Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

Contest! Days Won

On 11/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, Sepiatone said:

Well, if there's no prize of any kind involved, why GIVE a ****?  Or, BOTHER with any such tally? 

Sepiatone

Yeah, who cares???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Somnambula said:

So how do I look up my profile to see my big goose egg?

Click on your screen name in upper right corner.  Then click on profile.  There is green bar a little ways from top with different information.  Days Won is last one.

Tried to copy mine, but it showed vertically instead of horizontally.

Who cares how many people like a post? Doesn't mean the post is any good or worthwhile. Just like the amount of posts mean anything either. Just means you post a lot!  You could just post a ton of urls like some people do and have a high post count that way. Just means a few people liked your post. A winner?? Really dumb! Didn't even know this existed. I need to go look at mine! LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LOL I noticed this a few years ago. It's not even accurate. I have had 8 and 10 Likes on a post a few times and it was never counted. My count hasn't changed in a few years. I wouldn't take it too seriously but if some want to think it means something, whatever floats your boat LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Something else that these boards have.... although i'm not certain how many really pay attention to them, are reputation points. You get one for every like you receive and mayb e one for every time you are quoted. Naturally, most of the time, the more you post, the more you get.....

http://forums.tcm.com/topmembers/?filter=pp_reputation_points

• Thanks 1

Reputation points???? I never knew all this! So being liked means you are good?

• Haha 1

Just now, Hibi said:

Reputation points???? I never knew all this! So being liked means you are good?

I guess. You have over 5,000 of them.....i have a little over 2,000. The all time champ, jakeem, has over 55,000.

26 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Click on your screen name in upper right corner.  Then click on profile.  There is green bar a little ways from top with different information.  Days Won is last one.

Tried to copy mine, but it showed vertically instead of horizontally.

All I have is FORUMS - MEMBERS - CONTACT US

It is above my profile photo. Guess that means I have won none.

5 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I guess. You have over 5,000 of them.....i have a little over 2,000. The all time champ, jakeem, has over 55,000.

What a joke! For posting urls????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I don't know how exactly it all works. I was just going by the numbers on the page....

Where do you see those? I can't find them on mine (the reputation points).

Oh, those! OK. I was confused. I'm swimming in points.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

LOL I noticed this a few years ago. It's not even accurate. I have had 8 and 10 Likes on a post a few times and it was never counted. My count hasn't changed in a few years. I wouldn't take it too seriously but if some want to think it means something, whatever floats your boat LOL

I've seen at least one other person here "unlike" my posts before.  So don't discount that.

Hey, go ahead and unlike all my posts!  I don't care, that is not what brings me here. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'll get notifications of a "Like" sometimes, and then when I click on the notice see what post it was, there's no "Like" there. I guess they realized who they clicked on and decided to remove it. 

I'm not sure anyone has said that they care about this "contest" or any of that "Top Member" nonsense, although TheCid did start a thread about all this, so what do I know?

• Like 2

Really, it's all harmless fun, but really it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I mean, i don't think that any of us are really in an Olympic style race to climb higher or higher. The reputation points I brought up, I have only checked them once maybe twice before today. they're fun, but nothing to get into a hissy over.

Re: Reputation points.  I wonder what the threshold is to determine if your reputation is good versus bad.

I have 7562 "reputation points" which compared to someone who had only a thousand, I'd assume that that was good.  However, if someone had over 50,000 points, suddenly I'm nothing. 

Maybe it's meant to be a comparison of likes to posts.  If I have 8600 something posts, and of the 8600, I've managed to get 7562 likes, that'd be a good ratio of likes to posts.  Whereas, if you had like 10,000 posts and only 100 likes, it means that a lot of your posts go nowhere.  Maybe that's what it means?

11 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Re: Reputation points.  I wonder what the threshold is to determine if your reputation is good versus bad.

I have 7562 "reputation points" which compared to someone who had only a thousand, I'd assume that that was good.  However, if someone had over 50,000 points, suddenly I'm nothing. 

Maybe it's meant to be a comparison of likes to posts.  If I have 8600 something posts, and of the 8600, I've managed to get 7562 likes, that'd be a good ratio of likes to posts.  Whereas, if you had like 10,000 posts and only 100 likes, it means that a lot of your posts go nowhere.  Maybe that's what it means?

Good points.  It just says reputation, neither good nor bad.  Maybe it bad reputation? (joke).

It is another one of those things that confuses me as to why it even exists, particularly on this forum.  If I have a low reputation rating compared to someone else, does it mean I am less "liked" or less of a person?

18 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I'll get notifications of a "Like" sometimes, and then when I click on the notice see what post it was, there's no "Like" there. I guess they realized who they clicked on and decided to remove it. 

I'm not sure anyone has said that they care about this "contest" or any of that "Top Member" nonsense, although TheCid did start a thread about all this, so what do I know?

So you can unlike a post you liked???? By clicking on it again or what? LOL.

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Good points.  It just says reputation, neither good nor bad.  Maybe it bad reputation? (joke).

It is another one of those things that confuses me as to why it even exists, particularly on this forum.  If I have a low reputation rating compared to someone else, does it mean I am less "liked" or less of a person?

Less of a person! :D

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Hibi said:

So you can unlike a post you liked???? By clicking on it again or what? LOL.

You can unlike a post by just clicking on "like" again.  You don't get a message saying you've been unliked.  

Just for the record, if someone sees that I "liked" something, but my "like" is MIA, it probably means that I clicked on it on accident.

Now that  I've written that, "clicking 'like' on accident" doesn't seem that complementary either... 

All my emojis are genuine.  I would never pass out faux likes. If I don't like the message, I'm either too polite to say anything, or I am indifferent.

Image result for bette davis all about eve gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, TheCid said:

Rumor has it that having a low reputation on these message boards can negatively impact one's credit score.

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, HoldenIsHere said:

Rumor has it that having a low reputation on these message boards can negatively impact one's credit score.

Holden, funniest post on this thread :D