• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 weeks later...

6thFktUw_mini.jpg

Ryan J. Reilly

@ryanjreilly
· 17h
Attorney for Capitol defendant Anthony Antonio said his client had “Foxitus” and “Foxmania” from watching six months of Fox News and started “believing what was being fed to him” by Fox News and the president.
Show this thread

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

Now comes the part where Fox News produces the evidence, right?
Quote Tweet

OHr577N-_mini.jpg

NSA/CSS

@NSAGov
· 10h
A statement from NSA regarding recent allegations:

On June 28, 2021, Tucker Carlson alleged that the National Security Agency has been "monitoring our electronic communications and is planning to leak them in an attempt to take this show off the air."  This allegation is untrue. Tucker Carlson has never been an intelligence target of the Agency and the NSA has never had any plans to try to take his program off the air.  NSA has a foreign intelligence mission. We target foreign powers to generate insights on foreign activities that could harm the United States.  With limited exceptions (e.g. an emergency), NSA may not target a US citizen without a court order that explicitly authorizes the targeting.

Maybe because Tucker Carlson joined Donald Trump’s pro-Russia stance, he falls under the “foreign mission” part of the statement.

No more money for education but ...

Tucker Carlson demands CAMERAS in every classroom to 'oversee the people teaching your children' and find out how widespread 'poison' of critical race theory is

45145019-0-image-a-38_1625661026519.jpg

Fox News' Tucker Carlson showed a clip of a Black father attending a school board meeting in Illinois where he criticized critical race theory. Carlson branded the theory 'civilization-ending poison'.

• Haha 2

Cameras in the classrooms?  I'd only agree to that in order to keep an eye on any teachers that might foist unwarranted abuse on any students.  If not for that purpose, I'd have to assume that school cafeterias will start serving that "victory meat" that looks like real meat, but isn't.  ;) 

Seems like Carlson still needs to learn the difference between "critical race theory" which really isn't being taught in schools, and "Racial Equity" which many schools are trying to instill.

https://www.businessinsider.com/racial-equity-equality-definition-systemic-racism-2021-2

Sepiatone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Why is The Anglosphere allowing COVID to defeat it? Tucker Carlson says US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada are 'committing suicide collectively' with slow erosion of rights 

46241723-0-image-a-3_1628010364013.jpg

The Fox News host accused the various governments of 'committing suicide' by kowtowing to the virus with draconian restrictions in response to relatively few deaths.

600,000-plus deaths, and counting, is not “relatively few deaths”, unless life is something you care about only as a talking point.

• Thanks 1

Now Tucker Carlson is praising Hungary's strong man, Victor Orban.  Rupert Murdoch (and Trump) would like nothing better than a fascist world run by oligarchs.  Why America lets this dangerous foreigner control its airwaves is beyond me.

QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

Chait column on Fox's road to fascism
Quote Tweet

bJM-uo4C_mini.jpg

Jonathan Chait

@jonathanchait
· 3h
Tucker Carlson's ode to Orbanism is an important marker in the Republican evolution toward authoritarianism https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/08/tucker-carlson-has-seen-the-future-and-it-is-fascist.html
  • Sad 1
50 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Now Tucker Carlson is praising Hungary's strong man, Victor Orban.  Rupert Murdoch (and Trump) would like nothing better than a fascist world run by oligarchs.  Why America lets this dangerous foreigner control its airwaves is beyond me.

QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

Who is the "foreigner" here?     It must be Murdoch and if that is the case,    hey,  Frum,  Murdoch is American.      So is Frum telling Murdoch to go-back?   

I.e.   Frum's use of the term "foreigner" is right out of the Trump playbook.  

If Frum meant Orban;  that would be a joke since he has no "control" over American airways.      (Murdoch doesn't either,  but he does own Fox).

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Who is the "foreigner" here?     It must be Murdoch and if that is the case,    hey,  Frum,  Murdoch is American.      So is Frum telling Murdoch to go-back?   

If Frum meant Orban;  that would be a joke since he has no "control" over American airways.      (Murdoch doesn't either,  but he does own Fox).

Correct.  Murdoch had to become a naturalized citizen if he wanted to create the Fox TV network.  US laws at the time prohibited foreign ownership of networks and stations, though this has been loosened up a bit lately.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The above was my thoughts, not Frum's.  And I was referring to the Aussie Murdoch who has a heavy influence on American culture.  I didn't realize that he had become an American.

The UK has successfully kept him from having the same sort of tv media control that he enjoys in the U.S.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

The above was my thoughts, not Frum's.  And I was referring to the Aussie Murdoch who has a heavy influence on American culture.  I didn't realize that he had become an American.

The UK has successfully kept him from having the same sort of tv media control that he enjoys in the U.S.

True, but the UK's not immune to him.  He has newspapers, and in the UK, being a small country geographically, they have many nationally distributed papers, so his reach in print media is larger than it would be here in the US or Canada, where newspapers are largely regional (with a few exceptions).  The Murdoch's own The Times and The Sun tabloid.

Also, Ofcom (sort of the UK's equivalent of the FCC) granted Murdoch a licence for a news operation on cable and satellite, called News UK TV.  There's another similar outlet that recently launched called News GB.  It appears that they overestimated the audience for this new channel, and rather than use cable/satellite distribution, they will instead be available via streaming outlets only.

Canada is the the only large Anglophone country completely out of Murdoch's reach daily media reach.  I believe the family owns a few direct mail advertising outlets there, though. 

Even though the UK has loosened their TV and radio regulation greatly since the 1970s, they still have a tighter grip over their airwaves than the FCC does, especially over news content.

QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

Not since Robert Maxwell interviewed Nicolae Ceausescu ...
Quote Tweet

XYcUsJUI_mini.jpg

Tucker Carlson

@TuckerCarlson
· 4h
Don’t miss part of our interview with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán. Tonight at 8pm ET on #FoxNews

QcgK2k4V_normal.jpg

In his interview of Ceausescu, Maxwell famously asked the brutal dictator: "What has, in your opinion, made you so popular with the Romanians?"
20 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Yea,  just like Trump!    How is the Aussie Murdoch any different than the Kenyan Obama?   

AND you can't claim anymore to be ignorant that Murdoch is AMERICAN.

You're trying to demonize Murdoch for being an immigrant American. 

Otherwise why use Aussie Murdoch? 

10 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yea,  just like Trump!    How is the Aussie Murdoch any different than the Kenyan Obama?   

AND you can't claim anymore to be ignorant that Murdoch is AMERICAN.

You're trying to demonize Murdoch for being an immigrant American. 

Otherwise why use Aussie Murdoch? 

I didn't know he was an American but looking at the big picture that is beside the point, or my point when I was referring to Fox New's praise of the Hungarian oligarch leader.

Rupert Murdoch, like Trump and Putin is for a world run by the extremely rich.   I find that offensive and I find his propaganda machine espousing the same to be offensive as well.

Obviously a great many people, not just Americans eat up this propaganda and fail to see that they are being used by the ultra wealthy.

• Like 1