Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
overeasy

Movie quotes you use all the time...

1 minute ago, Sepiatone said:

Well, THAT'S a quote( "she's in the bathroom") that I don't or ever have used from the movie.  But I have used the old man's (William Hickey as Grampa Lewis) line about..."You couldn't hear a DUMP TRUCK drive through a NITROGLYCERIN PLANT!"  in speaking to my hard of hearing brother in law.  :)

Sepiatone

When we go get our Christmas tree at the Christmas tree farm, someone always says something about getting the Griswold Family Christmas Tree.

I also like the "He read that squirrels are high in cholesterol."

And the "THE BLESSSSSSING"

"Grace? She died 30 years ago!" 

This movie is a classic. Every quote is just gold. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EricJ said:

hqdefault.jpg

- "It's symbolic of our struggle against oppression!"

"It's symbolic of his struggle against reality."

I find it more useful in its original context, ie. pointing out the hopeful weak point of something considered unkillable:

If Trump loses his latest court battle, or the latest Terminator sequel flops in theaters, "If it bleeds, we can kill it."  😈

There have been times when I used a quote that I think is from this same scene, "I want to be called Loretta."

It's just a random quote to drop into a conversation!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sagebrush said:

"Walk this way...this way."

2b0db189a6a2f1e278feba288a658c96.jpg

OMG.  How could I forget Young Frankenstein.  There are many I use.

"He was my boyfriend!"

"Werewolf?"  "There wolf."

"I was gonna make espresso..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, overeasy said:

"He was my boyfriend!"

"Dr. Frahken-steen"

"Puttin on the reeeeeetz"

"Didn't that used to be on the other side?"

• Haha 1

Oftentimes if the topic of the 1970s come up, I usually use the one line Marilyn Sokol had in Foul Play: "Really, honey, you gotta drag yourself into the 70s! You gotta get some merchandise!"

22 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

"I'm shocked! Shocked!" (feigning surprise)

-Casablanca

We use this one all the time, especially when there are news items about corrupt leaders or lying politicians, anything like that. Along those lines, when we call each other out on stuff we shouldn't be doing, we quote MY FAIR LADY: "I????? Walk over people????"

• Like 1

We quote ARSENIC AND OLD LACE all the time, especially "It's not only against the law.... it's WRONG!" about bad stuff idiots do, and "It practically gallops!" about crazy people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

We quote ARSENIC AND OLD LACE all the time, especially "It's not only against the law.... it's WRONG!" about bad stuff idiots do, and "It practically gallops!" about crazy people.

Then there's the classic CHAAAAAARGE!

Speaking of Arsenic and Old Lace and Theodore Roosevelt:

In probably the most Portland sentence I'll ever write: This month, my husband and I will be taking a terrarium building class taught by a Theodore Roosevelt impersonator. 

• Haha 2

"And it ain't a fit night out for man or beast!" - I used to say this one to my late grandmother when it was snowing or the weather was bad :lol: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, overeasy said:

I too often say "But I was going to make espresso"

and of course at the dinner table: "Food good. Drink good." (we don't smoke)

"Poo-poo undies"

Yeah, what about cartoons or Marx Brothers goldmine o quotes?

"Bye bye Screwy, seeya in St Louie!"

"Next" (Bugs' closing line in Rabbit Of Seville-similarly said by Mail distributer in STALAG 17)

Groucho: "That covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself"

I always call a flashlight a "Flesh" like Chicko

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

, and "It practically gallops!" about crazy people.

You've got to make clear it was Cary Grant's reply when asked if insanity runs in the family.  :D 

And cartoon quotes?  Well, how many have been calling some people a "maroon" instead of "moron"?  Thanks,Bugs!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

And often, when the occasion would normally call for it's original version, I'll use. "Two peas in a pah-DUH!" and of course add the slight finger twirl.  ;) 

Sepatone 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:41 PM, LonesomePolecat said:

We bandy lots of quotes around our house, and I too will need to think about specifics. One that comes to mind is from THE GHOST AND MR CHICKEN -- we say "And they used Bon Ami!" all the time.

Atta boy, Luther! I said that over the intercom system at work and heard people laughing. I hoped that at least a few people knew from whence it came. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And often, when the occasion would normally call for it's original version, I'll use. "Two peas in a pah-DUH!" and of course add the slight finger twirl.  ;) 

Sepatone 

I do that one a lot myself and another - "And I learned about women from you". 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I too often say "But I was going to make espresso"

and of course at the dinner table: "Food good. Drink good." (we don't smoke)

"Poo-poo undies"

Yeah, what about cartoons or Marx Brothers goldmine o quotes?

"Bye bye Screwy, seeya in St Louie!"

"Next" (Bugs' closing line in Rabbit Of Seville-similarly said by Mail distributer in STALAG 17)

Groucho: "That covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself"

But I was going to make espresso. I say that often and even more often, "Would you like a roll in zee hay?"

15 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

"And it ain't a fit night out for man or beast!" - I used to say this one to my late grandmother when it was snowing or the weather was bad :lol: 

Man. Great minds sure think alike. I say this every time there is foul weather. In fact, I said it just the other night when it was quite windy here. 

Whenever a car comes out of nowhere or cuts us off (happens 10 times a day here in LA) we quote MAN WORLD: "He just went sailing right out there!"

BXSGYo.gif

• Haha 4

On 11/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, speedracer5 said:

When we go get our Christmas tree at the Christmas tree farm, someone always says something about getting the Griswold Family Christmas Tree.

I don't always find the perfect situations to apply them, but I will shoehorn in a direct quote or a variation thereof  rom the original Vacation as often as possible, including, but not limited to:

"Roll 'em up."

"Good talk, Russ."

"This is crazy ... this is crazy ... this is crazy ..."

"This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest! A quest for fun."

"Can I get you a spoon? ... Please?"

"I don't know why they call this stuff Hamburger Helper. It's great just by itself!"

and the fairly disturbing "Yeah, but my dad says I'm the best."

And any time I learn something new, I like to quote John Laroquette from Stripes: "I didn't know they could doooo that!"

And, well, pretty much anything from Stripes if I can find a situation that's even remotely applicable:

"They should call you the dork!"

"Oh that hurts, Ma'am."

"Lighten up, Francis."

"All I know is I finally get to kill somebody."

"No ... but we're willing to learn. Is there some kind of special course we could take, or ...?"

Etc.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I use them, but they're my favorite lines that I can't (and don't want to) get out of my head:\

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" - Rhett Butler, GONE WITH THE WIND

"Made it, Ma! Top of the World!!!" - Cody Jarrett, WHITE HEAT

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." - Don Vito Corleone, THE GODFATHER

16 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I believe that you may wish to reconsider using that term in the future. I would urge you in the name of all that you hold dear that you do not Google: "flesh light" and or "fleshlight".

• Haha 5

On 11/5/2019 at 3:55 PM, overeasy said:

And when I like a little cold malted chocolate on late summer evenings, I never make Ovaltine (the only malted chocolate on the drink-mix shelf, unless anyone knows of another brand)--
It instinctively always comes out as "...OOO-valtine?"

17 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Yeah, what about cartoons

u5rkAPQGKqQL0acA657NBsYARyK.jpg

"Mowe bwiefing?"
"More briefing."

(Not to mention that if I happen to think "Oho, so that's his little game, is it?", it's reflex-conditionally followed by "...Shoot the duck, shoot the duck!!")

2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

And any time I learn something new, I like to quote John Laroquette from Stripes: "I didn't know they could doooo that!"

And, well, pretty much anything from Stripes if I can find a situation that's even remotely applicable:

"They should call you the dork!"

"Oh that hurts, Ma'am."

"Lighten up, Francis."

"All I know is I finally get to kill somebody."

"No ... but we're willing to learn. Is there some kind of special course we could take, or ...?"

Etc.

Oh, forgot about "Stripes."  A gold mine of quotes.  My favorite: "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia.  We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again."

• Haha 1

Whenever my sister and I hear someone say something slyly clever, we say to each other "Thy mother mated with a scorpion" (from LAWRENCE OF ARABIA.)

• Like 3