Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forty-One

Requesting movies on TCM

Hello all, I have not been active on the TCM forum for a very long time. Just coming back today. I used to request films from the TCM staff and my requests were always successful. I am wondering if we are still allowed to send in requests. I have a few movies in mind I would like to request. Thank you very much for letting me know!

Looks like the SUGGEST A MOVIE option has been discontinued.  It used to be in the COMMUNITY menu, but has been replaced by a button for Fathom Events.

Thank you very much! Too bad, I used to take advantage of this feature regularly in the past. I will check out this "Fathom Events"  

The link for "Suggest a Movie" is there, but to access it, you first have to access the "Message Board" link. I just tried it, but unfortunately, it does not seem to be active at the moment. Is is a temporary glitch with the site or is it permanently discontinued as you've indicated?

12 minutes ago, John Louis Gerdes said:

The link for "Suggest a Movie" is there, but to access it, you first have to access the "Message Board" link. I just tried it, but unfortunately, it does not seem to be active at the moment. Is is a temporary glitch with the site or is it permanently discontinued as you've indicated?

It's been inactive for a long time. There are a few threads about it around here somewhere, probably down in the "Problems with TCM.com" section. In all likelihood it's been deactivated for good.

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/261460-suggest-a-movie-log-in-is-broken/

You're right.  It looks like it's been scrubbed from all the drop down menus on other pages except for the one on the MESSAGE BOARDS page (except on my old version of Safari, it pops up on the TCM homepage, too).  But though the page comes up, the link to sign in is disabled.  You will notice there is no record of recently suggested movies, either, only an error message.

I think they discontinued it around the time they started the TCM Backlot stuff. They want people to pay to join an exclusive club, then those people get to have a say in some of the programming.

• Like 1

From another section under Technical Issues posted by "Liz Warren":

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/261460-suggest-a-movie-log-in-is-broken/

I found a way to suggest a film as follows:

1. At the bottom of TCM's main page, click on "Contact Us" (it's in very tiny font to the right of "Home").
  2. At the bottom of the page that comes up, click on "Have More Questions?," then click on "Contact Us."
  3. Under "Submit a Request," click "Choose your category."  "Request a Movie" is one of the options; choose that one.
  4. Fill out all the message information and submit your message

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I think they discontinued it around the time they started the TCM Backlot stuff. They want people to pay to join an exclusive club, then those people get to have a say in some of the programming.

That's my guess as well, that they'd like people to join (and pay for) the Backlot program in order to suggest a movie.  It's too bad because the few times that I used the old suggest-a-movie page the titles would eventually pop up on the schedule.  It was interesting to see what other people suggested, as well. 

I found another posting that I copied above where someone found a backdoor way of suggesting a movie.  I suspect it took some digging for her to find that, though.

• Thanks 1