Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing our friend Ray

Yeah, it's concerning because he's been such an enthusiastic and frequent poster. He mentioned his writing so it's possible he's focusing on that. I hope it's something like that and not the back-of-mind reason which would also explain it. Thanks, TB, for mentioning this. I miss that Troy Donahue avatar.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DougieB said:

Yeah, it's concerning because he's been such an enthusiastic and frequent poster. He mentioned his writing so it's possible he's focusing on that. I hope it's something like that and not the back-of-mind reason which would also explain it. Thanks, TB, for mentioning this. I miss that Troy Donahue avatar.

I have his email and I did email him about two or three weeks ago and nothing. Usually I would get a reply from him in a day or two. I know he had some health problems a year ago. But he also goes to visit a favorite niece who lives out of state. I would imagine he'd still have internet access at her place. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he turns up...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I have his email and I did email him about two or three weeks ago and nothing. Usually I would get a reply from him in a day or two. I know he had some health problems a year ago. But he also goes to visit a favorite niece who lives out of state. I would imagine he'd still have internet access at her place. Guess we'll have to wait and see if he turns up...

Thanks, TB. That's somewhat reassuring, though it seems as though there's still reason to worry. I'm glad you were able to do some follow-up and I know you'll notify us if you hear anything. Hope you're hanging in, Ray. A few years back joe filmone went missing suddenly as well, though I thought then that he may have just gotten sick of the drama on the Boards. I don't feel that way about Ray: I think he loved (loves) it here. Come back, Ray!

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Still nothing, huh? I miss his deep well of anecdotal information, especially about plays he'd seen, both major and minor, Broadway and regional, going back many years. He and Swithin are the two among us movie fans who seem to have had an equal love for live theater.  Still hoping for the best, Ray.

I was wondering if that "Ray Banacki" person that was posting a lot recently was actually "RayBan" under a new account. There was a similarity in posting style, as well as the obvious screenname connection. I would have assumed he'd mention something if it was, though.

3 hours ago, DougieB said:

Still nothing, huh? I miss his deep well of anecdotal information, especially about plays he'd seen, both major and minor, Broadway and regional, going back many years. He and Swithin are the two among us movie fans who seem to have had an equal love for live theater.  Still hoping for the best, Ray.

See note below.

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I was wondering if that "Ray Banacki" person that was posting a lot recently was actually "RayBan" under a new account. There was a similarity in posting style, as well as the obvious screenname connection. I would have assumed he'd mention something if it was, though.

It is him. I sent a private message to Ray Banacki on here, since I knew his last name and asked why he was no longer using the RayBan account. He said he had been in hospital with a foot infection and when he was able to start posting again, he had forgotten his password and could not log back in under the old name. So he just created a new account. 

I am surprised he hasn't posted in this sub-forum again. His posts lately have been in the General Discussions area.

Ray, if you're reading this, I apologize for divulging personal information...but people around here had missed posting with you, so I thought I'd explain that you are indeed back on the message boards!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, TopBilled said:

See note below.

It is him. I sent a private message to Ray Banacki on here, since I knew his last name and asked why he was no longer using the RayBan account. He said he had been in hospital with a foot infection and when he was able to start posting again, he had forgotten his password and could not log back in under the old name. So he just created a new account. 

I am surprised he hasn't posted in this sub-forum again. His posts lately have been in the General Discussions area.

Ray, if you're reading this, I apologize for divulging personal information...but people around here had missed posting with you, so I thought I'd explain that you are indeed back on the message boards!

So happy to know he is alive and has recovered- this is such a horrible time we are living in- I just lost a dear close friend to  cancer- any good news is nice to hear these days

• Like 2
21 hours ago, jaragon said:

So happy to know he is alive and has recovered- this is such a horrible time we are living in- I just lost a dear close friend to  cancer- any good news is nice to hear these days

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nothing prepares us for loss.  Every life is unique so every loss is new.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DougieB said:

Sorry to hear about your friend. Nothing prepares us for loss.  Every life is unique so every loss is new.

That is so true

On 4/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, jaragon said:

Please accept my condolences.

• Like 1