions he also suggests leaving China for "other trade partners." Well Trump tried just that and look at it...

2 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

I dislike Trudeau's policies more. The worst thing about Scheer to me though is his insane neocon foreign policy and remarks about Iran.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-foreign-policy-speech-1.5126144

The article also mentions he also suggests leaving China for "other trade partners." Well Trump tried just that and look at it...

Name a few Trudeau policies that you dislike so much.

2 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Name a few Trudeau policies that you dislike so much.

I disagree with his stance on drugs (marijuana), abortion and various social issues. I also feel he hasn't done enough for the environment, though in that regard Scheer is also much worse.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/04/kinder-morgan-trans-mountain-pipeline-resistance

7 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

I disagree with his stance on drugs (marijuana), abortion and various social issues. I also feel he hasn't done enough for the environment, though in that regard Scheer is also much worse.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/04/kinder-morgan-trans-mountain-pipeline-resistance

In Canada, conservatives are not that far apart on most social issues - certainly not abortion.  And I very much doubt they are into reversing liberties like marijuana.

You have to look at their policies on taxes which means reductions on social services and the elimination of environmental protections if you want to see the real differences in the parties.  And for me that eliminates the conservatives for consideration.  Judging by your post if you were living in Canada you might lean liberal as well.